Poland not letting African refugees flee from Ukraine.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's no safe passage for Africans to other African countries?

Sorry I don't know the details.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You stay taking pot shots at ADOS/ Black American :pacspit:

Taking a shot at a mod isn't taking a shot at Black Americans. :mjlol:

Do you even know that the guy I posted has an African mother and an Americo-Liberian father? He's as African as he is "ADOS". :jbhmm:

I'd love for you to find ANY examples of me ever doing that, cause I can give you 1000 examples of me doing the opposite. The only shyt that bothers me is people who try to instigate diaspora wars and division, and I've said repeatedly that Africans that shyt on Black Americans are being just as fukking stupid as Black Americans who shyt on Africans.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
:usure: [Americo-Liberians have entered the chat]

When those who went to Liberia went -- the majority of our ancestors were enslaved (99.8%). Less than 15K total during and after our ancestors enslavement went to Liberia.

And most who went -- went between 1830-1840's - when our ancestors were enslaved. Many of those who did go - were children and grandchildren of White enslavers -- and classified themselves as "Free People of Color" -- not Black. Many of those FPOC were also enslavers -- and enslaved Black people in Colonial and Antebellum era. It was also about 5K of Afro-Caribbean who went with them to Liberia.

In 1822, the American Colonization Society began sending free people of color to the Pepper Coast voluntarily to establish a colony. Mortality from tropical diseases was high — of the 4,571 emigrants who arrived in Liberia between 1820 and 1843, only 1,819 survived.[19][20] By 1867, the ACS (and state-related chapters) had assisted in the migration of more than 13,000 people of color from the United States and the Caribbean to Liberia.

Also, most did not see themselves as Black. So, I don't know they always get lumped in with us. Yes, there is a connection, but the majority of Black Americans today descend from the 4 Million who were enslaved at the time of the 1860 census. We also descend from the additional 490K who were Free Negro, FPOC who were still in the the U.S. during and after the Civil War. Yes, there are a small percentage of Black Americans who had ancestors who went to Liberia - like I think John Legend -- but the amount is not big.

@IllmaticDelta Do you have the info on that again?

census-of-1860.jpg

chart+1.jpg

population.jpg

Last edited:

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
When those who went to Liberia went -- the majority of our ancestors were enslaved (99.8%). Less than 15K total during and after our ancestors enslavement went to Liberia.

And most who went -- went between 1830-1840's - when our ancestors were enslaved. Many of those who did go - were children and grandchildren of White enslavers -- and classified themselves as "Free People of Color" -- not Black. FPOC who also were enslavers -- and enslaved Black people in Colonial and Antebellum era. It was also about 5K of Afro-Caribbean who went with them to Liberia.

In 1822, the American Colonization Society began sending free people of color to the Pepper Coast voluntarily to establish a colony. Mortality from tropical diseases was high — of the 4,571 emigrants who arrived in Liberia between 1820 and 1843, only 1,819 survived.[19][20] By 1867, the ACS (and state-related chapters) had assisted in the migration of more than 13,000 people of color from the United States and the Caribbean to Liberia.

Also, most did not see themselves as Black. So, I don't know they always get lumped in with us.
Wow. You're a gold medalist in this gymnastic shyt. Are you even convinced of that crap you posted?:dwillhuh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Didn't most of the American people die when they went over to Liberia?

Enough of them survived that the first 14 presidencies of Liberia were all American-born and Americo-Liberians controlled the politics and elite of the country from 1848 to 1980 and then sporadically afterwards.

Wikipedia entry as usual is a decent starting point:

Americo-Liberian people - Wikipedia

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Wow. You're a gold medalist in this gymnastic shyt. Are you even convinced of that crap you posted?:dwillhuh:

I guess I am. Please explain why you disagree?

If most Black Americans ancestors were enslaved, and those who went to Liberia were of another class of Black folks who labeled themselves as FPOC and were enslavers and enslaved our ancestors as well and did not see themselves the same as our ancestors -- we are the same?

We did a thread of this a while back.

American-Liberians=/=African-American

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If most Black Americans ancestors were enslaved, and those who went to Liberia were of another class of Black folks who labeled themselves as FPOC and were enslavers and enslaved our ancestors as well and did not see themselves the same as our ancestors -- we are the same?

Has @Rhakim answered this?

Last edited:

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV

You got it.:hubie:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Has @Rhakim asked this?

It really doesn't matter. We will continue to hear this claim.

The presidents mentioned were all born free -- and into Free Families -- mostly prominent FPOC families.

And if you look at most of their pictures -- they will even say they were White -- but because of the One-Drop Rule they were listed as Free People of Color. But, they were awarded education, jobs, lives -- and most of all were not enslaved. Some coming from families who enslaved -- and brought along their enslaved to Liberia to "free" them.

President of Liberia - Wikipedia

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
You got it.:hubie:

No seriously. No disrespect. I am always trying to learn different viewpoints, respectfully.

That's why I wanna understand, why you and many others view it that way.

I personally don't -- because out of all the family trees I have worked on and research I have done I have yet to come across anyone whose ancestors went to Liberia. All of my ancestors and most Black Americans ancestors were enslaved.

I know 13K FPOC did, but it was mostly during the 1830-40's, a time when our ancestors were enslaved.

Yes, some did go after Emancipation via the American Colonization Society and Back to Africa Movement -- but most Black Americans (it's sources for this -- I can share) said NO - cause America is their home -- and they are not leaving their family to go to a random country in Africa.

Again @IllmaticDelta is great with Liberia and Black American history and how it connects.

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really doesn't matter. We will continue to hear this claim.

The presidents mentioned were all born free -- and into Free Families -- mostly prominent FPOC families.

And if you look at most of their pictures -- they will even say they were White -- but because of the One-Drop Rule they were listed as Free People of Color. But, they were awarded education, jobs, lives -- and most of all were not enslaved. Some coming from families who enslaved -- and brought along their enslaved to Liberia to "free" them.

President of Liberia - Wikipedia

So, breh was telling me a half-truth and was purposely leaving this information out.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
So, breh was telling me a half-truth and was purposely leaving this information out.
I don't know. I am not an expert on Liberia. I just know that Free People of Color -- mostly Mulatto class went to Liberia with a number of Afro-Caribbeans as well - paid for by White folks - the American Colonization Society -- and we continue to hear online how our ancestors messed up a country.

My ancestors and most of our ancestors were enslaved so I just wanna know how that is true.

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know. I am not an expert on Liberia. I just know that Free People of Color -- mostly Mulatto class went to Liberia with Afro-Caribbean - paid for by White folks - the American Colonization Society -- and we continue to hear online how our ancestors messed up a country.

My ancestors and most of our ancestors were enslaved so I just wanna know how that is true.

Naw, this is good information breh.