Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
I hope you ain’t putting Snooze off montrose in there. Sorry ass country pot pie, when the waiter asked how was the food I told him it was fukkin terrible.

My girl looked at me like,

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

Snooze is ass, but it’s just a chain spot.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I’m not tryna offend but ATL is trying to be something that it isn’t. There’s like 5 or 6 Michelin star restaurants in the whole city of ATL yet they have the nerve to move the way they do. Meanwhile a place like NYC who they hate on so much got like 72 of them shyts. And offer far better service for the money.

You do realize Michelin just came to Atlanta last month to review restaurants right? It’s not a matter of the quality of the restaurants overall, it’s literally whenever they get around to putting out a guide for your city.

That’s the reason there isn’t one in New Orleans, which has amazing food. They haven’t put out a New Orleans guide yet.

And people don’t hate NYC, what people hate is people from New York who can’t stop talking about they from New York. They whole identity centers around a place they are no longer at.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Agreed, my last 2 negative Atlanta restaurant experiences were white servers. The vibe I get from some Atlanta restaurants/staff is that they try too hard to be bougie. As a non-native, I think it comes from a place of feeling inferior to other major cities and their spots. :manny:

Save yourself the headache and money and eat at Metro ATL spots :wow:
No, it’s not

Most of the people working at those spots not even from ATL

Let’s be honest.. ATL is the way it is now because of the people that come there with expectations of becoming a “boss” or wanting to be somewhere popular or faddish to other black people…

Then go out there and start trying to treat people like shyt

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
And people don’t hate NYC, what people hate is people from New York who can’t stop talking about they from New York. They while identity centers around a place they are no longer at.

This is the coli in a nutshell. These nikkas entire being is wrapped up in a damn city they just happen to live in. Just because you from a city dont mean that you cool, get bytches, can dress, can fight etc etc

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
These ATL resteraunts should know better. Current and retired entertainers and athletes be all around ATL and they fukk with you if you’re cool. Executives in high places too. All it takes is good service. It’s people looking for black businesses to put their money in. In the actual city of atlanta and in the metro. Scarring away deals because of fake bougie ness and HNIC syndrome

It takes HUMILITY and SELFLESSNESS to be good at customer service. Too many business owners want the money before the QUALITY of service and often live beyond their financial means.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, it’s not

Let’s be honest.. ATL is the way it is now because of the people that come there with expectations of becoming a “boss” or wanting to be somewhere popular or faddish to other black people…

yeah all these spots full "Chase MY Dreams ENT" members

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
No, it’s not

Sadly, too many black folk feel like they gotta embrace POWER just to feel validated. Even if it means stepping on good people's toes and starting conflict for clout. Some people want to be like their oppressors and feel like their money can make them into God.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This is the coli in a nutshell. These nikkas entire being is wrapped up in a damn city they just happen to live in. Just because you from a city dont mean that you cool, get bytches, can dress, can fight etc etc

Bruh I be legit confused like “when you lived in New York you couldnt possibly have been going around constantly telling other people in New York that you from New York. Do you not have an actual personality and identity”?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Never heard of him before this. He seems to put people on blast. I like that.

Its called RETRIBUTION to all those businesses that treat (black) customers like shyt. It was a long time coming, but its the correction that a lot of black business owners needed. Can't be good at customer service and have the HNIC mentality.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The problem is that alot of these restaurant owners think they are celebs themselves. So they impose these rules to exploit their consumers to act out there rapper cosplay. Like the nikka that owns Peach Cobbler Cafe/Ubar. He's a sucka ass nikka who thinks he's Jeezy. He tries to squeeze all of the money out of his customers at Ubar (what sportsbar charges 30 dollars to enter for a 1pm game?), and uses cheap ass ingredients at Peach Cobbler Cafe. And fukks over his employees all to fund his boss lifestyle. These nikkas aint tryna just make a living, they trying to get rich

I went to U Bar back in 2014 :laff:

They had the Wednesday night 25 cent wings, and $2 shots. I spent $22 dollars and was TWISTED and full of food. :dead:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I'm only familiar with him due to seeing clips here or there on twitter. I've seen him review black restaurants in virtually every other state and not have any issues. So this seems more like an Atlanta problem than a black problem. I've only been to Atlanta a couple times but have definitely dealt with...weird service at black restaurants. But to be fair I also went to a Chinese restaurant in Atlanta and got bad customer service and very long wait times.
Its not just ATL, i've seen folks in Houston making the similar posts about the food scene out there. (on social media)

There was a big thread about Turkey Leg Hut and their foolishness not too long ago

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Peaks 100 is far superior food reviewer man couldn’t even watch the video but I commend him for using his clout for good

Wild self

Supporter
Daps