Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Atlanta really beat out NYC for the corniest city ever.
NYC corny?
tenor.gif

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Yea, going you damn near have to sacrifice your 1st born to eat at some of these places in atl. Just to get in and find out the food and customer service is trash :unimpressed: A lot of these black owned restaurants just be ambiance and nothing else.

That’s why I let my man make all the plans and pay, and I just show up :blessed:

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
Since brehs in here watch him, what made him so popular out of anyone? Like why is HE the one that went viral, if yall can explain

I started seeing him on my page after he was already fairly TikTok famous. I think what made him unique is that he focused on struggling businesses and gave feedback on what they may can do to improve. So he would rate everything from food, service, presentation, hours, and location and give his honest (constructive without being harsh) feedback. Then he would go back to see if the restaurant improved and they were usually packed after he visited.

He does popular restaurants too to give his opinion on whether they live up to the hype. But I think people mostly enjoyed his small business reviews and seeing the results from it. The owners are always very emotional and appreciative, and Keith is very humble and seems kind. So overall, he’s an unproblematic black man, who’s relatable to other black people because he also describes coming from humble beginnings, he showcases his family, and has a mission to help other businesses. Particularly black businesses. That’s really it from what I can see.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
1. All this hype is a moot point because it's what happens organically anyway. You can always tell when a place is more flash than substance, and restaurants/lounges like them have a 3-6 month shelf life here, if that. No tiktok "influencer" needed. The bad food/bad service/disrespectful ownership will get filtered out.

2. The local laws shifted and are heavily squeezing bars vs restaurants vs whatever else out of existence...so these mashup places have been popping up all over. It's just part of the process. By far most will fail until/unless people actually get involved in their local governance and make the changes they want to see.

3. If you're visiting and want to hit the good spots, move with a local. That's been true since ever. If you rely on social media whatever, that's on you. :manny:

edit: 4. If you seriously think any of this would affect how Caribbean places operate, I have some very distressing news :pachaha:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
1. All this hype is a moot point because it's what happens organically anyway. You can always tell when a place is more flash than substance, and restaurants/lounges like them have a 3-6 month shelf life here, if that. No tiktok "influencer" needed. The bad food/bad service/disrespectful ownership will get filtered out.

2. The local laws shifted and are heavily squeezing bars vs restaurants vs whatever else out of existence...so these mashup places have been popping up all over. It's just part of the process. By far most will fail until/unless people actually get involved in their local governance and make the changes they want to see.

3. If you're visiting and want to hit the good spots, move with a local. That's been true since ever. If you rely on social media whatever, that's on you. :manny:

edit: 4. If you seriously think any of this would affect how Caribbean places operate, I have some very distressing news :pachaha:
Man what Caribbean people do not care but they food hits so they can do that. Same with Chinese restaurants to the people that eat at those

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
These ATL resteraunts should know better. Current and retired entertainers and athletes be all around ATL and they fukk with you if you’re cool. Executives in high places too. All it takes is good service. It’s people looking for black businesses to put their money in. In the actual city of atlanta and in the metro. Scarring away deals because of fake bougie ness and HNIC syndrome