#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag

It doesnt look that different from PS3 as far as graphics and color, it just looks SHARPER. like someone when into the setting and up'd the refine lever.

It probably moves fast and smoother, but that's yet to be seen considering the weak cpu.

I think I'm going to wait a year or 2 and see what adjustments they make, after they hear a few complaints they might give some sort of incentive for those that have loads of ps3 games.....hopefully.

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But how many gb of ram does the graphics card have? A 5870 can push 5040 x 1050 on high settings (which is amazing). I'm not sure the ps4 graphics card could do that

"The PS4's GPU contains "a unified array of 18 compute units" capable of generating 1.84 Teraflops of processing power, Sony says, which can "freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two." The system's 8 GB of system memory offers 176 GB/second of bandwidth to developers, Sony claims."

and what game are u saying that it can push those numbers, and at how many fps'??

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989

What was horrendous about them showing the world a glimpse of their new console features and games?? Do you guys forget E3 is a few months away and is where everything will most likely be revealed?

Was this really a glimpse? You got to see trailers for a hypothetical build of the PS4. You got to hear about how you will be able to share your experiences while playing. It isn't impressive. I'm sorry but they wasted time and money on this "event". You have the event all to yourself and you could have built up some excitement, but all you have done now is defer to the next event where everyone will be showing off their new products. And now for the next couple of months everyone is going to be talking about the PS4 event where the PS4 wasn't even unveiled. They fukked up.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But how many gb of ram does the graphics card have? A 5870 can push 5040 x 1050 on high settings (which is amazing). I'm not sure the ps4 graphics card could do that

Why are people comparing a closed box console to a PC? If you want to play games at that resolution at 60fps get a PC. I'm not worried about if the PS4 can downsample games at extreme resolutions because that's not only what it's for.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
"The PS4's GPU contains "a unified array of 18 compute units" capable of generating 1.84 Teraflops of processing power, Sony says, which can "freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two." The system's 8 GB of system memory offers 176 GB/second of bandwidth to developers, Sony claims."

and what game are u saying that it can push those numbers, and at how many fps'??

I could play Skyrim and Max Payne 3 at about 40fps at that resolution. I had to upgrade to a new card to play Crysis 2, Witcher 2, and Sleeping dogs at ultrawide resolutions, with acceptable framerates

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was this really a glimpse? You got to see trailers for a hypothetical build of the PS4. You got to hear about how you will be able to share your experiences while playing. It isn't impressive. I'm sorry but they wasted time and money on this "event". You have the event all to yourself and you could have built up some excitement, but all you have done now is defer to the next event where everyone will be showing off their new products. And now for the next couple of months everyone is going to be talking about the PS4 event where the PS4 wasn't even unveiled. They fukked up.

Speak for yourself. I was impressed by the Killzone and Watchdog trailers. I was impressed by the new social features, streaming and access options. In your world you expected the last guardian, FFXIII Versus, KH3, Uncharted 4 and the console now?? Then when E3 comes what were they going to show?? You would've then shat on the E3 conference saying they fukked up. Y'all dudes is not thinking straight. The next couple of months people who are rational are going to be like "Hmm I wonder what they're going to show at E3??"

If M$ shows off the box at E3, sony then can show the PS4 in full since they haven't actually done that. Strike twice.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Face it. Sony fukked up here. No way to spin this. And yeah, clearly the fact your offended by the ether qualifies you for the funboy squad.

Sorry....:stylin:Xbox shuffling:stylin:

:dead: @ offended. This is my 4th post in this thread, all of them after the presentation. That's a fraction as many compared to actual emotional nikkas like yourself. I even voiced my frustration that the console wasn't shown. None of y'all nikkas can sit here and act like I've ever entertained any fanboy bullshyt on this forum.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So it's ok to unveil the controller of a new console but not the actual console itself? It's hilarious but unacceptable. At this point, Sony is a follower and is shook by Microsoft. If you want to change gaming, you have to be a leader and an innovator. I'm sure Sony is waiting for E3 to show more things, but Microsoft is about to embarrass them and they know it. Sony will not make it to the next generation at this pace.

I'm not an Xbot or a PStan. I'm a fan of gaming and technology.

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could play Skyrim and Max Payne 3 at about 40fps at that resolution. I had to upgrade to a new card to play Crysis 2, Witcher 2, and Sleeping dogs at ultrawide resolutions, with acceptable framerates

yeah, i see, but u have a custom setup..

the ps4 will be standard in its resolutions..

they didn't say anything about support for a 4k tv's so idk, but i think that card in the ps4 could run any game on ultra at 1080p easy, even with aliasing turned to the notch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the whole suspend a game and resume whenever you want is very nice. the whole download a game and start playing right away thing is dope too. the actual promise of the console is amazing. the Xbox has a lot to live up to if they wanna match this.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989

Speak for yourself. I was impressed by the Killzone and Watchdog trailers. I was impressed by the new social features, streaming and access options. In your world you expected the last guardian, FFXIII Versus, KH3, Uncharted 4 and the console now?? Then when E3 comes what were they going to show?? You would've then shat on the E3 conference saying they fukked up. Y'all dudes is not thinking straight. The next couple of months people who are rational are going to be like "Hmm I wonder what they're going to show at E3??"

If M$ shows off the box at E3, sony then can show the PS4 in full since they haven't actually done that. Strike twice.

All those trailers show is the power of the current PCs. That's it. I won't be impressed or be bothered by Sony until they show some real meat at E3. Until then we are all going to be wondering what the PS4 looks like and what games it is going to have, which they can just release for the PS3 now. And who gives a dang about E3 its months down the line. They had an opportunity to show something amazing today and didn't. That's the fact. They could have announced this bullshyt on their website and just announced they will show more at the E3 and saved the money. They don't know how to market their products that's why they are losing money. You don't have a PS4 unrevealing event and don't show the PS4. But I wish them all the luck in the world and I hope E3 goes better for them, but in the meantime I'm going to built a PC and see what all the fuss is about.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yeah, i see, but u have a custom setup..

the ps4 will be standard in its resolutions..

they didn't say anything about support for a 4k tv's so idk, but i think that card in the ps4 could run any game on ultra at 1080p easy, even with aliasing turned to the notch.

I doubt we'll see 4K with the xbox or ps4. although, I thought sony would have the option, considering they will be selling 4K tvs in the future. It would be good cross-marketing. But, you gotta have a beastly card to even push that kinda resolution.

We'll probably see 4K in next, next gen consoles

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
actually, initially you COULD play your PS2 game, after a year (next holiday season) they wised up and deactivated that.

Just like the bulky version could play files, literally you could take an image iso of a disk, put it on a usb and play it on the ps3 (many people didnt know that), then the slim came out and deactivated that.

Moral of the story, never upgrade with sony. Keep the first release, and make sure you read the software updates before doing it.

I have faaaar too many games on ps3 to just give up, so Im gonna have to pass on this console. I think once sales flop, they'll do some adjusting. There's too many gems on PS3 to just give up.
:ohh: you can't own a ps3 and a ps4?
:aicmon:
Why not just keep a ps3 and get a ps4 when the price comes down? Were you planning on trading in your ps3 to get a ps4?
I'm not getting this at launch, I don't get consoles at launch anymore They don't get games for at least a year and im not a graphic whore :yeshrug: