Poll:Which movie was better, The Avengers or The Dark Knight?

Better comic book film?

• Total voters

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Avengers was a 2Hr22 min disney sitcom.

If im going to watch a disney film, i'd rather watch the lion king. At least lion king had a great villain that caught a body.

Unlike marvel films who wont kill anybody.
10580218_760820530625914_2642437034145174822_n.jpg

Kind of like how Gordon "died" in The Dark Knight but didn't really, Like how Ra's "died" in Batman Begins but didn't really like how Bruce/Batman "died" in The Dark Knight Rises but didn't really, like how Superman "died" in Superman Returns but didn't really or even like how Lois Lane "died" in Superman '78' but didn't really :pachaha:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Whoa...so you think those three are better than Dark Knight? Care to elaborate or is that your story and you're sticking to it?

It's the replay value. I can watch iron man guardians and cap2 at any time of day and any occasion. Those 3 movies don't get old to me. I've seen iron man about 10 times.

I only watch the dark knight for ledgers parts. The rest of the movie is meh. At least the dark knight rises had Anne Hathaway to look at.

When one person has to carry a movie to make it stand out, I end up skipping through shyt. TDKR is the same way. Bane was dope up until he dropped Bruce off at that prison, and it was downhill from there.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
It's the replay value. I can watch iron man guardians and cap2 at any time of day and any occasion. Those 3 movies don't get old to me. I've seen iron man about 10 times.

I only watch the dark knight for ledgers parts. The rest of the movie is meh. At least the dark knight rises had Anne Hathaway to look at.

When one person has to carry a movie to make it stand out, I end up skipping through shyt. TDKR is the same way. Bane was dope up until he dropped Bruce off at that prison, and it was downhill from there.

I thought it was hilarious how none of the prisoners were smart enough to realize the reason they couldn't make the jump while tied up was that the rope was too short :mjlol:

Nobody tied to the rope could make the jump, but EVERYONE that made the jump without the rope was able to do it. If that ain't the most basic shyt I ever seen :lolbron::deadmanny::dead:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I actually like Marvel much more than DC when it comes to movies but TDK is the best superhero movie of all time.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Oh ok. Disagree breh but I feel you. I may feel that way with cap 2 but I don't own it yet so I'll withhold judgement but iron man, while I think it's dope, isn't a flick I'd watch over and over cause I don't get anything new from new viewings. With dark knight exploring so many dope themes I get a lot from it. Guardians I may feel that way with but again don't own it yet so can't really speak to it yet. I've watched iron man 3 more than iron man because it just does more for me.

And I disagree on dark knight tho. But agree when it comes to dark knight rises. Bane is the most compelling character in the movie and when he's not around it kinda crawls for me

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Eh I dunno care if anyone dies. :manny:

Superman 78 pulled the most ludicrous, most ridiculous stunt ever with that time travel cop out shyt when he saved Lois and that's still the best superhero movie to me. :yeshrug:

Bodies ain't gotta drop for something to qualify as a great movie.

And since we're on the subject, in TDKR... Batman died... but not really. :: toasts Alfred ::

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I thought it was hilarious how none of the prisoners were smart enough to realize the reason they couldn't make the jump while tied up was that the rope was too short :mjlol:

Nobody tied to the rope could make the jump, but EVERYONE that made the jump without the rope was able to do it. If that ain't the most basic shyt I ever seen :lolbron::deadmanny::dead:

:russ: you obviously werent paying attention. :dead: @ you thinking the rope was too short.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eh I dunno care if anyone dies. :manny:

Superman 78 pulled the most ludicrous, most ridiculous stunt ever with that time travel cop out shyt when he saved Lois and that's still the best superhero movie to me. :yeshrug:

Bodies ain't gotta drop for something to qualify as a great movie.

And since we're on the subject, in TDKR... Batman died... but not really. :: toasts Alfred ::

I don't think you need a body to be good at all I just don't like life and death not having any consequence and being used strictly as a tool for audience manipulation.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Oh ok. Disagree breh but I feel you. I may feel that way with cap 2 but I don't own it yet so I'll withhold judgement but iron man, while I think it's dope, isn't a flick I'd watch over and over cause I don't get anything new from new viewings. With dark knight exploring so many dope themes I get a lot from it. Guardians I may feel that way with but again don't own it yet so can't really speak to it yet. I've watched iron man 3 more than iron man because it just does more for me.

And I disagree on dark knight tho. But agree when it comes to dark knight rises. Bane is the most compelling character in the movie and when he's not around it kinda crawls for me

What dope themes. The joker had no back story. He just showed up causing havoc. The joker was basically Gerald Butler in that movie where he was killing people while he was in prison. Everything else in the dark knight was a carry over from batman begins. Organized Crime and corruption in the police department. The plot was pretty basic. It wasn't even hard to tell who were the corrupt cops. And Harvey Dent was two face for all of 20 minutes before he's killed.

And WHY did batman take the blame for killing Dent???

He could've just blamed the Joker and Gordon would've backed him. Then he leaves for 7 years because magically there's no crime in Gotham.

Gotham didn't need batman to fight the joker or Ras. There police department was corrupted like a bytch, yet batman or even Bruce Wayne never used his resources to stop them.

It would've been better off being a regular comic book movie because when you try to look at it as something deep and serious, you start to go :dahell: with more frequency.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
When it was revealed in TWS that Sam Jackson was still alive my audience clapped. :manny:

It was a feel good moment.

All movies manipulate your emotions. In that case they brought us down to bring us up again. It worked.

I don't WANT to see any of these characters die but if they wanna raise the stakes then yea eventually I imagine someone is gonna have to get the camby.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
What dope themes. The joker had no back story. He just showed up causing havoc. The joker was basically Gerald Butler in that movie where he was killing people while he was in prison. Everything else in the dark knight was a carry over from batman begins. Organized Crime and corruption in the police department. The plot was pretty basic. It wasn't even hard to tell who were the corrupt cops. And Harvey Dent was two face for all of 20 minutes before he's killed.

He could've just blamed the Joker and Gordon would've backed him. Then he leaves for 7 years because magically there's no crime in Gotham.

Gotham didn't need batman to fight the joker or Ras. There police department was corrupted like a bytch, yet batman or even Bruce Wayne never used his resources to stop them.

It would've been better off being a regular comic book movie because when you try to look at it as something deep and serious, you start to go :dahell: with more frequency.

You seem like a smart guy so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Watch the movie again only this time lay off the whiskey.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I laid out the themes in my initial post breh: terrorism, counter terrorism and how far one should be willing to go to catch a terrorist, the nature of heroism, the nature of surveillance, ethics, escalation, and the nature of human beings.

You're right about him taking the blame for Harvey not making sense and he could've easily blamed joker but then you'd have cops having to go with that lie to as joker was already in custody at the time of his death and the place. It's one thing if Gordon and Batman are sharing a lie, it's another thing if now you've got a whole police force lying to the public too.

And while you have a point on Gotham not needing him, you'd have to say that for the entire batman mythos that Bruce Wayne could do more good with his money than he could as batman

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When it was revealed in TWS that Sam Jackson was still alive my audience clapped. :manny:

It was a feel good moment.

All movies manipulate your emotions. In that case they brought us down to bring us up again. It worked.

I don't WANT to see any of these characters die but if they wanna raise the stakes then yea eventually I imagine someone is gonna have to get the camby.

Well I guess it just fell flat for me then cause I knew he wasn't dead