Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That might be true but Captain America and Thor didn't do big numbers either. Their sequels did much better because of the post-Avengers bump. I'm not sure you can say the same about Batman or not. I mean Batman as a character was already a proven winner prior to Nolan. Batman (1989) was a huge hit. I'm neither a Marvel or DC stan. I enjoy some movies from each and I think some of the movies are crap.

I agree AND based that they were sequels that were successful and wound up being superior to their first movies. Marvel is benefitting mainly because off of their movies build on each other to make a flowing universe, I hope DC follows suit but with a different style to give us variety.

But TDKR got the same bump as well based off of TDK, it actually went on to be more successful than TDK too.

ALL of this is a good thing IMO because we are getting more comic movies, which I appreciate

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Unlike marvel films who wont kill anybody.
10580218_760820530625914_2642437034145174822_n.jpg
wait for the...
Kind of like how Gordon "died" in The Dark Knight but didn't really, Like how Ra's "died" in Batman Begins but didn't really like how Bruce/Batman "died" in The Dark Knight Rises but didn't really, like how Superman "died" in Superman Returns but didn't really or even like how Lois Lane "died" in Superman '78' but didn't really :pachaha:
MrFantasticAd.gif

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I agree AND based that they were sequels that were successful and wound up being superior to their first movies. Marvel is benefitting mainly because off of their movies build on each other to make a flowing universe, I hope DC follows suit but with a different style to give us variety.

But TDKR got the same bump as well based off of TDK, it actually went on to be more successful than TDK too.

ALL of this is a good thing IMO because we are getting more comic movies, which I appreciate
what "bumped" TDK sales then?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
While I can understand that people like The Avengers more then the The Dark Knight you have to be trolling or straight up delusional if you think The Avengers is a better film on a technical level. It's not by coincidence the script and the acting are being taught in film schools all over the world.

This might also be the worst thread in Film Room so far.

I'm not a cineophile, can you explain the technical aspects that make TDK superior?

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
How is it reaching?, did those films have fake deaths in them or not? :pachaha:
One of your marvel stan friends said there wasnt any instance of the lazarus pit in nolans films so how could Ras still be alive?

Gordon fakes being shot to protect fam, thats comparable to the list he posted?

and are you talking about the end of TDKR? it was foreshadowed in the movie itself that was gonna happen to "pass the torch"

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
One of your marvel stan friends said there wasnt any instance of the lazarus pit in nolans films so how could Ras still be alive?

Gordon fakes being shot to protect fam, thats comparable to the list he posted?

and are you talking about the end of TDKR? it was foreshadowed in the movie itself that was gonna happen to "pass the torch"

There are two Ra's Al Ghul's in Batman Begins, the first one dies at the start of the film, then you find out that Liam Neeson's character who reappears at the climax is Ra's Al Ghul, that is a fake death.

You get another fake/supposed death in the next movie with commissioner Gordon(made zero sense) and then another two with Bruce Wayne and Batman at the end of the Rises. Bruce Wayne has a fake funeral and Batman is given a memorial statue, then they show you Bruce alive and well at the end.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
There are two Ra's Al Ghul's in Batman Begins, the first one dies at the start of the film, then you find out that Liam Neeson's character who reappears at the climax is Ra's Al Ghul, that is a fake death.

You get another fake/supposed death in the next movie with commissioner Gordon(made zero sense) and then another two with Bruce Wayne and Batman at the end of the Rises. Bruce Wayne has a fake funeral and Batman is given a memorial statue, then they show you Bruce alive and well at the end.
I literally just explained to you in my previous point about those

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I literally just explained to you in my previous point about those

They're still fake/supposed deaths, instances where character x is "dead" but isn't really, isn't that the narrative of the list/picture? :pachaha:

e.g "Captain America 2: Nick dies but not really" "Thor 2: Loki dies (again) but not really"

The Dark Knight: Gordon dies but not really :pachaha:

Superman Returns: Superman dies but not really :pachaha:

The Dark Knight Rises: Bruce Wayne dies but not really :pachaha:

Sounds like a summary of DC movies to me :pachaha:

The list disregards the context of how/why, so the specifics are utterly irrelevant :pachaha: