Playstation Portal Official Thread

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Sony actually pricing products appropriately :ehh:

Not happy about the lack of Bluetooth, but I'm a frequent Backbone controller user. The major plus here is the back of the device is structured in a way that is super solid. The backbone is kinda flimsy and wiggly because of the universal support. Definitely a day one cop for me.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Lack of TVs isn't really the selling point, it's a better remote play experience. Which for $200 isn't necessarily a bad thing for me to get a solid remote play experience with a dualsense while watching shows with the old lady, watching sports, or sitting on the deck smoking.

My issue are the questions about capabilities:
  • linking multiple consoles
  • future of PSPlus streaming
  • did i spy a potential expandable storage slot
  • what are the internals like (local storage, processor, memory, wifi, etc)
  • other potential uses
It's a remote play only device.
Don't get your hopes up breh.
To each his own but it sounds like the scenarios you describe are super specific and cheapen the "life experiences" you are saying you'd be gaming during.
I mean, if $200 is throw away money then I get it.
Anyone looking at this as a serious solution to something I think is going to be very disappointed and will find it collecting dust very fast.
For this device to make sense it should have been able to tap into Sony's cloud streaming platform at a minimum.
Staying tethered like a Wii U controller ain't it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I said from the beginning this was a trash product. :unimpressed:

This is going to flop HARD. No bluetooth, nothing localized; what a fukking joke.

All they needed was something that was PS4 compatible, considering almost everything is still cross-gen. And to me, indies are the biggest factor in a handheld.

A streaming only device WITHOUT cloud gaming is so out of touch and idiotic that it's impressive. This is instantly DOA. A complete waste of resources.