Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Box office does not equal quality.

Avengers was in 3d which added huge numbers to its total.

Not that it matters because again box office doesnt equal quality.

Quality, ESPECIALLY for something as varied as ARTFORMS, is subjective.

Some people like Nas, some people like Jay. To have one over the other in either case is not wrong, its your personal preference.

What makes something entertaining is ALSO subjective. You like TDK better than Avengers, I like Avengers better than TDK. Neither of us is wrong by saying we LIKE the film better. Its when you claim that one is superior than the other that the claims start to make less sense if you don't' give specifics. There are several things Avengers does better than TDK, there are several things TDK does better than Avengers.

Box office and sales numbers matter as far as objective support. How do you judge who is a fan of something? Its traditionally by who supports the product and their isn't a more thorough way of supporting a movie than financially. So once again, fans FINANCIALLY supported Avengers more than they did TDK, because of that, its a logical conclusion that more people enjoyed it more.

The argument you are attempting to make has no relevance to my initial point, hence me NOT understanding why you are so committed to arguing this senseless debate. Just enjoy the feast we are getting.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
:ahh: Nas is the king

its a shame you had to be the enemy, you would have made an incredible comrade for the Marvel Alliance :wow:
perhaps we can meet halfway and play some Marvel Ultimate alliance if a new one ever comes out :russ:

Or, you can catch an ass whoopin on Marvel vs Capcom 2 on psn :demonic:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
The Dark Knight is just a better movie overall imo. Both movies were really good, but Avengers didn't have much else going for it other than some really good action.

I think the TDK will beat the Winter Soldier, too. But I feel the results will def be closer.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Some people like Nas, some people like Jay. To have one over the other in either case is not wrong, its your personal preference.

What makes something entertaining is ALSO subjective. You like TDK better than Avengers, I like Avengers better than TDK. Neither of us is wrong by saying we LIKE the film better. Its when you claim that one is superior than the other that the claims start to make less sense if you don't' give specifics. There are several things Avengers does better than TDK, there are several things TDK does better than Avengers.

Box office and sales numbers matter as far as objective support. How do you judge who is a fan of something? Its traditionally by who supports the product and their isn't a more thorough way of supporting a movie than financially. So once again, fans FINANCIALLY supported Avengers more than they did TDK, because of that, its a logical conclusion that more people enjoyed it more.

The argument you are attempting to make has no relevance to my initial point, hence me NOT understanding why you are so committed to arguing this senseless debate. Just enjoy the feast we are getting.

I'll agree with your point that all of this shyt is subjective, art is subjective most definitely. However with box office, I'd argue that financial support isn't always a measure of what the public thinks is "better" because there are so many factors that go into it: advertising, ticket prices, inflation, theater count, etc. So comparing the box office two films four years a part when ticket prices definitely increased, and one was supported by 3D ticket prices while the other was not, and the fact that there were more IMAX theaters in 2012 than there were in 2008, it's more complicated. I think there are legitimate reasons to like one of these flicks more than the other

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

:blessed:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

You're an idiot.

I don't give a shyt if YOU think avengers is better.

You are trying to claim the majority thinks avengers is better based off your own personal bias.

Box office means absolutely nothing. Iron man 3 made a billion. Nobody thinks its better than the first iron man. Nobody.

I guess eminem is the greatest rapper of all time using your logic.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I'll agree with your point that all of this shyt is subjective, art is subjective most definitely. However with box office, I'd argue that financial support isn't always a measure of what the public thinks is "better" because there are so many factors that go into it: advertising, ticket prices, inflation, theater count, etc. So comparing the box office two films four years a part when ticket prices definitely increased, and one was supported by 3D ticket prices while the other was not, and the fact that there were more IMAX theaters in 2012 than there were in 2008, it's more complicated. I think there are legitimate reasons to like one of these flicks more than the other

I hear what you saying, but Avengers was in less theatres than TDK, came out in the summer with lots of competition vs. TDK coming out near the winter with NO competition, Avengers had a TV director with a newer studio vs. TDK had a HOF level director built off one of the most established movie studios and comic characters behind it. etc.

When you look at a lot of the details, and I mean everything from advertising dollars to name recognitions, its even more impressive Avengers did what it did

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

my nikka just won the internet
here's some rep brother

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're an idiot.

You are trying to claim the majority thinks avengers is better based off your own personal bias.

Box office means absolutely nothing. Iron man 3 made a billion. Nobody thinks its better than the first iron man. Nobody.

Off topic and I know I'll get stoned for this but I enjoy 3 more than 1 :cape: Downey Jr. and Shane Black just work for me as a tandem and the twist that pissed everyone off didn't bug me so:yeshrug: I guess I'm that one person who at least likes 3 more than 1 but I'd say 1 is probably the better flick although it's all improvised

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
You're an idiot.

Why so serious? :lolbron:

You mad as shyt, lil bruh.

WHY does it pain you so much that more people liked, enjoyed and supported Avengers over TDK? Its not like TDK didn't receive a lot of support too? You sound like a guy who hates Eminem because a lot of white people like him and don't support GZA.

And I enjoyed IM3, how mad does THAT make you? :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear what you saying, but Avengers was in less theatres than TDK, came out in the summer with lots of competition vs. TDK coming out near the winter with NO competition, Avengers had a TV director with a newer studio vs. TDK had a HOF level director built off one of the most established movie studios and comic characters behind it. etc.

When you look at a lot of the details, and I mean everything from advertising dollars to name recognitions, its even more impressive Avengers did what it did

Breh Dark Knight came out in July...it came out the same day as Untitled :ahh: and I'd say that the advertising dollars from the Disney machine is always going to overpower Warner Bros or damn near any other studio on the planet. Nolan wasn't HOF level until Dark Knight. Batman Begins came out and was a hit but wasn't a runaway success. It didn't really find it's footing until home video. While the Avengers was the payoff to 4 successful flicks and a hulk flick that was at least a mild success. And it had the charm and power of Robert Downey Jr. who I'd argue is a better and bigger draw than Christian Bale, Batman or no Batman

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Off topic and I know I'll get stoned for this but I enjoy 3 more than 1 :cape: Downey Jr. and Shane Black just work for me as a tandem and the twist that pissed everyone off didn't bug me so:yeshrug: I guess I'm that one person who at least likes 3 more than 1 but I'd say 1 is probably the better flick although it's all improvised

I low key loved IM3 :lolbron: