Playstation Portal Official Thread

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
This is easily one of the most worthless products ever introduced, but I’m intrigued how far Sony is able to go with this just based off folks being brand warriors.

How’s the psvr2 treating y’all btw?
worthless!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is easily one of the most worthless products ever introduced, but I’m intrigued how far Sony is able to go with this just based off folks being brand warriors.

How’s the psvr2 treating y’all btw?
That shyt was MID.

Haven't heard a peep about PSVR2, I damn near forgot it existed.

bam-rap-bam.gif

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I feel like the circumstances that would have to occur to make this a logical purchase are incredibly limited.
So....people have one TV in the house these days?

I don't want to get into a financial pissing match but I'd imagine most homes have at least 2 TVs nowadays.
If the main TV is being taken up by family members watching something on a regular basis while you want to game then get them a Roku/firestick/Apple TV and hook the PS5 to the other TV.

Seems like a lot but $200 to "solve" this hypothetical issue seems like a lot to me as well and based on past experience I have no confidence that you'll be able to comfortable play games in a serious sense in terms of performance and ergonomics.

Im in the super minority that has a household full of serious gamers so I just have multiple PS5s and Series Xs.
$200 remote play is weird to me. I'd still need to use the PS5 so why not unplug it all together and move it to a different tv.
Lack of TVs isn't really the selling point, it's a better remote play experience. Which for $200 isn't necessarily a bad thing for me to get a solid remote play experience with a dualsense while watching shows with the old lady, watching sports, or sitting on the deck smoking.

My issue are the questions about capabilities:
  • linking multiple consoles
  • future of PSPlus streaming
  • did i spy a potential expandable storage slot
  • what are the internals like (local storage, processor, memory, wifi, etc)
  • other potential uses

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thing is dead on arrival. Sony just needs to just keep releasing there games on PC since there’s a lot of mobile options out to access the software. shyt is basically a better version of the Wii u gamepad. Besides can’t the steam deck do remote play with ps5?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Don't see a reason to get this much like the PSVR.

Also, seeing a video of it made me realize how big it is :dame:I don't think a handheld gaming device should be that big

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Lack of TVs isn't really the selling point, it's a better remote play experience. Which for $200 isn't necessarily a bad thing for me to get a solid remote play experience with a dualsense while watching shows with the old lady, watching sports, or sitting on the deck smoking.

My issue are the questions about capabilities:
  • linking multiple consoles
  • future of PSPlus streaming
  • did i spy a potential expandable storage slot
  • what are the internals like (local storage, processor, memory, wifi, etc)
  • other potential uses
Is the streaming experience actually better? Because right now it's trash when I try streaming games to my phone. It's too laggy for me to consider using it for anything other than turn based rpgs.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Is the streaming experience actually better? Because right now it's trash when I try streaming games to my phone. It's too laggy for me to consider using it for anything other than turn based rpgs.
That's the whole point of the device, we haven't seen the technical specs behind that yet. So :manny: