Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dead: i forgot all bout that shyt.

so batman was sittin in that hot ass suit in a room for 4 hours (and its gotham so you know the air conditioner prolly broke in that bytch) and he just jumps out on some Nooooooo shyt :laff:

:deadrose: Breh that is hands down the funniest thing in that movie. Him sitting there between two guys in suits, not being able to turn his neck:mjlol:..just waiting there in case Maroni tosses some acid in Harvey's face...acid that apparently can't eat through a manilla folder

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Kind of like how Gordon "died" in The Dark Knight but didn't really, Like how Ra's "died" in Batman Begins but didn't really like how Bruce/Batman "died" in The Dark Knight Rises but didn't really, like how Superman "died" in Superman Returns but didn't really or even like how Lois Lane "died" in Superman '78' but didn't really :pachaha:
:wow: hail Marvel

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
One thing on the box office numbers. As said, Nolan didn't want 3D in his movies. The studio would have liked him to do it but he didn't want to. That would have made a big difference for TDKR and also... that cac who shot up the theater in Colorado. Nobody knows how much that incident may have affected the first week turnout. People really thought that the Batman movies were targeted on some "Joker" shyt. Some people elected to stay home and wait it out or just not go at all. We don't know but I feel it definitely had some impact.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
One thing on the box office numbers. As said, Nolan didn't want 3D in his movies. The studio would have liked him to do it but he didn't want to. That would have made a big difference for TDKR and also... that cac who shot up the theater in Colorado. Nobody knows how much that incident may have affected the first week turnout. People really thought that the Batman movies were targeted on some "Joker" shyt. Some people elected to stay home and wait it out or just not go at all. We don't know but I feel it definitely had some impact.

Let's also be honest that the TDK numbers got hugely boosted by it Ledger's death after incredible hype behind his performance. I'd argue this was THE most impactful thing to the movie's success because BB didn't exactly do record numbers beforehand so it wasn't building off the hype from that movie.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The dark knight made $297 million off blu ray/dvd sales

Avengers made only $215 million off blu ray/dvd sales

Hows that fetch you @TNC :umad:

I'd think people going out and buying the movie is a better barometer than theatre box office since those people are the true fans who wanted to own the film for repeated watches.

So you breaking things down in incremental categories, but reject the overall movie generated now? :sas1:

Come on man, WHAT do you have against Marvel? I like both movies and have said that countless times already, why is it hard for you to believe more people liked Avengers? People liked both, wtf.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Let's also be honest that the TDK numbers got hugely boosted by it Ledger's death after incredible hype behind his performance. I'd argue this was THE most impactful thing to the movie's success because BB didn't exactly do record numbers beforehand so it wasn't building off the hype from that movie.

That might be true but Captain America and Thor didn't do big numbers either. Their sequels did much better because of the post-Avengers bump. I'm not sure you can say the same about Batman or not. I mean Batman as a character was already a proven winner prior to Nolan. Batman (1989) was a huge hit. I'm neither a Marvel or DC stan. I enjoy some movies from each and I think some of the movies are crap.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So you breaking things down in incremental categories, but reject the overall movie generated now? :sas1:

Come on man, WHAT do you have against Marvel? I like both movies and have said that countless times already, why is it hard for you to believe more people liked Avengers? People liked both, wtf.
Why cant YOU believe more people liked tdk?

Again, you were the one claiming it as fact.

If avengers is more liked then how do you explain the poll?

How do you explain tdk having more awards?

How do you explain more people owning tdk at home?

How do you explain tdk having better reviews from critics?

How do you explain tdk having higher user ratings on every movie website?
tdk has a 9.0 user rating on metacritic while avengers is only 7.9

Literally the only thing you have is a bigger box office aided by the movie being in 3d.

Seems like YOU are the one in denial stuck in your own bias.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
While I can understand that people like The Avengers more then the The Dark Knight you have to be trolling or straight up delusional if you think The Avengers is a better film on a technical level. It's not by coincidence the script and the acting are being taught in film schools all over the world.

This might also be the worst thread in Film Room so far.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
While I can understand that people like The Avengers more then the The Dark Knight you have to be trolling or straight up delusional if you think The Avengers is a better film on a technical level. It's not by coincidence the script and the acting is being taught in film schools all over the world.

:damn:
5r1zvbnnrelm8w4fyfkqx10ak.320x213x24.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
While I can understand that people like The Avengers more then the The Dark Knight you have to be trolling or straight up delusional if you think The Avengers is a better film on a technical level. It's not by coincidence the script and the acting are being taught in film schools all over the world.

@TNC :sas2:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Had to think about it but I rewatched TDK way more times than the Avengers. I think I've only seen Avengers once on netflix since I saw it in the movies.
I just watched it last night for the first time since I saw it in theaters, it's well done, entertaining, well acted, decent action, but there isn't much that resonates with me that makes me want to continue watching it over and over. The Dark Knight is deeper than just a superhero movie, it raises/addresses a few philosophical rumblings.