#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i'm not confusing anything. go google it. you will have sites with the xbox having ddr3, the ps4 having ddr5. NOT Gddr5. only some sites say its xbox with ddr3 vs ps4 with Gddr5.

the G being the video ram, without it the g its system ram. i know the difference. its how it will be used in the system for gaming.

thats why i also asked the question which is it for the xbox.
:comeon:

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Introduces PlayStation®4 (PS4

Official press release stating GDDR5

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically they're telling customers, Yea its awesome but you dont need it because your setup is probably trash :skip:

its a preference. some of us are fully grown men with jobs, and dont owe a ton of money to the world. so we are cool with fully investing in a 60 inch screen. for those types. BALL OUT and get that sony. and let us know how glorious it is.:blessed:

but the rest of the population aka MOST xboxers/sonyers. you will still be on your 42inch or below. So there's no reason for you to go all in or either system based on these silly specs.

if that ps4 cost a lot more then the xbox. then buy that xbox since its affordable.
dont be stupid.

since technology has moved so far since the last time we had a console upgrade. both of these puppies better be 10 times better then what we currently have. they both made us wait long enough by extending the life of the old consoles with the peripherals . so again, odds are, we will not be able to tell the difference. our decisions should be soley based on which games will be left exclusive for which consoles. and for how long. if you get stuck with one console cause you heard such and such is an exclusive. then 2015 its no longer an exclusive. then you will feel like an idiot for getting stuck on a system that isnt bad, but you like the other one better. but you were in love with that one or two titles that it originally called "exclusive" . DONT GET PLAYED my friends.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
its a preference. some of us are fully grown men with jobs, and dont owe a ton of money to the world. so we are cool with fully investing in a 60 inch screen. for those types. BALL OUT and get that sony. and let us know how glorious it is.:blessed:

but the rest of the population aka MOST xboxers/sonyers. you will still be on your 42inch or below. So there's no reason for you to go all in or either system based on these silly specs.

if that ps4 cost a lot more then the xbox. then buy that xbox since its affordable.
dont be stupid.

since technology has moved so far since the last time we had a console upgrade. both of these puppies better be 10 times better then what we currently have. they both made us wait long enough by extending the life of the old consoles with the peripherals . so again, odds are, we will not be able to tell the difference. our decisions should be soley based on which games will be left exclusive for which consoles. and for how long. if you get stuck with one console cause you heard such and such is an exclusive. then 2015 its no longer an exclusive. then you will feel like an idiot for getting stuck on a system that isnt bad, but you like the other one better. but you were in love with that one or two titles that it originally called "exclusive" . DONT GET PLAYED my friends.
Playstation has more exclusives that are classics then xbox, period. Games that never went to xbox. It wont be any different this gen. Sony is sticking to what they know, making a gaming console, for gamers. I mean if you're gonna buy a 720 ok but show me some exclusives to justify it first since you wont be buying it based on it being the best console from a hardware perspective, Friend.

I had both consoles this gen and looking back there was only 1 reason to own a xbox and that was for ninja gaiden 2. All the games i bought on 360 were on playstation.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
That's a similar answer to what he told Eurogamer last night at Sony's big PlayStation 4 announcement event, vagueness and all. Yes, used games "can play on PS4," but does it require a license repurchase? Perhaps you have to belong to an as-yet-unidentified PS4 online network? It's not entirely clear, but there seems to be a caveat to the statement, "Used games work on PS4." Sony, however, isn't saying what that caveat is just yet.

:youngsabo:

:umad:

:lolbron:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry bruh, you are dead wrong.

First off, ddr3 is a NEWER tech than GDDR3. They are not the same thing. GDDR3 is based off the DDR2 spec. It was also used in the PS3 AND Xbox already. That shyt was released wayy back in 2004-5..DDR3 was just starting to get support in 2007.
So there is no reason to use almost 10 year old graphic ram..DDR 4 isn't ready, and GDDR 5 is too expensive combined with the expensive ESRAM..

Also, there is NO SUCH THING as DDR5...4 hasn't even been released yet.
again, i didnt say there was a such thing as ddr5. i said Thats what the articles were saying before the live show yesterday.

google it. they said xbox 720 will have twice the ram as the ps4. xbox 720 will have 8gb ddr3.

then you see some articles saying 720 will have gddr3 and ps4 will have 8gb of gddr5
then you have some say 720 will have 8gb of ddr3 +esram

see

While the console war is an inevitable thing, one thing that the tipster let loose about the Xbox 720 was a roadmap of the hardware. It's possible Microsoft may modify this before the console's release (and maybe even before it's announced) but we do know that the Xbox 720 has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, where-as Sony explicitly announced that the PlayStation 4 will have 8GB of DDR5 RAM. The same amount, but much faster.
Where's the "G" in front of Sony's ram? and i know as of now for sure its GDDR5 cause i heard them say it yesterday out of their own mouths. thats why i'm speculating that perhaps these articles are fudging it as well.

then see this article. it has it separate. but may be more accurate.

Timothy Lottes has provided a comparison between the 4 GB of GDDR5 RAM being used for the PS4 to the 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, along with an additional 32 MB of ESRAM, powering the Xbox 720.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
uh i was watching live yesterday. i know what it is for the ps4. what is it for the xbox. Gddr ram is for the video card. so will they be using gddr3 ram for their video card or not?

You're getting things mixed up my dude, the entire 8gb of ram is GDDR5, it's a unified pool shared between the cpu/gpu.

The Xbox 720 will also go with unified memory as well.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How many Game studios does microsoft have open now? Whats on the horizon for them in terms of exclusive titles?

If the majority of xbox's new titles are for kinect, will you feel cheated?

Alan wake on pc
Bungie multiplat
Game studios closed
No JRPGs
Fable 3 was terrible

What are they gonna do here. The Ropeadope left Ali in shambles.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm not confusing anything. go google it. you will have sites with the xbox having ddr3, the ps4 having ddr5. NOT Gddr5. only some sites say its xbox with ddr3 vs ps4 with Gddr5.

the G being the video ram, without it the g its system ram. i know the difference. its how it will be used in the system for gaming.

thats why i also asked the question which is it for the xbox.

maybe you should read this http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
How many Game studios does microsoft have open now? Whats on the horizon for them in terms of exclusive titles?

If the majority of xbox's new titles are for kinect, will you feel cheated?

Alan wake on pc
Bungie multiplat
Game studios closed
No JRPGs
Fable 3 was terrible

What are they gonna do here. The Ropeadope left Ali in shambles.

um? microsoft has more studios then sony, in fact they have 21 but ill limit it to 14 because a few of them are kinect/mobile studios/Sports studio/tv studio etc.

First Alan wake is published by MS its up to them to put it on PC it will be exclusive to the 720 until published later AGAIN
343i>bungie yes im serious
They have opened/bought 10 studios in the last 4 years
4 new ips are on the horizon
lucid games is working on pgr5(rumored)
Lionhead is a monster with 2 teams and will be back
Rare has new employees that have a new vision from Phil harrison :yes:
they now own twisted pixels
leap/pressplay/lift are all working on different genres
Big park has a AAA game apparently according people who have interned.
crytek has redid ryse
black tusk studios is working on a monster im hearing a horror game.
343, Rare, Lionhead, Turn 10, Twisted Pixel and Black Tusk, which comprises multiple teams
I didnt even bring up forza series(including horizon)
Phil spencer hinted at Crackdown3
300 million earmarked for AAA games. (GOW is only 10-20m)

best of all phil harrison runs MS europe :umad:

I didn't even bring up the 2nd party studios or the studios that are unannounced that have Linkedin accounts. MS is going to bring it sony that's why they're rushing the ps4. Keep thinking MS is on autopilot.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a similar answer to what he told Eurogamer last night at Sony's big PlayStation 4 announcement event, vagueness and all. Yes, used games "can play on PS4," but does it require a license repurchase? Perhaps you have to belong to an as-yet-unidentified PS4 online network? It's not entirely clear, but there seems to be a caveat to the statement, "Used games work on PS4." Sony, however, isn't saying what that caveat is just yet.

:youngsabo:

:umad:

:lolbron:
:rudy: where you getting this extra stuff from