Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I could make a poll and tag just Avengers fans too. :sas1:

But do you, I hope DC is paying you well :sas2:
he tagged 3 people and 2 of them voted for Avengers. 1 hasnt voted yet but is a known stan(wire)

so if he didnt tag them, Avengers would probably only have 1 vote.

so what are you complaining about?

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
Lets compare the whole trilogy to the Avengers.

Batman Begins - $206,852,432
TDK - $534,858,444
TDKR - $448,139,099

The Avengers - $623,357,910 :sas1:

Less people went to go see TDKR, and it made less money even though it was shown in more theaters.

The Avengers was shown in less theatres than TDKR, but made over $80 million more :umad:

TDKR was shown in 155 more theaters than The Avengers so more people went to see The Avengers and probably multiple times. And they came out the same year so aint none of that adjusted gross :sas2:

Face it breh. The country has spoken. And it proves what I've been saying from jump. Heath Ledger carried TDK. When he wasn't in it nikkas didn't care.
And box office numbers don't measure the quality of the film......look at the Transformers movies....they do stupid numbers but the last 3 have been straight trash plus that 3D does make a difference:ufdup:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
he tagged 3 people and 2 of them voted for Avengers. 1 hasnt voted yet but is a known stan(wire)

so if he didnt tag them, Avengers would probably only have 1 vote.

so what are you complaining about?

I'm not complaining, I was specifically tagged for the sole reason of getting trolled. And responded because of it.

Certainly you can understand after I've already stated my stance of enjoying both movies, how constant repetition of the same biased points can get tiresome, right?

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I'm not complaining, I was specifically tagged for the sole reason of getting trolled. And responded because of it.

Certainly you can understand after I've already stated my stance of enjoying both movies, how constant repetition of the same biased points can get tiresome, right?
who's biased?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
what the fukk does this even mean :mjlol:

TDK was the better movie period

It means, Avengers stayed more true to the comic book characters, plot lines, feel and scope of the source material. If you aren't into comics, yeah I can understand you not liking it. But if you are a fan of the comics and source material, you might feel some kind of way about the Batman that was represented in Nolan's trilogy. That wasn't any Batman I knew about prior or would care to read about in the future.

But Nolan's Batman doesn't really work in a comic book universe and that's fine. It just means (and is the reason for) that interpretation not being represented in the future of the DC Movie Universe or in Batman vs. Superman

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Everyone has biases. I only ask that people admit to them instead of acting like they don't exist. I prefer Marvel a bit more than DC but I've purchased comics from both companies for over 25 years, so I can definitely claim to be a fan of both.
I was wondering who you were specifically talking about though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I already voted for Dark Knight but truth be told it depends on what you're in the mood for as they are both trying to do completely different things. Dark Knight is a crime film first and foremost while Avengers is a comic book film first and foremost. Dark Knight is exploring heroism, terrorism, the response to terrorism, escalation, and what it means to do good or the world and are our heroes part of the solution or the problem. The Avengers explores themes of government overreach briefly but it's a plot thread that's set up for Cap 2. It's mostly interested in exploring team dynamics and that's it. It's the more fun film while Dark Knight is the more thought provoking film and they both have their place but I prefer Dark Knight because of those themes it deals with and the fact that their are actual stakes. But I still think the Avengers is a dope flick and so much damn fun

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I already voted for Dark Knight but truth be told it depends on what you're in the mood for as they are both trying to do completely different things. Dark Knight is a crime film first and foremost while Avengers is a comic book film first and foremost. Dark Knight is exploring heroism, terrorism, the response to terrorism, escalation, and what it means to do good or the world and are our heroes part of the solution or the problem. The Avengers explores themes of government overreach briefly but it's a plot thread that's set up for Cap 2. It's mostly interested in exploring team dynamics and that's it. It's the more fun film while Dark Knight is the more thought provoking film and they both have their place but I prefer Dark Knight because of those themes it deals with and the fact that their are actual stakes. But I still think the Avengers is a dope flick and so much damn fun

Which is why I think TWS might take the cake. Cause it's a movie that explores those same social and political themes AND is incredibly fun.

It was the best of both worlds.