Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I already voted for Dark Knight but truth be told it depends on what you're in the mood for as they are both trying to do completely different things. Dark Knight is a crime film first and foremost while Avengers is a comic book film first and foremost. Dark Knight is exploring heroism, terrorism, the response to terrorism, escalation, and what it means to do good or the world and are our heroes part of the solution or the problem. The Avengers explores themes of government overreach briefly but it's a plot thread that's set up for Cap 2. It's mostly interested in exploring team dynamics and that's it. It's the more fun film while Dark Knight is the more thought provoking film and they both have their place but I prefer Dark Knight because of those themes it deals with and the fact that their are actual stakes. But I still think the Avengers is a dope flick and so much damn fun

Couldn't have said it better myself. TDK is expertly crafted but not exactly billed as a comic book movie. Avengers was, however so I've gotta five it to them.

That and I enjoyed it a little more.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm not complaining, I was specifically tagged for the sole reason of getting trolled. And responded because of it.

Certainly you can understand after I've already stated my stance of enjoying both movies, how constant repetition of the same biased points can get tiresome, right?
In the other thread you stated with complete 100% fukk boy confidence that the majority of people think avengers is better than tdk.

Then you inferred anybody disagreeing with That was biased.

Now that avengers is being mollywhopped you wanna hide your hands.

Typical disney stan.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
In the other thread you stated with compleye 100% fukk boy confidence that the majority of people think avengers is better in tdk.

Then you said inferred anybody disagreeing with was biased.

Now that avengers is being mollywhopped ypu wanna hide your hands.

Typical disney stan.

Yes, because Avengers did significantly better numbers at the box office, made more money and people bought more tickets to support it. Meanwhile, TDK didn't even do better than TDKR.

MORE PEOPLE supported Avengers over TDK. That is clear with the numbers.

I'm going off of OFFICIAL WORLDWIDE NUMBERS as a source and you are using an internet poll for yours. Clearly there is a discrepancy here and if you can't see the disconnect, I'm not even sure where to start with you.

Keep polling tho, that ought to help those TDK numbers rise :sas2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
he tagged 3 people and 2 of them voted for Avengers. 1 hasnt voted yet but is a known stan(wire)

so if he didnt tag them, Avengers would probably only have 1 vote.

so what are you complaining about?
(What's up nikkas, ayo, I know you ain't talking 'bout me, dog,you? what?)
fukk @Nephilim_BC !
(You been on my dikk nikka,you love my style, nikka)
fukk @Nephilim_BC !

:umad::umad::umad::umad:dap me or @ me breh breh :smugbiden:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One of many.

Lots of long, drawn out scenes of people having expositionary dialogue. Brings the movie down for me. Makes it hard to sit through sometimes.

I will say that is my one knock of the movie and I didn't think about it until I was listening to a film critic talk summer blockbusters the other day and he mentioned it: Everyone in the Dark Knight says exactly what their intentions are and how they're feeling. It's all mostly expository dialogue or on the nose dialogue. Harvey explains EXACTLY what Two-Face's motivations are in the climax, explaining everything about the character in one sentence as opposed to letting it be subtext or within context.

I don't mind the drawn out scenes though because they don't seen drawn out to me they move kinda quick actually. At least that's how I feel

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yes, because Avengers did significantly better numbers at the box office, made more money and people bought more tickets to support it. Meanwhile, TDK didn't even do better than TDKR.

MORE PEOPLE supported Avengers over TDK. That is clear with the numbers.

I'm going off of OFFICIAL WORLDWIDE NUMBERS as a source and you are using an internet poll for yours. Clearly there is a discrepancy here and if you can't see the disconnect, I'm not even sure where to start with you.

Keep polling tho, that ought to help those TDK numbers rise :sas2:
Box office does not equal quality.

Avengers was in 3d which added huge numbers to its total.

Not that it matters because again box office doesnt equal quality.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Box office does not equal quality.

Tdkr made more money than tdk. Go look it up dumb ass.

But you wont find anybody that thinks tdkr is better than tdk.

Avengers was in 3d which added huge numbers to its total.

Not that it matters because again box office doesnt equal quality.

Turtles has made a lot of money but to hear a lot of cats on the internet call it or just critic response in general, it's a terrible movie :yeshrug: can't use the box office argument once and then discredit in in the same breath

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Turtles has made a lot of money but to hear a lot of cats on the internet call it or just critic response in general, it's a terrible movie :yeshrug: can't use the box office argument once and then discredit in in the same breath
This kids an idiot.

By his logic people think transformers 2 is a better movie then citizen kane because it made more money.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This kids an idiot.

By his logic people think transformers 2 is a better movie then citizen kane because it made more money.

Yeah that shyt don't fly. Vanilla Ice sold more records than Public Enemy, Brand Nubian, and GangStarr in 1990 but who's got the legacy and better music :sas2: