Poltergeist Trailer

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh cool, you check it out? I heard they changed the story to just a modern setting. Same overall concept though but an over emphasis on the clown of course as all the marketing is doing.

They changed the story and its new characters really. So some of the same beats from the original definitely but it's a new dynamic family wise and a new setting

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh cool, you check it out? I heard they changed the story to just a modern setting. Same overall concept though but an over emphasis on the clown of course as all the marketing is doing.

Also the marketing has been bad. They're marketing it to the nostalgia crowd with the clown rather than selling the movie which has been a mistake

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Wasn't that bad :ld: had some good scares and it went in enough different directions character wise where it didn't feel like the same movie at all. Jared Harris steals the show though. I'd love to see a movie based on his character. It does have some meh moments but it does more good than bad. Solid B. It's also a harsher movie than the original. It definitely feels more Sam Rami than Amblin but it still has a good sense of humor.

:ehh: You did a better job selling it than the trailer. I think I'll check it out.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie sucked and it would have sucked even if it was not using the Poltergeist name.

And why the hell was Sam Rockwell acting like he was in a different movie? Dude was phoning it in on some old "I'm ironically acting in a horror movie" type of a performance.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
CommonMadHusky.gif
Sheeeeeit it 3 was creepy

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wasn't that bad :ld: had some good scares and it went in enough different directions character wise where it didn't feel like the same movie at all. Jared Harris steals the show though. I'd love to see a movie based on his character. It does have some meh moments but it does more good than bad. Solid B. It's also a harsher movie than the original. It definitely feels more Sam Rami than Amblin but it still has a good sense of humor.

Wasn't that bad that, he says... :stopitslime:

shyt was awful, breh. Poor to no build-up, did like three jump scares then it just kept throwing special effects at you without any form of dread or even as much as a reason to care. Then as if they hadn't messed it up enough already they decided to kill whatever suspense there might be left before the final act by throwing in a bunch of jokes (Burke being asked about his leg, the convo about his marriage, him flying that drone straight into the wall). I swear the entire audience, even the people that were into it at the start just sat with their arms crossed like "Are we supposed to be impressed by this shyt?" during that whole CGI rope run. Absolutely astounding how they managed to kill all of the movie's momentum over and over until it had nothing going for it at all.

Which brings me to one other thing:

This movie sucked and it would have sucked even if it was not using the Poltergeist name.

And why the hell was Sam Rockwell acting like he was in a different movie? Dude was phoning it in on some old "I'm ironically acting in a horror movie" type of a performance.

This was yet another embarrassment for Sam Rockwell and his complete inability to shake off camera awareness. Outside of maybe Moon, and not even always then, this man has never, ever, been able to pretend that he doesn't know he's being filmed. It is distracting as fukk and he might've been at his worst here.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wasn't that bad that, he says... :stopitslime:

shyt was awful, breh. Poor to no build-up, did like three jump scares then it just kept throwing special effects at you without any form of dread or even as much as a reason to care. Then as if they hadn't messed it up enough already they decided to kill whatever suspense there might be left before the final act by throwing in a bunch of jokes (Burke being asked about his leg, the convo about his marriage, him flying that drone straight into the wall). I swear the entire audience, even the people that were into it at the start just sat with their arms crossed like "Are we supposed to be impressed by this shyt?" during that whole CGI rope run. Absolutely astounding how they managed to kill all of the movie's momentum over and over until it had nothing going for it at all.

Which brings me to one other thing:

This was yet another embarrassment for Sam Rockwell and his complete inability to shake off camera awareness. Outside of maybe Moon, and not even always then, this man has never, ever, been able to pretend that he doesn't know he's being filmed. It is distracting as fukk and he might've been at his worst here.

Ok breh lol. I'm not that passionate about the movie to even debate you so cool

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The main question is....was it good enough to kill the potential "IT" remake?

Fred.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
The main question is....was it good enough to kill the potential "IT" remake?

Fred.

I was down for the IT remake when the True Detective director was attached, now that he's gone the shyt can go to the bushes :camby:.

• Dap
Reactions: hex