Pokemon Legends Arceus

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
13-D00689-4-B31-425-C-BBA3-82-DE4-E0-ABE76.jpg

3-DF3-E851-F555-49-F9-A82-D-F8120-F1-C9-FE8.jpg

Pokémon Legends: Arceus is proof that the developers are willing to step outside their comfort zone. Does the game get everything right in its first outing? No, but that's okay — Pokémon Legends: Arceus is the first step in a new direction and it's one I hope the developers continue to explore going into the next generation of Pokémon. Having seen where the series began and where the series is now, I can see the developers are ready to evolve alongside their series and you'll be able to see that when you get your hands on Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Console Creatures (Recommended)

There's an overpowering sense of novelty to Pokémon Legends: Arceus. This is something new, and it's also Pokémon, a decades-old series, in its purest essence. Battle, trade, collect. Even then there's a fraction of the trainer battles, nothing online, an option but no more necessity to trade. Is it overzealous budget cuts or pure, minimalist design? Is it empty, or is it filled with newfound nimbleness, of the kind that inspires all that wonder and awe precisely because so much of it has been chipped away?

Either way, this is a game crafted by subtractive sculpture. And how weirdly refreshing that is, compared to our artform's current, insatiable appetite for only adding more and more. Pokémon Legends: Arceus is either this series' bare minimum, or its purest form. I think it's both at once.
Eurogamer (Recommended)

Pokémon Legends: Arceus charts an exciting new direction for the series, while still maintaining many of the core tenants that made Game Freak's franchise so beloved in the first place.
Game Informer (8.75/10)

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a refreshing take on the Pokemon formula, stripping back the game to focus on the titular creatures with such great success. It's just let down by the graphics.
Gamesradar (4.5/5)

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a significant reimagining of what makes a Pokemon game, with an exciting level of flexibility that's only slightly hampered by a slow early-game grind.
Gamespot (8/10)

Pokémon Legends: Arceus may only dabble in mechanics and formulas nearly every other role-playing game has mastered, but Game Freak succeeds here far more than it stumbles. Combined with a unique ingredient — the most successful franchise of all time, beloved by hundreds of millions — the developer proves Pokémon works as a modern RPG and that future installments could potentially outmatch other games in the genre.

Is Pokémon Legends: Arceus the perfect package we've been dreaming of? No. But it comes much closer to it than I was expecting, and boldly declares that we might not be too far off from that 10/10 experience.
Inverse (8/10)

There's still a lot of room for improvement but this is easily the best Pokémon game for several years and a positive new direction that the mainline games would be wise to follow.
Metro Gamecentral (8/10)

Pokémon Legends: Arceus feels like the result of Game Freak learning lessons for 25 years, refining the formula, and finally taking the franchise in a new, incredible, exciting direction. With its emphasis on extremely rewarding exploration, addictive catching mechanics, a fine roster of Pokémon and a genuine sense of scale that's unlike anything in the series, Pokémon Legends: Arceus is quite simply one of the greatest Pokémon games ever made.
Nintendo Life (9/10)

That's what Pokémon Legends Arceus is to me in summation: an astoundingly smart improvement on the tried-and-true Pokémon formula. It's not without its blemishes, largely in the dreadful visuals, but the foundation laid here is what I hope the Pokémon franchise pivots to more in the future. It twists the focus just enough to make the experience of filling out a Pokédex more engaging, all the while filling battling and catching with way more variety. Legends Arceus doesn't quite catch them all, but it's satisfying the whole way through and makes me thrilled for the future of Pokémon in a way I haven't been in years.
Nintendo World Report (9/10)

That's just the Pokémon Legends: Arceus experience. It's filled with excellent ideas aimed at changing a series that has largely grown stale. But some of the execution breeds frustration. Exploring the open world is freeing, but also awkward, until I unlock more travel options later in the game. Legends: Arceus is graphically dreadful, with flat textures and pop-in rampant in every area, but the Pokémon animate wonderfully. Still, I'll gladly take an imperfect Pokémon game that takes a chance on something different, even if it's not always successful.
Polygon (Recomended)

Pokémon has been in dire need of a reinvention for some time now, and while Sword and Shield brought some new ideas to the table, Legends: Arceus serves as a solid jumping off point for future entries in the franchise. While it might not provide the visual fidelity and exploration we might wish for in an open-world-esque Pokémon game, it does provide a satisfying and addicting gameplay loop, alongside a surprisingly enjoyable narrative to boot.
Press Start (8/10)

While many elements of Pokémon Legends: Arceus stray away from the gameplay and mechanics familiar to long-time fans of the Pokémon games, the changes made both embrace the capabilities of modern consoles like the Nintendo Switch, and breathe new life into aging series staples. Fans of RPG titles will likely enjoy the depth of exploration offered in the Hisui region, while those who enjoy the Pokémon games will have the opportunity to have a brand new journey alongside their Pokémon companions. Pokémon Legends: Arceus is the perfect entry point for those who have never played a Pokémon game, while also being a great way for long-time fans to embrace new challenges. The game does an excellent job of pushing boundaries while staying true to what has kept Pokémon popular for over two decades and is an eye-opening glimpse at what Game Freak could do in future games of the series.
Screenrant (4.5/5)

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a departure from the prototypical Pokemon formula, abandoning or reinventing old features in order to offer something new and unique. While it leaves a bit to be desired from a technical standpoint, there's just so much to enjoy. A clever overhaul to the battle system, improvements to exploration, and a story that dives deep into franchise lore makes Pokemon Legends: Arceus an experience that will appeal to longtime fans, as well as those who may have grown tired of the series' reliance on the status quo.
Shacknews (8/10)

Pokémon Legends Arceus is a must-play game for fans of the franchise. Not only is it the very best Pokémon game yet, but it elegantly takes the formula and flips it on its head, creating a unique new challenge that fans will love. With the nods to the anime and Pokémon games abound, Arceus feels very much like a love letter from Game Freak.
The Sixth Axis (9/10)

Pokémon Legends is the breath of fresh air the series has needed for so long. It may not have been apparent from the trailers, but this is one of the most entertaining, engaging and engrossing games in the entire history of the Pokémon series, and is highly recommended to both long-time fans and complete newcomers.
VGC (5/5)

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm considering calling in sick for work. They must've been tired of the memes and video essays on the garbage fire they've been releasing

I work from home. I will be playing this while in the Zoom call I have zero reason for being in.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I’m heated they removed Earthquake. I’m guessing a lot of wide attacks have been removed also; to avoid you from getting hit? Lol

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Nintendo who are notorious for cracking down on any content or leaks suddenly miraculously turn the other cheek when a game that hasn't been that hyped is leaked and is getting good reviews.

:mjlol:they ain't slick