#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do you want a 720 at this point. The specs are out. Its weak. They better drop incredible exclusives. Incredible is the only thing that can save them.

The specs haven't been confirmed and even if they were, people have yet to explain what the different types of ram will mean when it comes to actual game performance. So the smart consumer is still waiting until more information has been released and explained.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Uncompressed Killzone trailer

You can download the 1.1 GB trailer here -> PlayStation ® Press Center : Sign In

Username: SCEA

Password: SC3APR

Events -> Playstation Meeting 2013 -> Software -> Killzone

Click the arrow icon and it should download. But it's only the trailer, not the gameplay vid (there is also a ~900MB trailer for Infamous). VLC had some problems with those files for me, Quicktime player did work.

This gameplay video has imo acceptable quality at 1080p.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
9t8Fr2Q.png

they didnt fix the most important concept the sticks

I just thought of something. Maybe MS will be using some kind of exotic chip like the cell in their new console :yeshrug:

not exotic chips that we know of but the durango does contain tons of assist that the PS4 doesn't have. The audioblocks durango has would take up 2 cus themselves if used on ps4. both designs are fairly difference even the bandwidth concept.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The specs haven't been confirmed and even if they were, people have yet to explain what the different types of ram will mean when it comes to actual game performance. So the smart consumer is still waiting until more information has been released and explained.

The gamers out of the smart consumers who want a true next gen experience are going 2 buy a ps4. I hope, thats you. :ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The gamers out of the smart consumers who want a true next gen experience are going 2 buy a ps4. I hope, thats you. :ufdup:

The "true next gen expierince" hasn't been defined yet. None of us knows what that is or will be. So I hope you're waiting to see what each company really has to offer beyond fanboy talking points.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The "true next gen expierince" hasn't been defined yet. None of us knows what that is or will be. So I hope you're waiting to see what each company really has to offer beyond fanboy talking points.

I dont think i need to wait. When microsofts machine is revealed as inferior the choice will be made right then and there. Next Gen will be with playstation 4 and the best looking titles will be on playstation 4. Im sure xbox will have some cool exclusives at some point, hopefully. If playstion is the lead third party plat that means xbox is getting the bad versions and who knows what that will translate to image wise. Its over for them. Hopefully they can convince millions of Americans to buy their system because that may be their only hope once PS4 becomes the system for the rest of the planet and a sizeable majority of Americans.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Durango and PS4 have two different design concepts if you want to learn more about the eSram set up and L2 caches hit up the link below. Not to mention Esram is lower latency Mowgli doesn't even know what he's talking about/

VGLeaks Durango (Jan 21) - Page 54 - Beyond3D Forum

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Durango and PS4 have two different design concepts if you want to learn more about the eSram set up and L2 caches hit up the link below. Not to mention Esram is lower latency Mowgli doesn't even know what he's talking about/

VGLeaks Durango (Jan 21) - Page 54 - Beyond3D Forum

You're so grasping at straws now, friend. What performance issues will the ps4 suffer from 8 gigs of ddr5. Just stop right this instant. You're on board the ps4 train you just getting on reluctantly. 720 spec wise, is nothing to look forward 2. If they dont show crazy exclusives and have an insanely tasty price, its over because those ps4 preorders are going to be selling lke hotcakes, to prove 720 lost already. Already? Already.., friend. :usure:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
You're so grasping at straws now, friend. What performance issues will the ps4 suffer from 8 gigs of ddr5. Just stop right this instant. You're on board the ps4 train you just getting on reluctantly. 720 spec wise, is nothing to look forward 2. If they dont show crazy exclusives and have an insanely tasty price, its over because those ps4 preorders are going to be selling lke hotcakes, to prove 720 lost already. Already? Already.., friend. :usure:

You dont even know what GDDR5 is and no it will not neither will the 720 ram/esram set up that is lower latency. 8GB of GDDR5 is an overkill sony could have settled with a much lower amount especially with the mid level GPU that doesn't take advantage of the ram. 720spec wise is ALOT to look forward to, it has a higher clocked CPU, audio blocks that are equivalent 2 CUs worth of sound, DME etc . if MS wanted to compete all they would have to do is increase the gpu/cpu clock a bit(10-15%) and add 64mb eSram will they do it? idk they dont have 2.

It's over for MS really? is that why the media is shytting onthe Ps4 :usure:. Killzone looked and moved almost like a PS3 game, with more pixels on screen . no one going out to buy KZ3 in 1080P for 500.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You dont even know what GDDR5 is and no it will not neither will the 720 ram/esram set up that is lower latency. 8GB of GDDR5 is an overkill sony could have settled with a much lower amount especially with the mid level GPU that doesn't take advantage of the ram. 720spec wise is ALOT to look forward to, it has a higher clocked CPU, audio blocks that are equivalent 2 CUs worth of sound, DME etc . if MS wanted to compete all they would have to do is increase the gpu/cpu clock a bit(10-15%) and add 64mb eSram will they do it? idk they dont have 2.

It's over for MS really? is that why the media is shytting onthe Ps4 :usure:. Killzone looked and moved almost like a PS3 game, with more pixels on screen . no one going out to buy KZ3 in 1080P for 500.
:russ: @ you thinking microsofts games has a chance of being better. Quote from someone smarter then me.

Forget about how much RAM the GPU has. The big thing here is that the system has unified memory with 176 GB/s bandwidth. To put that into perspective: PS3 had about 25 GB/s, which was insanely fast at the time. Common PC’s have about 50 GB/s, and much less if they have to go from system RAM to GPU over PCIe.

PC gamers never look any further than the GPU model number and how many GHz the CPU has, while modern computers are much more constrained by memory bandwidth. There’s a reason graphics cards use GDDR5 instead of DDR3.
Another big thing is that the PS4 will have a dedicated GPU plus the GPU inside the AMD CPU, which means developers can freely offload to the GPU without sacrificing rendering performance. Many PC’s also have similar setups, but not all of them, and not all with the same configuration (ie: HD4000 IGP or AMD APU, AMD or NVidia dedicated GPU, etc). In practice this means almost no games are programmed to use multiple GPU’s for anything besides rendering.
Last but not least not much is known about the performance of the AMD Jaguar architecture, but I think it’s a pretty safe bet it’s faster than current AMD A10.

So adding all this together, you can safely assume the PS4, if the hardware is fully exploited, will blow every $600 PC away. It will be much more like a $1500 game PC, for the simple fact that it has crazy fast memory and developer can fully utilize the dual GPU’s.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:russ: @ you thinking microsofts games has a chance of being better. Quote from someone smarter then me.
I literally stopped ready right there, until you can function well enough to explain to me what the esRAM/DME concept in the xbox does we will discuss the DDR3/GDDR5

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WHy would you say the 8gb card is over kill, isnt that what your supposed to aim for, I dont want just good enough, I want to not to be able to worry about it 3 years down the line, don't you agree?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
WHy would you say the 8gb card is over kill, isnt that what your supposed to aim for, I dont want just good enough, I want to not to be able to worry about it 3 years down the line, don't you agree?

would have been better off going with a better GPU to take advantage of the RAM. This cycle will be 5-6 years IMO.