#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I dont think its a better solution. The potential for the ps4 is limitless. The potential for the 720, has limits. The limits the ps4 is stretched to will have to be toned down, for the 720. Really a bad look for 720 gamers, i feel. :ld:

both of these systems have limits :what: and will be outdated as fukk next year infact. How you feel bad for something you dont even understand, you remind me of nikkas arguing over bits in the 90s.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
both of these systems have limits :what: and will be outdated as fukk next year infact.

the 720 has more limits. Lets all buy the best system so we dont have to experience the limitations of the 720.

Well, lets just hope that the 720 has some classic exlclusives but givin the track record of the 360 we may be lookin forward to a MCconsole.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Tell that to ND and GG :heh:
who ? am I missing something ?

Increased CUs and GPU would have been a better solution for rendering IMO
yeah its the ideal solution, so I agree with you there

but lets admit that its much cheaper to get more ram then it is a better GPU.

and from market perspective it sounds cooler because it has tons of RAM and people think the more the much better it is.

so while it is obvious overkill, it allowed them to make a market point relatively cheaply :manny:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
the 720 has more limits. Lets all buy the best system so we dont have to experience the limitations of the 720.

Well, lets just hope that the 720 has some classic exlclusives but givin the track record of the 360 we may be lookin forward to a MCconsole.

yea ok, let's all buy a system for Knack and killzone 1080 sounds cool :childplease:. I'd rather invest in a new PC then that shyt right now.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but what difference does higher specs make when xbox is bringing IllumiRoom and Augmented Reality Glasses which will basically put you inside the game?

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because GPU memory is only as good as the GPU running it.

do you know what RAM is anyway ? let me explain it in kiddie terms.

its place where data is stored for fast read and write by the cpu

the cpu is doing the operations. so if the cpu is not fast enough to perform complex operations if it has 2 GB RAM, adding 20 GB RAM isnt going to make it any better. in fact, you'll just waste your RAM.

I know what ram is good sir, what you are implying is that Sony is making a machine that wont take advantage of the tech thats inside it..

Why are u trying to discredit a noble thing that Sony is doing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i4vzjdyzRJiW5.gif

iGPYV4oJ7wdoi.gif

kz22molx.gif

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

there's a huge difference

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I know what ram is good sir, what you are implying is that Sony is making a machine that wont take advantage of the tech thats inside it..

Why are u trying to discredit a noble thing that Sony is doing.

my point was that a better GPU would be better for users in the long-term and even tho all the ram is impressive, it is an overkill for a nonupgradeble system.

Im happy for yall console gamers tho :ehh: better systems means more good big title multiplatformers for us pc gamers as well

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my point was that a better GPU would be better for users in the long-term and even tho all the ram is impressive, it is an overkill for a nonupgradeble system.

Im happy for yall console gamers tho :ehh: better systems means more good big title multiplatformers for us pc gamers as well

Better gpu??

How much would the equivelant cost in the pc world right now, I say alot, your acting like Sony is putting some sh1tball card in there.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
those are in engine cut scenes. the console renders them on the fly.

Duh, the issue is the gameplay GAMEPLAY is what the average consumer care about not the obvious 1080p graphically increase.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Better gpu??

How much would the equivelant cost in the pc world right now, I say alot, your acting like Sony is putting some sh1tball card in there.
:snoop:
again, my point was a better gpu with less ram > worse gpu with tons of ram, which is just facts

and as far as equivalent card, since we do not know the specifics, its tough to say

but...let me quote "Beyond that, all we know is that the GPU has 18 compute units and is capable of 1.84 teraflops — i.e. somewhere between the Radeon 7850 and 7870. "

PS4 hardware specs analyzed: A big upgrade, but ultimately underwhelming | ExtremeTech

your stanley mentality is making you see things. Im not saying its a bad card...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Duh, the issue is the gameplay GAMEPLAY is what the average consumer care about not the obvious 1080p graphically increase.

no....the average consumer cares about pretty graphics....hardcore gamers care about gameplay

what you don't understand is that better graphics lead to better gameplay because better graphics lead to better animations which leads to more immersiveness which IMO makes the gameplay more bearable even if it hasn't improved