Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to think about it but I rewatched TDK way more times than the Avengers. I think I've only seen Avengers once on netflix since I saw it in the movies.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:mjpls:Should have been The Dark Knight vs The Winter Soldier. That was a movie than not only did everything that The Dark Knight did(grounded realism, political commentary on current issues), but most importantly it didn't sacrifice the main character to do so. It always felt like Steve Roger's/Captain America's film and a comic book movie. Had a better set of memorable characters and vastly superior action.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Avengers was the better comic book movie.

TDK was the better standard movie.

Both sides can claim some type of victory. :skip:

This.

TDK was not a great "comic book movie"

Great movie overall though.

I still think the brilliance of it really stems from the Joker. But even with that....I didnt feel that it was "The Joker" However, Nolan/Ledger did create one of the greatest villains ever.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I still agree with the guy (cant think of his name) who was on Kevin Smith podcast. There still hasnt been a Batman movie that really "told the story"

Batman 89 and even Returns are more rewatchable than Nolan's Batman movies. Not better films....but the action is awful, Bale's Batman is dull, etc..

However, Nolan made very good to great films with the first two.

I still hope they can one day find the balance between Nolan and Burton when making a Batman movie.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjpls:Should have been The Dark Knight vs The Winter Soldier. That was a movie than not only did everything that The Dark Knight did(grounded realism, political commentary on current issues), but most importantly it didn't sacrifice the main character to do so. It always felt like Steve Roger's/Captain America's film and a comic book movie. Had a better set of memorable characters and vastly superior action.

"I hope nobody gets gum from the vending machine!"

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
"Watch as Captain America and two non-superheroes end up... kicking a lot ass together In a really entertainging and well directed movie... what we had to be honest it's good. But since Honest Trailers is comedy series. Get ready for nitpicking" :sas1:

Those same nitpicks would be used as to why the movie is trash by marvel stans if it wasnt an mcu film.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I still agree with the guy (cant think of his name) who was on Kevin Smith podcast. There still hasnt been a Batman movie that really "told the story"

Batman 89 and even Returns are more rewatchable than Nolan's Batman movies. Not better films....but the action is awful, Bale's Batman is dull, etc..

I still hope they can one day find the balance between Nolan and Burton when making a Batman movie.

Burton's Batman movies are better than TDK in a lot of ways, and there times when I consider that they may in fact be the greatest Batman movies ever made.

But then TDK comes on and Heath does his thing and I'm just like "nope, sorry".:manny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Lets see how the new avengers stacks up against tdk just for the fact that it was all a set up for a sequel. tdk having a classic villain performance takes tdk to classic heights. avengers doesnt have that and ultron hopefully makes for a better movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Ralph Garman

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It's better but Batman Forever is more comic accurate...although Batman leaping over the bench decked out in full batman gear is too silly for comprehension. Like he was sitting there during the trial in the front row dressed like that on some :maybe:

:dead: i forgot all bout that shyt.

so batman was sittin in that hot ass suit in a room for 4 hours (and its gotham so you know the air conditioner prolly broke in that bytch) and he just jumps out on some Nooooooo shyt :laff: