Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The milk and honey in Maryland also be on that BS.

Lots of black owned restaurants changing up like those ridiculous hair braider spots with the wild rules and prices

The milk and honey in Maryland also be on that BS.

Lots of black owned restaurants changing up like those ridiculous hair braider spots with the wild rules and prices
Bro. DMV wide these businesses be on that bullshyt but that's how the people are up here. The problem with Atlanta is none of these folks are from Atlanta most of the time

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Owner responds lol.

Dude looks “Atlanta” as hell.:dame:

This is why you need someone to do marketing.

I just checked the website and no way would I go to his place of the shyttiness of his website alone. Any website with animated pages or reviews plastered everywhere is a no for me. Then you can’t even click on the fukkin menu, it takes you to the fukkin plug-in page for the menu app.

Salute to breh’s success but dude is one of those, “self made can’t tell me nothing cats”

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I try to support black businesses but most of them aren’t meeting the consumer half way. Customer service is the corner stone of any business.

You have folk talking about generational wealth but these businesses can’t even get the fundamentals right. That’s why the black dollar hardly circulates in black hands for more than 24 hours.

The white man’s ice may not be colder but it sure is more punctual. :francis:
ATL fulla bullshyt spots with the same fukking menu lmfao

Everyone got some combo of chicken and waffles, snapper plate, or birra

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Bro. DMV wide these businesses be on that bullshyt but that's how the people are up here. The problem with Atlanta is none of these folks are from Atlanta most of the time
Man I went to some spot in Silver Spring and I was so mad. They brought out the menu and didn’t come back for at least 15 minutes. I had to flag down another waiter to get my original waiter.

Half the shyt we tried to order they didn’t have. Dumbass, when you drop off the menu that’s the time to say what items are unavailable.

Then it was hella dumb items that if you are out of then you shouldn’t even have opened the doors to begin with.

Stupid shyt like no waffles because the machine is broken, no bacon because the shipment didn’t come in on time, no orange juice, no hash browns. How the fukk you running a brunch service with half the shyt out of stock?

I wanted to dip out but the rest of the group was just cool about everything.

Also… I know y'all gonna kill me but, Busboys and Poets can GTFO. I gave them multiple chances.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Never heard of dude before this weekend
But isn't he part of the problem?
People will blindly go to a restaurant solely off social media/tik tok hype, then those same people get mad when the restaurants adjust and optimize for what's important for social media
OLG is infamous for having horrible service yet there are always lines around the block cause it's about being THERE for the majority of people. Food and service is secondary

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Was at a ramen joint in Sapporo, they had a line around the corner. Joint closed at 3, I didn't start eating until 5:15, I left at about 5:45 and they still had people waiting.

I remember thinking, "this would never be the case in DC or Atlanta." Really the states in general.

I've tried to model most of my life to avoid places with poor customer service, sadly a number of those places involve black folks.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Was at a ramen joint in Sapporo, they had a line around the corner. Joint closed at 3, I didn't start eating until 5:15, I left at about 5:45 and they still had people waiting.

I remember thinking, "this would never be the case in DC or Atlanta." Really the states in general.

I've tried to model most of my life to avoid places with poor customer service, sadly a number of those places involve black folks.

Got damn breh you must’ve been starving after all those girls bars :picard:. I was there last year in December but I was done by midnight.

Were you at Ramen alley?

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
People will blindly go to a restaurant solely off social media/tik tok hype, then those same people get mad when the restaurants adjust and optimize for what's important for social media
OLG is infamous for having horrible service yet there are always lines around the block cause it's about being THERE for the majority of people. Food and service is secondary

Man, my girl is getting like this. :beli: It's almost to the point where she don't want to go somewhere until she see it on Tik-Tok first. I hate that fukking app man, making people unable to think for themselves anymore. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s not part of “the problem”. Because he’s keeping the focus on the food and the service and he DGAF about the other shyt.

“The problem” is not social media anyway. It’s the fact that most these MFs don’t have shyt compelling to offer that comes from their kitchen so they lean into trends. Most of the time this strategy doesn’t work long term.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
So this seems more like an Atlanta problem than a black problem. I've only been to Atlanta a couple times but have definitely dealt with...weird service at black restaurants. But to be fair I also went to a Chinese restaurant in Atlanta and got bad customer service and very long wait times.
Agreed, my last 2 negative Atlanta restaurant experiences were white servers. The vibe I get from some Atlanta restaurants/staff is that they try too hard to be bougie. As a non-native, I think it comes from a place of feeling inferior to other major cities and their spots. :manny:

Save yourself the headache and money and eat at Metro ATL spots :wow:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
A lot of black restaurant owners like the idea and aesthetic of having a restaurant with their fusion bullshyt and jerk everything without actually putting in the extremely hard work(customer service, putting time/quality into food, etc) of making a restaurant successful
They really treat it like having children. Once the reality of responsibility hits them, they stop making the effort.

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
I don't follow the TikTok shyt like that but from everything I hear he legit he can take your restaurant to the next level or ruin it just like that. He's the wrong one I want to beef with if I own restaurant.