#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except...Xbox isn't using GDDR3..they are using DDR 3..big difference sir:lolbron:

even cheaper if thats actually true. and they are not using ddr3 ram like most would. read below. but i will also say this, is anyone SURE that its not GDDR for both? the answer is NO. wherever you read anything about them both. the rumors before ps4 had their live event. stated that xbox was running ddr3. then after this live event. you have people with specs saying xbox is running ddr3(not gddr3). and ps4 will be running ddr5(not gddr5 as we heard yesterday). so this makes me wonder if people are confused, and have been confused ever since they heard the word from xbox leaks. i have a funny feeling they are both using "G" ram. one is using gddr3(xbox) the other is using gddr5(ps4).

Some recent spec reports for the Xbox 720 have put the Xbox 720's specs with a DDR3 memory set-up that the Xbox 720 will allegedly have, is going to be slower than that of the PlayStation 4.

Microsoft looks like it will be implementing an offshoot of eDRAM tech that is integrated with the graphics core, which offsets the bandwidth problems that takes place when using the DDR3.

.... The Xbox 720 will sport 8GB of RAM, with 3GB of it going to the operating system.

The Xbox 720's CPU will also be high as Microsoft seems to be wanting to run two separate apps at the same time a gamer is in the middle of a gameplay session.

So unless someone has proof for 100% sure that xbox 720 is using regular DDR ram(not G-ddr). then hit me with the link.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
even cheaper if thats actually true. and they are not using ddr3 ram like most would. read below. but i will also say this, is anyone SURE that its not GDDR for both? the answer is NO. wherever you read anything about them both. the rumors before ps4 had their live event. stated that xbox was running ddr3. then after this live event. you have people with specs saying xbox is running ddr3(not gddr3). and ps4 will be running ddr5(not gddr5 as we heard yesterday). so this makes me wonder if people are confused, and have been confused ever since they heard the word from xbox leaks. i have a funny feeling they are both using "G" ram. one is using gddr3(xbox) the other is using gddr5(ps4).

So unless someone has proof for 100% sure that xbox 720 is using regular DDR ram(not G-ddr). then hit me with the link.
:scusthov: @ those ram specs. Nothing compared to ps4's :mj:

:dj2:

All Sony has to do now is announce a price and get Preorders popping ASAP and this gen is won. The console wars will literalyl be over before they begin and it only took 1 shot the the barrel of DDR5 to end the battle, once and for all.

Once customers are locked into 1 system it will be a while before the extra income is freed to purchase another system and in that time, unless there is a hot exclusive being shown there will be little reason to justify purchasing the xbox 720 which will ultimately leave them left in the dust holding a bunch of 720s in their arms

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think you are confusing system memory ram with, video memory ram

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
To put my fanboy hat back on the M$ reveal won't be go past 10 pages

Itll be like this

1191748095535.gif

images

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scusthov: @ those ram specs. Nothing compared to ps4's :mj:

:dj2:

All Sony has to do now is announce a price and get Preorders popping ASAP and this gen is won. The console wars will literalyl be over before they begin.

now here's the best breakdown i've seen. and he may be on to something.

A fast GDDR5 will be the desired option for developers. All the interesting cases for good anti-aliasing require a large amount of bandwidth and RAM. A tiny 32MB chunk of ESRAM will not fit that need even for forward rendering at 1080p. I think some developers could hit 1080p@60fps with the rumored Orbis specs even with good AA. My personal project is targeting 1080p@60fps with great AA on a 560ti which is a little slower than the rumored Orbis specs. There is no way my engine would hit that target on the rumored 720 specs. Ultimately on Orbis I guess devs target 1080p/30fps (with some motion blur) and leverage the lower latency OS stack and scan out at 60fps (double scan frames) to provide a really great lower-latency experience. Maybe the same title on 720 would render at 720p/30fps, and maybe Microsoft is dedicating a few CPU hardware threads to the GPU driver stack to remove the latency problem (assuming this is a "Windows" OS under the covers).

If this is the case. where MS will be using 720p games. then on the surface people will say SONY WON. but in reality, most people will not be able to visually tell the difference unless you have a 60inch TV. which most people do not. you cant tell the difference between 720 and 1080p when the TV is less then 40 inches.

SEE that link. to understand why we wont be able to tell the difference on most tvs.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Sorry bruh, you are dead wrong.

First off, ddr3 is a NEWER tech than GDDR3. They are not the same thing. GDDR3 is based off the DDR2 spec. It was also used in the PS3 AND Xbox already. That shyt was released wayy back in 2004-5..DDR3 was just starting to get support in 2007.
So there is no reason to use almost 10 year old graphic ram..DDR 4 isn't ready, and GDDR 5 is too expensive combined with the expensive ESRAM..

Also, there is NO SUCH THING as DDR5...4 hasn't even been released yet.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you are confusing system memory ram with, video memory ram

i'm not confusing anything. go google it. you will have sites with the xbox having ddr3, the ps4 having ddr5. NOT Gddr5. only some sites say its xbox with ddr3 vs ps4 with Gddr5.

the G being the video ram, without it the g its system ram. i know the difference. its how it will be used in the system for gaming.

thats why i also asked the question which is it for the xbox.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So in short you are saying it will be better :ohhh:

in short i'm saying You and I wont even know its better even though TECHNICALLY it is.

its like what if you had a car with 1000 horse power. but you could only go 60 mph in it due to the fact that you dont have the tires that would be able to deal with 1000hp. and lets assume it cost an arm and a leg to buy the proper tires. and lets assume most average people that drive this car. never get the right tires for this 1000hp car. therefore saying your car has 1000 horses is irrelevant if you never use em.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
now here's the best breakdown i've seen. and he may be on to something.

If this is the case. where MS will be using 720p games. then on the surface people will say SONY WON. but in reality, most people will not be able to visually tell the difference unless you have a 60inch TV. which most people do not. you cant tell the difference between 720 and 1080p when the TV is less then 40 inches.

SEE that link. to understand why we wont be able to tell the difference on most tvs.

So basically they're telling customers, Yea its awesome but you dont need it because your setup is probably trash :skip:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carné Asada;3340369 said:
:mindblown:

Dudes arguing about some extreme shiit now.

its war, what did you expect?same thing happened with the ps3 vs the xbox 360. i was riding HARRRRRD for the ps3. talking about the blu-ray disc size, blah blah blah, specs, blah blah blah. and in the end. can you realllly tell the difference? NUUUOPE

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its war, what did you expect?same thing happened with the ps3 vs the xbox 360. i was riding HARRRRRD for the ps3. talking about the blu-ray disc size, blah blah blah, specs, blah blah blah. and in the end. can you realllly tell the difference? NUUUOPE

Yeah, a better line up as far as games went.