#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
They displayed the specs showing It's (much) stronger, & clearly better to develop for. Said its going to have a better interface & a much more social online experience. There's a different & improved controller & they showed a few games. What else do we need? :skip:

specs controllers etc are a given, what they didnt show were games

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
This is their sports. You're acting like fanatically arguing about sports is any better.

Anything people do obsessively ain't good.

Fred.

My point isn't obsession or fanaticism, it's the fact that you have a choice in purchasing both. Why should I hope for Spiderman to flop because I'm a Dark Knight fan when I can buy a ticket to both?

I just remember being on that my system is better and yours sucks when I was in middle school and maybe high school, which is also when I didn't have any money.

ridge

Daps
Mark Rein is also pushing the Unreal 4 engine, he's as invested in the next gen systems as you can possibly get.

:mindblown: You completely missed the point, if the GPU itself isn't top of the line, then how can the PC be defined as "high end". And at the end of the day, Sony themselves have said this is more PC in architect than previous playstations, so if it doesn't have a high end graphics card how the fukk is the PC that's running the games high end?

KZ looked cool, but I've seen Crysis 3 :ld:

:whoa:

:whew:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
This next gen is going to be a clusterfukk. I think I'm going to sit this one out. All three systems are going to be trash. The WiiU was stillborn.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
First off who is dropping a stack on a single graphics card? :wtf:

You don't even need a beast of a card to achieve what the PS4 can do...The 5800 series I got in my old shyt obliterates the card the PS4 is running on...You can probably purchase it for $100 off Newegg...

That watchdogs demo was not running on no high breh...How could you not tell how drastically inferior the image quality of the wacthdogs gameplay footage shown today was to what we saw previously?

NVIDIA’s Most Preposterous Graphics Card Ever | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_xgeOZrnJI"]GeForce GTX Titan Announcement - YouTube[/ame]

:noah:

6 fukking gb of vram...6 :wow:

sidenote: I have a 5870 in my old shyt. Now I'm nvidia all the way though

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
IMO it was dumb as fukk to unveil the console at an investors meeting because it's the first time anyone is gonna see it. So yeah, it wasn't for "us", the gamers, but gamers are going to be watching it by the millions just based on the fact that it's the world premiere of a new console. How this got planned without anyone from Sony sitting back like :ld: "well, maybe we need to spruce this shyt up and make it more exciting for the inevitable gamers that'll be watching it", I dunno. You have 1 chance to make a first impression.

They should've done two presentations today. A 30 minute one for the gamers just focusing on games, and this one for the investors.

Fred.

:manny: I get the frustration, I'm frustrated too but we all, media included, merely assumed we were gonna see the console and mad games. We were wrong. And my point is it's sensible in hindsight that that didn't happen. You only get one first impression, sure, but any cats that made up their minds about not getting a PS4 off of this meeting werent getting one anyway. There's 8 months left according to rumors until the console drops. If 8 months of conferences, articles, announcements and commercials is less important than a two hour teaser to some of y'all then I question what your intentions were coming into the thread in the first place.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny thing is those who are saying "meh" or "not sold" can't do nothing about it. It's not like there's a new console already out besides Wii U. What you gonna do not watch E3?? Also HIGHLY ironic Xbots are talking about "meh who cares about social features" when just the other day social features were of utmost priorities.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
First off who is dropping a stack on a single graphics card? :wtf:

You don't even need a beast of a card to achieve what the PS4 can do...The 5800 series I got in my old shyt obliterates the card the PS4 is running on...You can probably purchase it for $100 off Newegg...

That watchdogs demo was not running on no high breh...How could you not tell how drastically inferior the image quality of the wacthdogs gameplay footage shown today was to what we saw previously?
the PS3 is a closed box system so games can be optimized for it. your PC is open box and the optimization is poor. you need a more powerful graphics card to do what the PS3 can do with less.

you'll also have to spend far more on a gaming PC to achieve the performance the PS3 can get for less money.