Poland not letting African refugees flee from Ukraine.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
It really doesn't matter. We will continue to hear this claim.

The presidents mentioned were all born free -- and into Free Families -- mostly prominent FPOC families.

And if you look at most of their pictures -- they will even say they were White -- but because of the One-Drop Rule they were listed as Free People of Color. But, they were awarded education, jobs, lives -- and most of all were not enslaved. Some coming from families who enslaved -- and brought along their enslaved to Liberia to "free" them.

President of Liberia - Wikipedia
This is a derail but how does being born free stop you from being an African American ancestor? Certainly they weren't the only ones born free during that time period.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug:
any africans moving to any eastern european country that isn't russia is a damn fool (russia is racist too but atleast the officials over there PRETEND to give a fukk)

still hope Poland gets bombed to oblivion

How do Russian officials give a fukk? Russia aint one of those most racist countries? :patrice:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Has @Rhakim asked this?

It's more silly division stuff. Virtually all of them were descended from enslaved Americans, just like nearly all of the Free Blacks who stayed. Just like the Free Blacks who stayed, some were 1/2 Black or even just 1/4 or 1/8 Black, while others were as Black as the blackest man in America. Many of the ones who left for Liberia came from free states and were only free because their state had outlawed slavery, so no, they weren't "slaveowners". Others were very recently freed slaves, and others had been freed earlier or as children. There may have been a tiny % who owned slaves in the past just like there were a tiny % of free Black Americans who stayed who owned slaves, but using them to discredit the entire group is as stupid as when white conservatives use Black slaveowners to discredit Black reparations. In her OP thread on this she tried to create this crazy division where supposedly ADOS is only those Black folk who were released from slavery after 1865 and the ones released earlier don't count somehow.

Her OP source in the original thread literally stated that the people sent there included freed slaves and free blacks, so I don't know where she gets this "They didn't consider themselves Black" claim. Some were light-skinned 1/4 or 1/8 Black and some were as Black as could be.

2nd President of Liberia, born in Maryland. Am I supposed to believe that Americo-Liberians were a bunch of "basically white" slaveowners yet Stephen Benson still won the presidency out of all of them because.....?
Stephen_Allen_Benson_%28cropped%29.jpg

5th president of Liberia, born in Ohio
Edward_James_Roye2.jpg

6th president of Liberia, born in South Carolina
SkivringSmith.jpg

11th President of Liberia. First one to be born in Africa, parents were from New Jersey
Hilary_R._W._Johnson_-_Crop.png

I could keep going. Am I supposed to seriously believe that these aren't Black men because xoxodede has an obsession with division? Yes there were some prominent Americo-Liberians who were just 1/4 Black or could almost pass for White, just like there were many prominent ADOS in that period (Charles Drew, Mordecai Johnson, Walter Francis White, James Weldon Johnson, Fredi Washington, Homer Plessy, Arnold Bertonneau, John Mercer Langston) who you could say the same thing about.

So, breh was telling me a half-truth and was purposely leaving this information out.

Bullshyt. How is someone not "ADOS" if they were freed before 1865? Does that mean that all of the ancestors who were freed before 1865 but stayed in the USA don't count as ADOS either?

The type of hair-splitting she's doing is EXACTLY the same sort of hair-splitting the anti-reparations white folk do when they want to claim "Black folk have slaveowner ancestors too!" or "How can your really prove all of your ancestors were really slaves, how do you know some of them weren't free?"

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And that's my last post on this shyt because I hate fighting over it so much and breaking up the diaspora into smaller and smaller subgroups is the stupidest shyt we could do. If Africans "don't count", and now Free Blacks "don't count", and now light-skinned who could have passed but still were considered (and considered themselves) Negro like Charles Drew and Mordacai Johnson and James Weldon Johnson and Homer Plessy and Arnold Bertonneau and John Mercer Langston and Walter Francis White "don't count", and Americo-Liberians therefore "don't count", then why even bother fighting the White Supremacists? We can have plenty of fun and joy just infighting the entire time instead.

Heck, Booker T. Washington, Archibald Grimké, and Francis James Grimké were all supposed to have been sons of slaveowners, do they "not count" too? We gonna cancel Beyoncé now too? How far we want to keep hair-splitting this goddamn divisive bullshyt for literally zero reward?

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Thats funny because it also happens to be the country with the most black billionaires. Can’t be that bad
Didn't Rachel Maddow just address this with this with Russia and its oligarchs. If mfers is stealing the treasury, oil reserves, and keeping it among themselves, poor countries can have a lot of billionaires.

I am really not sure but I am convinced anyone repping FBA is unfunctionally retarded and needs to be left behind as Dr. Umar says, for good!

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
African nations should support these people... :manny:
they still need safe passage dummy, you can't fly planes into a bomb zone

they need to leave to get access to any embassy or travel back home. they are being blocked from leaving

this forum continues to exemplify the exact opposite of Black excellence.

goofy ass dumb ass loud ass muthafukaz run amock

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
This is a derail but how does being born free stop you from being an African American ancestor? Certainly they weren't the only ones born free during that time period.

@IllmaticDelta has a great definition for this.

But, if I remember correctly it's because ADOS/AA is an ethnic group -- and an ethnic group shares customs, culture, experiences, formed that made people info a group/ethnicity.

I don't mean to say being born Free does not makes an ancestor to a Black American/ADOS -- cause some of us do have an ancestors who bought or took their freedom -- but for those who went to Liberia -- MANY/MOST were of mixed race -- and many were of an elite class -- and it was a small number in general.

And as I stated, some also were enslavers who enslaved Black people who they did not see themselves as. @IllmaticDelta has the info on those who did go to Liberia during the Back to Africa movement, etc -- so there are some ADOS who have a connection there.

My point is during the time of Liberia -- most of our ancestors were enslaved -- so it's crazy to put that on us --when those who went - went during our ancestors enslavement -- and enslaved some of our ancestors --- and of another class.

Free-Born Free Negro/Free Black and some FPOC while living in Colonial and Antebellum U.S. still share most of the same experiences -- due to enslavement in their family and gaining freedom. They also dealt with many of the same things the enslaved did even though they were free -- since they still were in the states. Many still had family that were enslaved and they were trying to buy their freedom. Many also fought in the CW for the USCT.

Being a Free Negro/Free Black and being a Free Person of Color are two different classifications to many. Free Person of Color can be Negro or Mulatto -- but in places like New Orleans they also had their own racial classification -- and also enjoyed many benefits Whites did during a certain period.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
And that's my last post on this shyt because I hate fighting over it so much and breaking up the diaspora into smaller and smaller subgroups is the stupidest shyt we could do. If Africans "don't count", and now Free Blacks "don't count", and now light-skinned who could have passed but still were considered (and considered themselves) Negro like Charles Drew and Mordacai Johnson and James Weldon Johnson and Homer Plessy and Arnold Bertonneau and John Mercer Langston and Walter Francis White "don't count", and Americo-Liberians therefore "don't count", then why even bother fighting the White Supremacists? We can have plenty of fun and joy just infighting the entire time instead.

Heck, Booker T. Washington, Archibald Grimké, and Francis James Grimké were all supposed to have been sons of slaveowners, do they "not count" too? We gonna cancel Beyoncé now too? How far we want to keep hair-splitting this goddamn divisive bullshyt for literally zero reward?

The "diaspora" stuff is malarkey.

We all don't have to be one unit.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'll never understand Pan African shyt when people refuse to fight and build their countries then make excuses to run to majority white countries. Why the hell would I want to go to any west African slave trading country while they are fleeing :gucci:

My lazy, victimhood mentality tells me they aren't doing so well if the flee to majority white countries.

You know your roots and you still "displaced" looking for white help? fukk does knowing your root mean?? :mjtf::mjlol:
you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend the fight doesn't require anyone to sit on their ass and wait for change

poor dull minds :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The "diaspora" stuff is malarkey.

We all don't have to be one unit.

We don't even have to all be "one unit" right here in America. No group is a monolith. Different people have different objectives even if they have the same ancestry and same color skin.

But I'm going to accept EVERY ally I can who has the same aims as I do, regardless of their ancestry. In terms of fighting White Supremacy, picking fights and creating division with Black folk solely because of divisive categories is some bullshyt. The colonizers were the masters of "divide and conquer" in the first place, why keep playing their own game? No matter how much there's been some stumbles (like Liberia) and the bullshytters try to rewrite history, the truth is that there is a LOT of benefit that has come across the diaspora in both directions and a lot of the ancestors were smarter about this than the social media clowns of today.

Goddamnit I said that would be my last post please don't pull me back in. I gotta log off, this is exactly the sort of shyt that made me leave in the first place.