Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What I get from this new era of Atlanta compared to the folks back in the 80s and 90s

These nikkas only care about titles and what they have.. meaning Im a business owner of this restaurant and have a house and car and dressed top notch..

Their businesses be ran poorly, have shytty employees with no training and constantly hiring and firing and the food be wack and the service is 3rd grade level..

New Orleans on the other hand is all around top quality

ATL blowing up in the Mid 00s was the worst thing to happen to that city.

Now you got these country brehs wanting to be drug kingpins and be the next Big Meech that happens to do legal business in food and "hospitality". HNIC mentality is why it's hard to get on code and do things for the greater good.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do realize Michelin just came to Atlanta last week to review restaurants right? It’s not a matter of the quality of the restaurants overall, it’s literally whenever they get around to putting out a guide for your city.

That’s the reason there isn’t one in New Orleans, which has amazing food. They haven’t put out a New Orleans guide yet.

And people don’t hate NYC, what people hate is people from New York who can’t stop talking about they from New York. They while identity centers around a place they are no longer atat.
This all the way...I grew up in GA and pretty much the new york guys stuck together and that's cool and all but all they talked about was how the south sucked and how they was from New York lol... nobody else does that. Even being in the military if I met someone they say my name is blah and I'm from New York.

I was stationed with a cat from New York in delaware and all he talked about was I gota go to New york...you gota go to New York son. Then when I planned a trip I asked him bruh where is some places I should go to New York? He was like nah son you don't Wana go to New York son. You not ready son:why:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It’s sad to say but muthafukkas showing they ass like they never had nothing before is why black owned businesses either gotta change or that market gonna crash. It’s like u black owned but trying to take advantage of ur own people and imo this all stems from ATL. They tryna be something they not so bad they the reason why barbers charging these ridiculous prices for haircuts now.

Yep.

Non black barbers cutting brehs hair for only $25 now, while actual black barbers charging $50 to $60 because they see their regular customers as dummies/licks to staying fresh and being slaves to materialism and superficiality.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
I'm going to blame some of this on people being inspired by drug dealers, (following their "Hustle anyway you know how message") and unintentionally following their "business model" as a result.

Drug dealers have no respect for their customers

They have no respect for their customers

Drug dealers often do not keep regular hours

They don't keep regular hours.

etc :hubie:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Great image: Black wife. Black kids. Presents himself as a proud black family man, instead of a "real nikka" or the various c00ns we see on social media.

Endearing personality: Kind. Humble. Generous. Grounded.

Good critic: Gives honest and impartial reviews with zero malicious intent and without exploiting his celebrity/fame.

He's a breath of fresh air.

:blessed:

Like Kevin Samuels and (a much lesser extent) Andrew Tate did with the dating game, Keith Lee exposes the behavior or shady business owners that have the drug dealer mentality that are not consistent with their service and their operating hours or their products in stock. Its the wake-up call many black business owners need and its necessary for the survival of black entrepreneurship. Customer Service and being humble enough to serve them should be #1.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You do realize Michelin just came to Atlanta last month to review restaurants right? It’s not a matter of the quality of the restaurants overall, it’s literally whenever they get around to putting out a guide for your city.

That’s the reason there isn’t one in New Orleans, which has amazing food. They haven’t put out a New Orleans guide yet.

And people don’t hate NYC, what people hate is people from New York who can’t stop talking about they from New York. They whole identity centers around a place they are no longer at.
nikka no. People from ATL are FAR more obnoxious than I EVER seen y’all claim NYC to be. shyt is goofy. I have family all thru ATL and spent every summer there at one point. And the point is regardless when the Michelin got there. They carry themselves like they some elite culinary community and treat their customers like shyt. Meanwhile an ACTUAL elite culinary city doesn’t do that. I have no reason to speak on NO because from my knowledge they have GREAT hospitality.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I started seeing him on my page after he was already fairly TikTok famous. I think what made him unique is that he focused on struggling businesses and gave feedback on what they may can do to improve. So he would rate everything from food, service, presentation, hours, and location and give his honest (constructive without being harsh) feedback. Then he would go back to see if the restaurant improved and they were usually packed after he visited.

He does popular restaurants too to give his opinion on whether they live up to the hype. But I think people mostly enjoyed his small business reviews and seeing the results from it. The owners are always very emotional and appreciative, and Keith is very humble and seems kind. So overall, he’s an unproblematic black man, who’s relatable to other black people because he also describes coming from humble beginnings, he showcases his family, and has a mission to help other businesses. Particularly black businesses. That’s really it from what I can see.
+ appears to be religious

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What's the algorithm that makes random people suddenly relevant.

Must be some quantum shyt going on.
Dude was a UFC fighter so he wasn't some unknown

But here's what he did extremely smart... First off, he's black... So like that Twitch streamer who's hella famous... There's 150 white guys doing it, but if you the one black guy doing it, you gonna get ALL the black vote. Name another black food critic...... So there you go

Second, he hides his identity from the restaurant.. So once again, while everyone else is doing food critiques from the restaurant or even letting the restaurant know they coming for a review (so they can be on their best behavior and top game)... He's doing it like a common man so the common man flocks to his page cause he's getting it honest...

Third, he travels.. How much reviewing you doing in your 3 state radius? Man not only goes state to state, but hits 10-20-30 spots in a state before leaving.. Can you even finance that?

Easy money... Well it was... Now you'd just be a copycat.. But find another niche and be the first black person doing.... Bar reviews... Bet you'd blow up quick

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Keith says he has to disguise his voice sometimes so he gets the same service everyone else gets when he orders food. He has become the 5 Star general of food reviews. A good review from Keith can change a restaurant owner’s life.
That nikka sound like a faq but I’m glad he putting ATL restaurants in a choke hold.. They need to get their shyt together

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ATL blowing up in the Mid 00s was the worst thing to happen to that city.

Now you got these country brehs wanting to be drug kingpins and be the next Big Meech that happens to do legal business in food and "hospitality". HNIC mentality is why it's hard to get on code and do things for the greater good.

You don't know what you're talking about

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Atl been taking Ls. First dwight howard and now this? Perfect opportunity for a bed and breakfast :troll:

Stuff your face and butthole all in one place :shaq:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That was interesting.

I’m not sure I entirely understand the point. I guess it’s true that popularity doesn’t equal engagement.

My takeaway was that Tiktok seems to have so many creators that when everyone is popular, nobody is popular. If that makes any sense. Also, what’s the point if the star of your app is the algorithm, or that FYP page?

I don’t have TikTok. It’s a kids app in my mind. Same pointless crap as Snapchat to me.
You are way off with this one.. I thought the same.. We all thought the same. You can learn A LOT from tik tok... Follow the right people and you can be on there for hours, never seeing a kid or any silly shyt.

Like any app, you got to get your algorithm right.. I use it for travel ideas and clothing and man.... It's full of knowledge and experts