Pokemon Sword and Shield

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw I'm good I like to be able to speed read and skip at will.

I’m with you breh. Pokemon is still a turn based RPG. I don’t feel any need for voice work or overtly elaborated animations. The game can be improved outside of those factors.

I’d rather larger cities booming with NPC’s and quests, puzzles that you can solve with your Pokemon, more Pokemon, more challenging enemies within and outside the Gyms, better online infrastructure.

but brehs in here want voice work, animations and graphical upgrade. Those things aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive with what I want for the game, but given the choice, I know where my priorities lie.

:yeshrug:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I’m with you breh. Pokemon is still a turn based RPG. I don’t feel any need for voice work or overtly elaborated animations. The game can be improved outside of those factors.

I’d rather larger cities booming with NPC’s and quests, puzzles that you can solve with your Pokemon, more Pokemon, more challenging enemies within and outside the Gyms, better online infrastructure.

but brehs in here want voice work, animations and graphical upgrade. Those things aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive with what I want for the game, but given the choice, I know where my priorities lie.

breh nobody is asking for Final Fantasy XV. We just want it to come into the Willennium. That Pokédex drama shyt I could care less about, but a living city, with real puzzles are something that should be standard for Pokemon by now.

For example that scene with Leon and the rogue dynamax or the intro battle with Raihan. Those should be a cutscenes, show me how strong Leon is, so that the final battle with him is that much more satisfying.

im still enjoying this game but it’s faults shouldn’t be overlooked.

Last edited:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I criticized the game. I’m not overlooking its faults, I just don’t care about voice work or cutscenes. Those things have a minuscule effect on my enjoyment of a turn based RPG

As I said, they are not mutually exclusive with what I care about, I just have other priorities for the improvement of this series.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I criticized the game. I’m not overlooking its faults, I just don’t care about voice work or cutscenes. Those things have a minuscule effect on my enjoyment of a turn based RPG

As I said, they are not mutually exclusive with what I care about, I just have other priorities for the improvement of this series.
Why bother having cinematic cut scenes where people mime around lips moving and no VA saying the lines?

When it was on the GB and GBA I can see that but there's a certain level of presentation they should have now. The characters should actually come into contact with each other like when a Pokemon does tackle it should hit the other Pokemon. During cut scenes the characters should actually be talking.

The more I play this game the more I see it's just a fresh coat of paint on the same game I played 20 years ago. How have they been putting these games out almost annually and they still feel this dated? This should at this point be an MMORPG by now. Instead it's Switch level graphics over what's effectively still a Gameboy game at heart.

I've played all of Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, I played a little of Diamond/Pearl and the first gym of X/Y. It's baffling how little this series has advanced since the late 90s early 2000s to now.

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Why bother having cinematic cut scenes where people mime around lips moving and no VA saying the lines?

When it was on the GB and GBA I can see that but there's a certain level of presentation they should have now. The characters should actually come into contact with each other like when a Pokemon does tackle it should hit the other Pokemon. During cut scenes the characters should actually be talking.

The more I play this game the more I see it's just a fresh coat of paint on the same game I played 20 years ago. How have they been putting these games out almost annually and they still feel this dated? This should at this point be an MMORPG by now. Instead it's Switch level graphics over what's effectively still a Gameboy game at heart.

I've played all of Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, I played a little of Diamond/Pearl and the first gym of X/Y. It's baffling how little this series has advanced since the late 90s early 2000s to now.
To be honest Pokemon can get away with it because at it's core it's an addicting game for many. The concept never truly gets old for me, I wasn't too big on the Island Challenge in S/M and US/UM or the plot driven Colloseum/XD even if they were a nice change of pace. The most drastic changes involve competitive battling though, Red/Blue was beyond broken due to the fake balance at play with Psychic types being weak to just weak bug types which prompted Steel/Dark to nerf it and create more balance, then special split to further balance it, then Fairy was added in gen 6 to nerf Dragon and make competitive battles even more balanced. Competitive battling has improved tremendously since gen 1

But yeah, lack of VA is jarring in this game especially when the characters look like they're talking yet their dialogue is in text

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just got the second badge now I can catch up to level 30. Glad because I’m not feeling my current team at all.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
I'm say it Nessa the water gym leader that's a bad bytch ju hurd :wow:

I'll take that back Bea the fighting type gym leader she got me pawging ingame ju hurd :wow:

Game is fun but these new rivals is super ass and team yell ain't it :francis::picard:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
In the post game now, I’m having great success in giants cap and lake of outrage. This is the fastest i think I’ve ever been able to fill a pokedex