Playstation Portal Official Thread

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
this product is pointless. it has no bluetooth functionality for wireless headphones, which means only wired headphones and sony playstation brand earbuds work. and you cannot even use it in places like hotel wifi where you have to accept their terms to get on the wifi cuz it won't let you. furthermore, you cannot even use any of the media apps on the playstation, and the portal doesn't have any native apps like YT/Netflix/Hulu etc.

also, I was wondering where the touchpad is on the portal. how do you use games that need touchpad functionality.
It already works with a Bluetooth adapter you can buy for $5.

I am also hearing rumors that you can use your PlayStation headphones now by going into settings and setting up your sound to go through headphones only. It supposedly works

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It already works with a Bluetooth adapter you can buy for $5.

I am also hearing rumors that you can use your PlayStation headphones now by going into settings and setting up your sound to go through headphones only. It supposedly works
that's unacceptable in 2023. I cannot cosign this.

but yeah, I believe u can use any of the PS branded headphones.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not perfect but I'm having a blast playing Madden from bed. I'm still very competitive playing people head to head online.

People focusing too much of what its not and never advertised it to be, rather than just accepting the fact that its a way to play ps5 games around your house

Talking about: “yeah this just doesn’t compare to a steam deck oled”

Yeah, no shyt, a steam deck is an actual gaming console that cost 550 or 650 dollars. This is an accessory for your ps5

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People focusing too much of what its not and never advertised it to be, rather than just accepting the fact that its a way to play ps5 games around your house

Talking about: “yeah this just doesn’t compare to a steam deck oled”

Yeah, no shyt, a steam deck is an actual gaming console that cost 550 or 650 dollars. This is an accessory for your ps5
When this thing goes on sale it will look like a steal.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I have NO IDEA why people are comparing this device to the Steam Deck or Nintendo Switch or Vita.

This is a pure barebones REMOTE PLAY MIRRORING DEVICE. Thats IT! It's not meant to function as a standalone gaming system and isn't designed nor marketed as such.

As a REMOTE PLAY MIRRORING DEVICE, the only two things its lacking are bluetooth and a means of signing into WiFi browsers that exist behind internet authentication walls. Thats it. Otherwise it perfectly does what it's suppose to do. I've done remote play with the Vita, my iPhone 14 Pro Max, and my Ipad Pro 12.5 Inch. The Portal is by far the BEST device i've ever used for that function. Nice screen, no lag, perfect dual sense functionality. There's no way we were getting anything more for just $199.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Came back on a bum then made him quit on Madden while playing on the Portal. Two pick sixes :mjgrin:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
It seems to be helping. Since this is on a 1080P screen I've been putting the games im playing on Portal to performance mode. It definitely helps run smoother at higher frames. Just remember to change back to graphics mode when you play on your TV

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just remember to change back to graphics mode when you play on your TV

alfred-pennyworth-batman.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait a min, do you have to turn your PS5 on to play Portal?, do you have to stay in the house where your PS5 at with the same WiFi? Can you take/carry travel and play with your Portal?