#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I know there's a good number of pathetic nikkas on here emotionally invested in these consoles so I'll take the majority of opinions with a grain of salt. It sucks they didn't show a console, but strategically I get it. Sony got the whole gaming world to pay attention to only them for one day. MS most likely shows off their console at E3. No matter how many great games Sony shows then, a console reveal will trump them. So the best way to stop MS from dominating that day by default is to unveil on the same day. If MS unveils before or after E3 then Sony wins E3 by default by unveiling then. Stans are the only ones acting tight right now. Objective people an publications seem to agree the features shown are impressive, so why not keep the suspense going a little longer? Plus only 3 or 4 serious games were shown. I have to assume you fall into the "pathetic nikkas emotionally invested in a console" group or the dumbass group if you think this is all Sony is bringing to the table for a console launch :snoop:

Face it. Sony fukked up here. No way to spin this. And yeah, clearly the fact your offended by the ether qualifies you for the funboy squad.

Sorry....:stylin:Xbox shuffling:stylin:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
controller.png

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Funny thing is those who are saying "meh" or "not sold" can't do nothing about it. It's not like there's a new console already out besides Wii U. What you gonna do not watch E3?? Also HIGHLY ironic Xbots are talking about "meh who cares about social features" when just the other day social features were of utmost priorities.

:pachaha: dudes got hating down to a science. They just rolling with the punches now

:ohhh:

I don't buy that this is all on the in game engine. Not for one second

I don't either, that looks insane

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I guess I'm just frustrated/angry with Sony for pump faking like this. Lets show off trailers for games using PCs showing a simulation of what the PS4 can do instead of having the actual PS4 running the trailers. This is a damn waste of time. On another note, how much would I have to spend to get a great gaming PC. I see that is the way to go now. And wtf is this $600 dollar price tag I've been hearing the PS4 is going to cost!?!? Yup time to go to the PC. In the meantime Sony needs to get their shyt together or they are going to go the way of Sega. You only get a one chance at a first impression, now they have to bring it at E3.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I guess I'm just frustrated/angry with Sony for pump faking like this. Lets show off trailers for games using PCs showing a simulation of what the PS4 can do instead of having the actual PS4 running the trailers. This is a damn waste of time. On another note, how much would I have to spend to get a great gaming PC. I see that is the way to go now. And wtf is this $600 dollar price tag I've been hearing the PS4 is going to cost!?!? Yup time to go to the PC. In the meantime Sony needs to get their shyt together or they are going to go the way of Sega. You only get a one chance at a first impression, now they have to bring it at E3.

*looks at profile*

*sees Gamertag only*

:beli:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
2 things piss me off.

1. You won't be able to use your PS3 games, they won't be compatible. now, sure, maybe you can some how log it with your network, and be able to stream your old cames, however that doesn't help those with slow internet or live in countries where the ps network is not obtainable...like China. fukking morons.

Second-hand games on the way out?

Sony has yet to discuss this area of the PS4, but you'd think it would dispel the rumours if they're not true.
The rumours suggest that Sony is going in the same direction as Microsoft in that it wants to kill off the second-hand games market. Current industry wisdom suggests that future PS4 games might be tied to your Sony Entertainment Network account and will thus have no resale value. That's a similar approach as used by PC developers using Steam so we reckon this is a likely development. Doesn't mean we're happy about it, though.
As much money as these fukks make, why must they try so hard to destroy the second hand market? It's what gave the PS3 the upper hand. Knowing that altho you're paying $59, your game may still have value. you might not even sell it, but just knowing it's of value makes the consumer happy. I just dont get these money greedy fukks sometimes.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I must be the only one that really liked what I saw. Namely all the OS features. That's what I'm most interested in I guess because everything else is gonna be the same shyt. Xbox got games, ps got games. Both systems are mostly going to share the same games.

I really liked the 360 out the gate because it just plain had a better feature set. It's the features and services that are really going to separate these consoles in my mind.

Also yall some haters hating on Jonathan blow. He already brought y'all one classic and is working in the lab on that second gem.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
2 things piss me off.

1. You won't be able to use your PS3 games, they won't be compatible. now, sure, maybe you can some how log it with your network, and be able to stream your old cames, however that doesn't help those with slow internet or live in countries where the ps network is not obtainable...like China. fukking morons.

As much money as these fukks make, why must they try so hard to destroy the second hand market? by being able to resell games, you are actually converting more people, keeping the value of games, and almost certainly keeping the 'hobby' going. I just dont get these money greedy fukks sometimes.

More reasons why I'm heading to the PC. I was pissed the first time when you couldn't play PS2 games on the PS3. And then the PS3 barely came out with any games and was basically a damn Blu Ray player. So now you can't play your ten PS3 games on the PS4...this is bullshyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And nikkaz SERIOUSLY don't think MS announcement isn't gonna be showing the same shyt Sony is trying to do with casuals/social gaming interaction. Yall better be prepared for lots of Kinect related shyt for MS conference. And the haters gonna hate on that one too.

E3 is for the Gamers. Just relax.

that MEGATON of 8 Gigs of DDR5 just COMPLETELY shyt on the next Xbox. Just so you don't forget. :youngsabo:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the os is dope, most of the games and tech demos are dope. i wanted to see the hardware

i dont understand why this was public, let alone hyped to hell and back

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
And nikkaz SERIOUSLY don't think MS announcement isn't gonna be showing the same shyt Sony is trying to do with casuals/social gaming interaction. Yall better be prepared for lots of Kinect related shyt for MS conference. And the haters gonna hate on that one too.

E3 is for the Gamers. Just relax.

that MEGATON of 8 Gigs of DDR5 just COMPLETELY shyt on the next Xbox. Just so you don't forget. :youngsabo:

I'm just sayin...I don't think MS is going to have an "event" and just show the fukking controller and some trailers ran off a PC. Sony's marketing is horrendous.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Oh i know beastly shyt like that exists breh and there's mores coming to...

All I'm saying is right now, a stack for a card like that is a complete waste of resources and overkill...

true, especially for games that are only 1080p (like you said, 3 year old cards can run most of those games at high or better). Gaming at ultrawide, 5870x1080 is a different story though. And then there are the 4k monitors :wow: shyt is gonna get out of hand soon. Hopefully that'll lower prices on top-tier cards though

Matter of fact, shouldn't the next gen systems be 4K compatible? I know 4K shyt is too expensive at the moment, but what about in 3-4 years? 1080p is gonna be obsolete soon