...why can't they just leave my 80s childhood Horrors alone:flabbynsick:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Guess they haven't learned from Freddie or Jason's remakes:scust:

...why can't they just leave my 80s childhood Horrors alone:flabbynsick:

That Jason one was cool, the criticism against it is asinine at best. Y'all gotta let that nostalgia go for real. Let's look at the friday the 13th series and you tell me how many quality horror flicks are in it. Do the math on that then come back and talk trash about the 2009 remake

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That Jason one was cool, the criticism against it is asinine at best. Y'all gotta let that nostalgia go for real. Let's look at the friday the 13th series and you tell me how many quality horror flicks are in it. Do the math on that then come back and talk trash about the 2009 remake
Had some decent kills. It was better than the NOES remake and Halloween... but are they still going with found footage for new Friday? I think so. Idk just seems like Jason has been exhausted and there isn't much else interesting to do with him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Had some decent kills. It was better than the NOES remake and Halloween... but are they still going with found footage for new Friday? I think so. Idk just seems like Jason has been exhausted and there isn't much else interesting to do with him.

I have no idea what they're doing with it they just bought a new writer on from Hannibal last week and I don't know if he's starting from scratch or not. I think I read something about them wanting to explore this concept of Jason being undead but I think it's a more fluid situation at this point. My initial point was though, with something like Jason Takes Manhattan, how can you dump on that remake

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
They showed the entire fukking movie in that trailer :stopitslime: first one is a classic, don't think this one can capture the mood of the OG.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wasn't that bad :ld: had some good scares and it went in enough different directions character wise where it didn't feel like the same movie at all. Jared Harris steals the show though. I'd love to see a movie based on his character. It does have some meh moments but it does more good than bad. Solid B. It's also a harsher movie than the original. It definitely feels more Sam Rami than Amblin but it still has a good sense of humor.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Wasn't that bad :ld: had some good scares and it went in enough different directions character wise where it didn't feel like the same movie at all. Jared Harris steals the show though. I'd love to see a movie based on his character. It does have some meh moments but it does more good than bad. Solid B. It's also a harsher movie than the original. It definitely feels more Sam Rami than Amblin
And your ex machina review? :ufdup:

:russ:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Terrible reviews from critics and audiences. I will wait for video, I did pop in the original recently and again atmosphere alone makes it very terrifying till this day. That little girl just had something about her. Did Ok at the box office for it's budget and it being a remake. But I'm not shocked by the response. Maybe it should of been a sequel instead of a remake, I don't know if that would of helped. I loving all the 80's and 90's Nostalgia in Pop Culture in 2015 but this movie doesn't feel like it brings anything new to the franchise.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Terrible reviews from critics and audiences. I will wait for video, I did pop in the original recently and again atmosphere alone makes it very terrifying till this day. That little girl just had something about her. Did Ok at the box office for it's budget and it being a remake. But I'm not shocked by the response. Maybe it should of been a sequel instead of a remake, I don't know if that would of helped. I loving all the 80's and 90's Nostalgia in Pop Culture in 2015 but this movie doesn't feel like it brings anything new to the franchise.

It's actually not that bad breh. Like at all. The problem is just it did nothing new in relation to the conjuring or the paranormal activity series.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's actually not that bad breh. Like at all. The problem is just it did nothing new in relation to the conjuring or the paranormal activity series.

Oh cool, you check it out? I heard they changed the story to just a modern setting. Same overall concept though but an over emphasis on the clown of course as all the marketing is doing.