Pokemon Legends Arceus

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
SMT actually came first
Word, I remember Revelations The Demon Slayer for Gameboy back in the day, which was actually an SMT-lite being marketed under a different name in the West. Couldnt get into it back when I was a kid and preferred Pokemon lol

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
The sad part about this new 3D era of Pokemon is the games they made near over a decade so ago (Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, etc.) easily top the ones they're making now. At least far as story, difficulty and content goes

I still plan on getting it, but I honestly don't expect Legends to live up to the previous Pokemon 3D titles mentioned considering it's been what, 15 so years? Legends should literally be the Pokemon version of Breath of the Wilds, but this is Gamefreak we're talking about

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The sad part about this new 3D era of Pokemon is the games they made near over a decade so ago (Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, etc.) easily top the ones they're making now. At least far as story, difficulty and content goes

I still plan on getting it, but I honestly don't expect Legends to live up to the previous Pokemon 3D titles mentioned considering it's been what, 15 so years? Legends should literally be the Pokemon version of Breath of the Wilds, but this is Gamefreak we're talking about
Those games were made by another studio that’s why they’re good
I don’t even think that’s the solution anymore because brilliant diamond and shining pearl were outsourced but had the same problems

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pokemons issue is it's success.

There are 3 crowds that love the game, new players who are use to more direct, streamline and easier games. Adults that have played since red and blue that have played a more "difficult" and less kiddy game and competitive players that just want to bust the game wide open with the most broken things they can find.

It's impossible to cater to all of them, so they play it safe and just cater to kids and some competitive play.

What they need to do is make a Pokemon series that's a bit more "adult". However! That would taint the brand some what.

Even with a Pokemon XXL version and traditional Pokemon games the more adult version would start to taint the whole series.

Granted Pokemon is pretty dark if you just read about the Pokemon themselves, most of there lives are violent, sad and depressing.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Pokemons issue is it's success.

There are 3 crowds that love the game, new players who are use to more direct, streamline and easier games. Adults that have played since red and blue that have played a more "difficult" and less kiddy game and competitive players that just want to bust the game wide open with the most broken things they can find.

It's impossible to cater to all of them, so they plan it safe and just cater to kids and some competitive play.

What they need to do is make a Pokemon series that's a bit more "adult". However! That would taint the brand some what.

Even with a Pokemon XXL version and traditional Pokemon games the more adult version would start to taint the whole series.

Granted Pokemon is pretty dark if you just read about the Pokemon themselves, most of there lives are violent, sad and depressing.
Yeah I actually don’t want an adult Pokemon
I just want the full Pokédex
I’m not expecting it with arceus but gen 9 has no excuse

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just want a pokemon game that lets me climb, bike, explore all over the world and find secrets on my own. I want an actual adventure game where i can just run into other trainers and challenge them and get money. With a interesting story attached to it

I hope this game is successful and eventually leads to that. I can’t imagine another mainline game going back to the sword and shield format after this

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Do y’all play the endgame Battle Frontier content in Pokémon mainline games? If Game Freak really turned up the games AI the average player is getting clapped up repeatedly
I play ranked doubles. Breeding perfect IVs, EV training, memorizing all the good/bad matchups for your pokemon, countering setup pokemon (tailwind, trick room, etc.). Combine all that with the rock/paper/scissors style combat system and Pokemon can be a lot more complex than your average turn based rpg.

I think where the series fails is in its presentation values. The modern Pokemon games’ character models, animations and environments are barely on par with games that are 15+ years old. And then on top of all that you have a smaller pokedex because of laziness. Shyt is embarrassing

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I do like the graphics but I have a lot of questions about it, so I'll wait a few weeks after its release to buy. I don't really wanna waste $60.