Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Too much responsibility is placed on the consumer to keep "black money" circulating in the community in the first place. We may be spending our money at black businesses, but are they doing the same themselves? Are their kids going to black schools? Do they order from black-owned stores themselves for self-care products and groceries? Do they support black-owned dry cleaners? Are you being supplied by black manufacturers?

These questions don't get broached enough in the "buy black" discourse. It's easy to be for black economics when the money is going to you and your family, but are these business owners practicing what they preach themselves?

For real. If you in the hospitality business, you gotta think of money SECOND and quality of service FIRST.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Sad fact is many Black businesses close up shop early because they wanna kick it in the evening.

I called a Black owned wing spot and the chick that answered the phone was like "we are closing early because we are going to the Ying Yang concert."

Needless to say, that spot is out of business and some Arabs bought the spot, turned it to a liquor store. They were even open on 🎄. Got my 5th of Hennessy and went right back to the crib to watch NBA 🏀

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
he says his anxiety contributes to that mostly but I think it’s just how he sounds and formats his videos

wait hold the phone, a UFC fighter lost in a fight?

@mods can we get a sticky?
You left off my joke part and just posted the video. Comedy violation :camby:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Crazy breh, it's like you got to have one drink, take a picture for social media and then leave. Guess its a market for it, so why not capitalize.
Because of social media and the economy joints are trying to capitalize and make eating out about the experience of showing off rather than the experience of eating good food. So they overcharge for bs food and leech off of rich people or faux rich people that want to look like they're taste makers.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of restaurants are doing this regardless of race. I was in Austin a few weeks back and ran into this place that had tacos. They had a photo booth and everything. The food was utter dog shyt, you had to pay for parking. A lot of these joints are targeting themselves exclusively for women and social media. It's a way for broads to show they're out and about having a good time. The food and service are secondary. This was a white joint too.
Sex and The City influence :francis:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was at Maggiano's of all places early October in Atlanta and our waiter was being sassy as hell with my mother. He didn't refill our water and 45 minutes into the meal we FINALLY got bread.

We ended up getting our dinner comped a bit and a new waiter. I don't know what's up with Atlanta man :gucci:

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
I was at Maggiano's of all places early October in Atlanta and our waiter was being sassy as hell with my mother. He didn't refill our water and 45 minutes into the meal we FINALLY got bread.

We ended up getting our dinner comped a bit and a new waiter. I don't know what's up with Atlanta man :gucci:
Then people will be up in arms talking bout we too hard on black businesses. How you gonna enter the service industry and provide shyt service?

Then they shocked when you complain :dead:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Then people will be up in arms talking bout we too hard on black businesses. How you gonna enter the service industry and provide shyt service?

Then they shocked when you complain :dead:
They will say you support white capitalism and white supremacy for wanting to be treated like a decent person. I know a dusty pro Black nikka (pro Black but has a white wife type...not knocking it just saying) that tries to talk down on Black people who complain about Black Owned Businesses 😒