Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I watched his videos. Why does he talk and sound like a robot? Is he using a voice recorder?
he says his anxiety contributes to that mostly but I think it’s just how he sounds and formats his videos

wait hold the phone, a UFC fighter lost in a fight?

@mods can we get a sticky?

clutch

Future shock
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
What i also noticed with Atlanta restaurants and clubs , they dont give a shyt about the regular people who actually are the ones saving their business, but they just hoping for that 1 celebrity to walk in the door, so they can immediately post it on social media to act like they business is the place to be..

Like i said these owners only care about they title and hopefully be a city celebrity

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I just posted this in the local thread but that’s my lil spot I’ve been gatekeeping for years. The rice and beans is mid but the jerk chicken is cot damn delicious. I drove past there Saturday and the line was in the street to get in. The actual restaurant is the size of a master bathroom so it’s already packed without buzz. I’m happy for them but I ain’t going back till the hype wears down.

I see it's in Stone Mountain, but there's one in Marietta close to my job (work in Kennesaw). Might check out the one in Marietta :patrice:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
This is what kills me. We’re told to respect black businesses when a lot of them don’t reciprocate it back.

Why should I have to lower my expectations and experience knowing I’m going to receive a subpar experience? shyt is infuriating.

I really don’t want to give my money to others but if these businesses aren’t stepping their game up then :francis:

Too much responsibility is placed on the consumer to keep "black money" circulating in the community in the first place. We may be spending our money at black businesses, but are they doing the same themselves? Are their kids going to black schools? Do they order from black-owned stores themselves for self-care products and groceries? Do they support black-owned dry cleaners? Are you being supplied by black manufacturers?

These questions don't get broached enough in the "buy black" discourse. It's easy to be for black economics when the money is going to you and your family, but are these business owners practicing what they preach themselves?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
There is this spot by my crib called Fade and Facet, which from the IG page and popularity seemed like the place to be. So me and my lady went one evening and the shyt was literally the size of a Mcdonalds inside. Bunch of rude waitresses with BBLs walking around tryna be cute. Drinks was like $20 plus for a mixed drink and the food was priced ridiculous. The kicker is they have a little space so people can come and take a picture for IG. :russ: Literally like a "I was here" photo booth. Boy nothing like Atlanta. :russ:

A lot of restaurants are doing this regardless of race. I was in Austin a few weeks back and ran into this place that had tacos. They had a photo booth and everything. The food was utter dog shyt, you had to pay for parking. A lot of these joints are targeting themselves exclusively for women and social media. It's a way for broads to show they're out and about having a good time. The food and service are secondary. This was a white joint too.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
A lot of restaurants are doing this regardless of race. I was in Austin a few weeks back and ran into this place that had tacos. They had a photo booth and everything. The food was utter dog shyt, you had to pay for parking. A lot of these joints are targeting themselves exclusively for women and social media. It's a way for broads to show they're out and about having a good time. The food and service are secondary. This was a white joint too.
Crazy breh, it's like you got to have one drink, take a picture for social media and then leave. Guess its a market for it, so why not capitalize.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, those two qualities are like gold dust with many black owned businesses. They act like they’re doing you a favor when you walk in. Like we should be grateful that they’re even open. :why:

That mentality is why customer service is seen as "bytchmade" and "weak" like thinking that catering to customers is being "submissive".

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
I see it's in Stone Mountain, but there's one in Marietta close to my job (work in Kennesaw). Might check out the one in Marietta :patrice:
They aren't related. Stone Mountain has been going out of their way to let people know they are not affiliated with the 1 in Marietta.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Saw a guy on TikTok saying how some entrepreneurs were sold this dream that if they just quit their jobs and started their own business they get to be their own bosses, don’t have work for or answer to anyone, get the freedom to what they want, etc.

But it’s like when you’re in a service industry, you essentially work for your customers/clients. Your job is to keep them satisfied with your product/service because you’re depending on them to keep the lights on.

It’s quite clear for many of these “entrepreneurs” that they have zero respect for their customers and just view them as a means to an end in their chase to be looked at as some “mogul” or “boss”.

Like legalized version of drug dealers :unimpressed: