#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If something like the PS4 was done during the height of the SNES/Genesis era, where it is purely about just gaming. The world would have stood up and applauded.

Look at everything else now. People might not use the functionality of a camera on their phone, the GPS of their tablet, etc... However, there is comfort that is there, just in case. I watch my twin daughters play on Facebook on their phones, my younger daughter stream Netflix on her 3DS, likewise with myself on my Vita. The game, for lack of a better term has changed. People never knew what they've wanted until it was placed in front of them to utilize. Microsoft has put the brightest of the brightest at Microsoft on the Xbox team for a few years now. I truly expect to be blown away feature wise by Microsoft because for most people, they don't just a gaming console, they want an entertainment console. That is what most of the market wants.

Sony already has the entertainment aspect and with the talk about expanding to smartphones and tablets, I'm sure it'll just expand with the PS4.

Also, going by the Yoshida interview I posted, it looks like they are trying to get independent/small developers that on board

This may be like the PS2 era of gaming all over again if development cost are low :whew:

I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 till they stop making games for the PS3 because I didn't like the way the games were going and the rumors I was reading, but after reading all the information about the PS4 and seeing that the majority of games aren't shooters have got me thinking about getting the system sometime next year.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If there is one thing we learned from the ps4 reveal is that rumors should not be taken too seriously, these companies can and do make changes all the time. All we can do is wait till official info is released.

What I do want to know is what's the big difference between the two types of ram. I know gddr5 is faster. But what does that translate to in terms of real world performance. And I'm not talking about a couple less jaggies, or more detailed textures. I'm talking real world discernible differences. Will the world of GTA6 have to be smaller on Xbox if it has gddr3 memory? Will we have games running at 60fps on ps4 but only able to do 30fps on Xbox? Will developers have to create entire different games like they have to for wii?

Or does the gddr5 memory just look good on paper, but offer no big advantages, kinda like the CELL.

Can anyone here answer these questions:whoa: no fanboy

Uncharted 2 is a game that is impossible to create on 360 because of the power of the cell. The applications will probably be seen in first part sony games and exclusives because microsoft will more then likely have stipulations telling devs they cant make the game better on playstation.

Microsoft will hold back another generation of multiplatform games. Hopefully devs grow some dignity and tell microsoft, no, like Neo in the Matrix.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Uncharted 2 is a game that is impossible to create on 360 because of the power of the cell. The applications will probably be seen in first part sony games and exclusives because microsoft will more then likely have stipulations telling devs they cant make the game better on playstation.

Microsoft will hold back another generation of multiplatform games. Hopefully devs grow some dignity and tell microsoft, no, like Neo in the Matrix.

:beli: I guess you missed the part about "no fanboy"

I'm not looking for fanboy talking points I'm looking for real answers.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
5 ps1 died
3 ps2 including my silver slim
1ps3

sonys no better stop the trolling.

Maybe you're not providing proper cooling for your system. DId you try changing your entertainment center. I only had 1 system die and it was a ps3 i bought from an individual on Craigslist. Boy o boy did that young man con me.

Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Whys that? You think durango is coming in at 299? :leon:

nope because both sony and MS will want to profit, and yes i think the lower sku durango will be about that. If sony wants to go out of business yes they will do 350.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:weirdo: how? I never heard of PS1s dying out (or even ps2) from anyone I know in real life.

the fukking disc read bs where you have to turn the system upside-down and the memory card/controller slot corruption bs. as bad as RROD is the ps1 was even worse.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If there is one thing we learned from the ps4 reveal is that rumors should not be taken too seriously, these companies can and do make changes all the time. All we can do is wait till official info is released.

What I do want to know is what's the big difference between the two types of ram. I know gddr5 is faster. But what does that translate to in terms of real world performance. And I'm not talking about a couple less jaggies, or more detailed textures. I'm talking real world discernible differences. Will the world of GTA6 have to be smaller on Xbox if it has gddr3 memory? Will we have games running at 60fps on ps4 but only able to do 30fps on Xbox? Will developers have to create entire different games like they have to for wii?

Or does the gddr5 memory just look good on paper, but offer no big advantages, kinda like the CELL.

:childplease:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What's the difference between DDR3 memory and GDDR5 memory? - TechSpot Forums

basically
you need faster memory for transferring larger amounts of data, that is why Gddr5 is used, but DDR3 is better for transferring smaller amounts of data