Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When it was revealed in TWS that Sam Jackson was still alive my audience clapped. :manny:

It was a feel good moment.

All movies manipulate your emotions. In that case they brought us down to bring us up again. It worked.

I don't WANT to see any of these characters die but if they wanna raise the stakes then yea eventually I imagine someone is gonna have to get the camby.
Ive seen people clap at the end of transformers 2. People are idiots.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I laid out the themes in my initial post breh: terrorism, counter terrorism and how far one should be willing to go to catch a terrorist, the nature of heroism, the nature of surveillance, ethics, escalation, and the nature of human beings.

You're right about him taking the blame for Harvey not making sense and he could've easily blamed joker but then you'd have cops having to go with that lie to as joker was already in custody at the time of his death and the place. It's one thing if Gordon and Batman are sharing a lie, it's another thing if now you've got a whole police force lying to the public too.

And while you have a point on Gotham not needing him, you'd have to say that for the entire batman mythos that Bruce Wayne could do more good with his money than he could as batman

Your first paragraph basically describes captain America 2. :russ:

And the Joker wasn't a terrorist. This movie was about organized crime and a corrupt police force. And batman sucked at bringing them to justice as they simply moved their meetings to undisclosed locations.

Your problem is you're getting caught up in the symbolism when in actuality, Bruce Wayne used him killing Dent as an excuse to get out. Dent murdered several people and was about to murder Gordon's family yet batman protected him? If it came out he flipped the fukk out would that really have brought down the city. I mean he was dead.

A lot of the symbolic themes are just too far fetched and made batman out to be a hypocrite, which he was.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'll raise you.

I heard someone CRY during Transformers 3.

Needless to say it was that point where I lost faith in humanity.
:dwillhuh:

Hopefully they got a text their father just died or something. Because if they cried because of transformers 3 well then they deserve a text informing them their father is dead.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Your first paragraph basically describes captain America 2. :russ:

And the Joker wasn't a terrorist. This movie was about organized crime and a corrupt police force. And batman sucked at bringing them to justice as they simply moved their meetings to undisclosed locations.

Your problem is you're getting caught up in the symbolism when in actuality, Bruce Wayne used him killing Dent as an excuse to get out. Dent murdered several people and was about to murder Gordon's family yet batman protected him? If it came out he flipped the fukk out would that really have brought down the city. I mean he was dead.

A lot of the symbolic themes are just too far fetched and made batman out to be a hypocrite, which he was.

Breh I even said cap 2 has some of the same themes but it's just more fun than dark knight. Said it earlier. But on initial viewing of cap 2 dark knight did a better job of handling it but it doesn't mean cap 2 is a bad flick.

And joker is clearly a representation for terrorism man. And within context of the film it would've bought the city down. Harvey was supposed to be the good person in a city full of absolute crap. Now of course it can be argued that the city would be ok and people would've said "well his face was fried so maybe he went crazy" but the city the movie presented was one that believed in that man and in what he represented. If they hear that he's killed cops and tried to kill someone's kid, his legacy would be tainted along with the criminals he put behind bars which is what happened in dark knight rises

Daps
Reppin
NYC

The Joker was absolutely a terrorist (albeit a domestic terrorist) and the movie was without a shadow of a doubt an allegory for terrorism in modern day america.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Don't they even REFER to him in the movie as a terrorist?

I don't remember them coming straight out and calling him that but they used anti terrorism tactics to catch him and they did say he's terrorizing the city. But it's pretty obvious: they tortured him, used illegal surveillance to catch him, used illegal tactics period to catch him. Including going outside of the law by using batman to do the job.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
the dark knight you knew was classic when you were watching it

The avengers was cool, but its a permanent fixture on netflix and i've never had the desire to re-watch it

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The dark knight made $297 million off blu ray/dvd sales

Avengers made only $215 million off blu ray/dvd sales

Hows that fetch you @TNC :umad:

I'd think people going out and buying the movie is a better barometer than theatre box office since those people are the true fans who wanted to own the film for repeated watches.