#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Basically you're saying Microsofts existences will eventually destroy console gaming and reduce it to an american phenom created by Americans for Americas. Hopefully, God wiling, this future you speak of never occurs.

If something like the PS4 was done during the height of the SNES/Genesis era, where it is purely about just gaming. The world would have stood up and applauded.

Look at everything else now. People might not use the functionality of a camera on their phone, the GPS of their tablet, etc... However, there is comfort that is there, just in case. I watch my twin daughters play on Facebook on their phones, my younger daughter stream Netflix on her 3DS, likewise with myself on my Vita. The game, for lack of a better term has changed. People never knew what they've wanted until it was placed in front of them to utilize. Microsoft has put the brightest of the brightest at Microsoft on the Xbox team for a few years now. I truly expect to be blown away feature wise by Microsoft because for most people, they don't just a gaming console, they want an entertainment console. That is what most of the market wants.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Sony is third in console sales/mindshare is in the red as far as ALL PLAYSTATION brands thanks to father ken ..how did they win again? and if they release the lowest sku at 429 they are dead on sight MS can easily undercut them with adding 12GB of DDR3.

Well they released the system that had the best games on it, so they won. :whew: We're gamers here right?

A lot of people wont mind playing a little more for greatness. Alot of people wont want to be recorded and mic'd up with their internet always on to play their console though. Thats going to cut into a lot of sales.

People arent as dumb as you want them to be to buy that 720 which is an intrusive device that violates privacy rights of Americans by having to always be on the internet to work and always watching you with its camera eye.

I wonder how much those built in kinects 16 cores and mics add to the price of the console :youngsabo:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If something like the PS4 was done during the height of the SNES/Genesis era, where it is purely about just gaming. The world would have stood up and applauded.

Look at everything else now. People might not use the functionality of a camera on their phone, the GPS of their tablet, etc... However, there is comfort that is there, just in case. I watch my twin daughters play on Facebook on their phones, my younger daughter stream Netflix on her 3DS, likewise with myself on my Vita. The game, for lack of a better term has changed. People never knew what they've wanted until it was placed in front of them to utilize. Microsoft has put the brightest of the brightest at Microsoft on the Xbox team for a few years now. I truly expect to be blown away feature wise by Microsoft because for most people, they don't just a gaming console, they want an entertainment console. That is what most of the market wants.

I see, well at least 149 devs are on baord to make ps4 games so friend, honestly, outside of sales prophecies which are not set in stone, i think we'll be eating a lot better on ps4 this gen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony is third in console sales/mindshare is in the red as far as ALL PLAYSTATION brands thanks to father ken ..how did they win again? and if they release the lowest sku at 429(doubt it btw) they are dead on sight MS can easily undercut them with adding 12GB of DDR3.

you just can't Add memory like that bruh. You forget the ESRAM that MS is implementing in the 720 to help offset SOME of the DDR3 limitations. It's not that cut and dry. That's also a lot of memory to cool. We don't want RROD 2.0 happening.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

And with all that said...

An HTPC will still offer more features than whatever any of these consoles offer. And you're assuming that Sony isn't going to have impressive features outside of gaming. I think they just wanted to focus on the gaming side of things... I'm sure at E3 they'll reveal all the other shyt.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
you just can't Add memory like that bruh. You forget the ESRAM that MS is implementing in the 720 to help offset SOME of the DDR3 limitations. It's not that cut and dry. That's also a lot of memory to cool. We don't want RROD 2.0 happening.

And we know thats gonna happen. :deadmanny: My heart goes out to the youtubers who buy a 720 and wish they bought a PS4 when they post their RROD vids of their 720 perishing. Microsofts history of engineering products is poor.

Its so demonic, friends.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Well they released the system that had the best games on it, so they won. :whew: We're gamers here right?

A lot of people wont mind playing a little more for greatness. Alot of people wont want to be recorded and mic'd up with their internet always on to play their console though. Thats going to cut into a lot of sales.

People arent as dumb as you want them to be to buy that 720 which is an intrusive device that violates privacy rights of Americans by having to always be on the internet to work and always watching you with its camera eye.

I don't think it's a good time to double down on the privacy stuff. Sony's got that 'playstation eye" stereo camera thing, and they were pushing it like your friends could watch your friends could watch you playing games and shyt

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

actually you can, just like adding 8GBGDDR5 has to have a cooling system. GDDR5 is hot as fukk infact a YLOD part 2 might happen.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't think it's a good time to double down on the privacy stuff. Sony's got that 'playstation eye" stereo camera thing, and they were pushing it like your friends could watch your friends could watch you playing games and shyt

Those are accessory items. They arent going to be Built into the system, friend. You dont have a choice to be watched or not when you buy the 720.

Xbox 720 may violate the Constitution possibly.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Those are accessory items. They arent going to be Built into the system, friend. You dont have a choice to be watched or not when you buy the 720.

Xbox 720 may violate the Constitution possibly.

um Kinect 2 isn't built into the system it has its on cpu :heh:. you are a fukking clown mowgli

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
um Kinect 2 isn't built into the system it has its on cpu :heh:. you are a fukking clown mowgli

So there is a wire that connects the new kinect to the durango? Then why do we need it to be on all the time. I thought it was build into the console so the console was like a big fat eye, watching you. I think a lot of friends, when they turn on the 720 will start singing this.

:usure:

Edit. I just looked it up, the kinect is built into the console. Hilarious even the new ps4 eye is superior to kinect 2. I guess AMericans just buy the 2nd best. Friends gotta realize that in gaming this gen, this 720 is stifling them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
actually you can, just like adding 8GBGDDR5 has to have a cooling system. GDDR5 is hot as fukk infact a YLOD part 2 might happen.

RROD was signficantly worse than YLOD. I know you know that.

But you are talking 12 gigs of DDR3 man. MS is not going back to the drawing board and re-engineering their system. I think we can firmly agree on that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Kinect 2.0 is integrated into the Durango @Loose

The amount of resources tied to Kinect along with the OS will be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: