PlayStation State of Play | Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 3 PM PT / 6 PM ET | 30+ Minute Show Features 14 Titles

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You're really going to pretend like this isn't a relatively weak lineup in comparison to what normally comes out from them?
Through five months this year, they've released Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin and MLB The Show 24. From this show they also have Silent Hill 2 Remake and Astro Bot coming this year. That's seven games in one year and I'm probably forgetting a couple. Remind me what Nintendo and XBox have put out this year or have planned.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Through five months this year, they've released Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin and MLB The Show 24. From this show they also have Silent Hill 2 Remake and Astro Bot coming this year. That's seven games in one year and I'm probably forgetting a couple. Remind me what Nintendo and XBox have put out this year or have planned.

Agreed

They need to do a proper big dog style showcase for next years titles though

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Yep and this was supposed to be a dry year for Sony :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They're going to need something more hard hitting than that if they're going to try and justify the pro.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They're going to need something more hard hitting than that if they're going to try and justify the pro.

Like the PS4 Pro that only had a year old uncharted game and Horizon launches like 4 months later they will probably show off like Venom and DS2 when the time comes.

There’s also a lego Horizon game that will probably be ray traced later this year

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Like the PS4 Pro that only had a year old uncharted game and Horizon launches like 4 months later they will probably show off like Venom and DS2 when the time comes.

There’s also a lego Horizon game that will probably be ray traced later this year

You’re comparing something from 8 years ago and a time now where people are struggling and might have a hard time justifying the cost and making the upgrade.

Sony isn’t necessarily going to be immune from that no more than other companies out here.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You’re comparing something from 8 years ago and a time now where people are struggling and might have a hard time justifying the cost and making the upgrade.

Sony isn’t necessarily going to be immune from that no more than other companies out here.

The pro isn’t really for those people, its for people like me who bought day one ps5’s that mostly play within the ps eco system.

The ps5s being traded in and possibly a permanent price cut are for people not interested in the pro

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The pro isn’t really for those people, its for people like me who bought day one ps5’s that mostly play within the ps eco system.

The ps5s being traded in and possibly a markdown are for people not interested in the pro
You say it isn’t, but Sony would love for any many of those people to upgrade as possible and it’d be naive to say otherwise.