#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
In the words of Sony, with the x86 CPU, a well-known GPU, and lots of RAM, the PS4 is a console “made by game creators, for game creators.”

Meanwhile at microsoft.

No used games

Has to always be online to be used

Camera watching your living room

Mic listening to your living room

Closed their gaming studios

Garbage ram.

Doesnt sound like something that was built by game creators for game creators.

Sony has closed more studios then Ms , and guess what MS has more studios :leon:. At that a 300 MILLION dollar earmark for 1st party exclusives :blessed:

I love how you ignore the pseye :facepalm:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the words of Sony, with the x86 CPU, a well-known GPU, and lots of RAM, the PS4 is a console “made by game creators, for game creators.”

Meanwhile at microsoft.

No used games

Has to always be online to be used

Camera watching your living room

Mic listening to your living room

Closed their gaming studios

Garbage ram.

Doesnt sound like something that was built by game creators for game creators.

This doesn't make any sense. How can an x86 based architecture page more than 4 gigs of ram?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sony has closed more studios then Ms , and guess what MS has more studios :leon:. At that a 300 MILLION dollar earmark for 1st party exclusives :blessed:

I love how you ignore the pseye :facepalm:

PSeye doesnt have to be on for the console to work.

Yea, all those exclusives on 720. I know you cant wait to play Kinectables 2.

Star wars kinect

Forza kinect

Kinect 4

Kinect Tekken. Hiya.

Kinect that piece of shyt to the garbage nikka. :shaq2:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leave that to the people who know more than you fukk boy.

:myman: Got a little Courtdog in ya for this PS4 doncha kiddo?

:dead: at you losing your shyt over tech specs. You're way too easy these days.

Since YOU don't know how this works, x86 architecture is 32-bit architecture. Because of the 32-bit word size, access to areas above 4 gigabytes isn't done without some tricky computing. It's possible, but inefficient, especially in 2013.

#ThingsYouCouldHaveLearnedIfYouWerentSpendingYourLifePretendingToBe8DifferentDudesOnAWebsite

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
you dont know that yet nikka. :aicmon:

I know Sony, and they wouldnt do that. Its an accessory item not a required component for the system to work. I think Americans because of the Patriot act have shown they're willing to give up some freedoms for some form of comfort. 720 proves this fact. Big Brother, in your home watching you just so you can play video games and you still throw your money at the system. Sad how far this country has fallen.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Since YOU don't know how this works, x86 architecture is 32-bit architecture. Because of the 32-bit word size, access to areas above 4 gigabytes isn't done without some tricky computing. It's possible, but inefficient, especially in 2013.

#ThingsYouCouldHaveLearnedIfYouWerentSpendingYourLifePretendingToBe8DifferentDudesOnAWebsite

Its so different devs are going beast mode with excitement over developing for the ps4. A system that will more then likely be the lead platform this gen. Again, fukk boy, you have a clue on fancy words and phrases and all that dumb shyt but you dont make games so you just have to sit your bytch ass back in your crusty seat and wait for the greatness that is PS4.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its so different devs are going beast mode with excitement over developing for the ps4. A system that will more then likely be the lead platform this gen. Again, fukk boy, you have a clue on fancy words and phrases and all that dumb shyt but you dont make games so you just have to sit your bytch ass back in your crusty seat and wait for the greatness that is PS4.

Breh, I've got a degree in this shyt. You're just the stan. :dead: at thinking x86 is "going beast mode". That's 1970's technology kiddo.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Breh, I've got a degree in this shyt. You're just the stan. :dead: at thinking x86 is "going beast mode". That's 1970's technology kiddo.
You have a degree in this shyt yet you don't know what physical address extension is? Or the fact that what you're talking about mainly applies to Windows PC's...Where you get that degree from? Everest college?

The PS4 will be utilizing a custom OS (all demo's at the conference were running on a modified google OS) with AMD64 and 8GB unified GDDR5...Devs will make full use of that RAM...

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps

:snoop:

Bruh... x86 architecture comes in 16, 32 AND 64 bit forms.

The AMD CPU Sony is using x86-64. Like you know, damn near every major computer manufacturer after 2005.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I know Sony, and they wouldnt do that. Its an accessory item not a required component for the system to work. I think Americans because of the Patriot act have shown they're willing to give up some freedoms for some form of comfort. 720 proves this fact. Big Brother, in your home watching you just so you can play video games and you still throw your money at the system. Sad how far this country has fallen.

iXvC4l56S3MO0.gif

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have a degree in this shyt yet you don't know what physical address extension is?

Because of the 32-bit word size, access to areas above 4 gigabytes isn't done without some tricky computing.

Never said it was impossible, just doesn't make sense to me when designing a new system. You could either waste CPU cycles on address extension, or just go with 64-bit architecture. That's what I would have done anyway.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

Bruh... x86 architecture comes in 16, 32 AND 64 bit forms.

The AMD CPU Sony is using x86-64. Like you know, damn near every major computer manufacturer after 2005.

:leon: I didn't know that. I thought they were limited to 16 and 32 bit, with access to higher-memory areas only through extension. The more I know.