#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

For pc gamers that will suffice. For console gamers?

PlayStation-4-logo.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I know that you guys are excited, but don't do this. The next Xbox has long had 8GB of DDR3 memory and is at parity with the PS4's memory

DDR3 memory = less latency
GDDR5 memory = faster

These are the pros and cons.

The speed of Sony's ram is 176GB/sec of bandwidth over unified ram
Microsoft's is 104GB/ + 68 GB/ of bandwidth over split pools (why not unified like the 360, I don't know) However, math tells me that number adds up to 172GB/sec of bandwidth.

Again, as I've said, Sony's move is reactionary to what Microsoft was doing. GDDR5 is expensive as fukk while Microsoft is going to be doing this for pennies on the dollar. Just watch and see when Microsoft drops their console.

Doesn't quite work like that bruh...sorry.

"System memory (DDR3) benefits from low latency (tight timings) at the expense of bandwidth, GDDR5's case is the opposite. Timings for GDDR5 would seems unbelieveably slow in relation to DDR3, but the speed of VRAM is blazing fast in comparison with desktop RAM- this has resulted from the relative workloads that a CPU and GPU undertake. Latency isn't much of an issue with GPU's since their parallel nature allows them to move to other calculation when latency cycles cause a stall in the current workload/thread. The performance of a graphics card for instance is greatly affected (as a percentage) by altering the internal bandwidth, yet altering the external bandwidth (the PCI-Express bus, say lowering from x16 to x8 or x4 lanes) has a minimal effect. This is because there is a great deal of I/O (textures for examples) that get swapped in and out of VRAM continuously- the nature of a GPU is many parallel computations, whereas a CPU computes in a basically linear way."

There's a reason why cats are bustin nuts over the 8GB announcement. The gains in bandwidth significantly overshadow the slight losses in latency. With higher RES games, the GDDR5 is a HUGE asset.

You think cats are doing jumpin jacks over this for nothing? :heh:

It's not close, no matter how hard yall trying to force and spin it.

GDDR5 > GDDR3

stop the nonsense Ice. This is open and shut fam.

Is MS can somehow change out the memory (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) they are at a disadvantage man. Yall nikkaz acting hard headed.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: that doesn't answer my question. I've read the technical"what is the difference between gddr5/3" explanations. But I want to know how these differences will affect video game performance on home consoles.

The main thing I believe it is for is seamless multi-tasking. Game wise, probably further draw distance and more things on screen without slowdown

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Sony gives you good news and you act bitter

Microsoft gives you bad news and you rejoice

I have trouble understanding your motivations in this discussion. Why do you want the best console in the history of gaming, to fail. 149 devs locked and loaded on baord to entertain you.

When Sony drops that ps4 bright and early before Microsoft, the lead microsoft needed to compete this gen, will be lost and it will be a wrap. Lets be friends on SOnys platform friend. Why must you be dragged into the future of gaming. I dont know either.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Doesn't quite work like that bruh...sorry.

"System memory (DDR3) benefits from low latency (tight timings) at the expense of bandwidth, GDDR5's case is the opposite. Timings for GDDR5 would seems unbelieveably slow in relation to DDR3, but the speed of VRAM is blazing fast in comparison with desktop RAM- this has resulted from the relative workloads that a CPU and GPU undertake. Latency isn't much of an issue with GPU's since their parallel nature allows them to move to other calculation when latency cycles cause a stall in the current workload/thread. The performance of a graphics card for instance is greatly affected (as a percentage) by altering the internal bandwidth, yet altering the external bandwidth (the PCI-Express bus, say lowering from x16 to x8 or x4 lanes) has a minimal effect. This is because there is a great deal of I/O (textures for examples) that get swapped in and out of VRAM continuously- the nature of a GPU is many parallel computations, whereas a CPU computes in a basically linear way."

There's a reason why cats are bustin nuts over the 8GB announcement. The gains in bandwidth significantly overshadow the slight losses in latency. With higher RES games, the GDDR5 is a HUGE asset.

You think cats are doing jumpin jacks over this for nothing? :heh:

It's not close, no matter how hard yall trying to force and spin it.

GDDR5 > GDDR3

stop the nonsense Ice. This is open and shut fam.

Is MS can somehow change out the memory (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) they are at a disadvantage man. Yall nikkaz acting hard headed.
You are an asset in this fight. :wow: :lift: Friends think they can just say any old thing. DDR5 IS BETTER!!! The end.

Maybe microsoft will announce 16gigs of ddr3 :heh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are an asset in this fight. :wow: :lift: Friends think they can just say any old thing. DDR5 IS BETTER!!! The end.

Maybe microsoft will announce 16gigs of ddr3 :heh:

Ice is good peoples friend, but this isn't a fight he can win. 4GB of DDR5 was already good, 8 is a megaton. Hopefully he will rethink his demonic stance on supporting such trash as the Durango Snitchbox. :blessed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Sony gives you good news and you act bitter

Microsoft gives you bad news and you rejoice

I have trouble understanding your motivations in this discussion. Why do you want the best console on the market, to fail. 149 devs locked and loaded on baord to entertain you.

When Sony drops that ps4 bright and early before Microsoft, the lead microsoft needed to compete this gen, will be lost and it will be a wrap. Lets be friends on SOnys platform friend. Why must you be dragged into the future of gaming. I dont know either.

I just want to make sure I get the most popular console and sit at the cool table with Zack Morris. I'm like 12

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I just want to make sure I get the most popular console and sit at the cool table with Zack Morris. I'm like 12

O, makes sense. Well, Playstation is the most popular console, in the world. IF you entrust the future of gaming to America instead of the planet, we're going to suffer. Buy ps4

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ice is good peoples friend, but this isn't a fight he can win. 4GB of DDR5 was already good, 8 is a megaton. Hopefully he will rethink his demonic stance on supporting such trash as the Durango Snitchbox. :blessed:

:merchant::dwillhuh: I cant believe i just read those thoughts. :eek:

RIP Snitchbox

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
O, makes sense. Well, Playstation is the most popular console, in the world. IF you entrust the future of gaming to America instead of the planet, we're going to suffer. Buy ps4

is it more popular than Debbie Gibson? :usure: