Playstation Portal Official Thread

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
The experience ain't consistent from the reviews I've seen. Some ppl ain't getting that experience on their local network.

Alot of ppl are saying fighters and first person shooters are unplayable on this thing because of the lag
Twitchy games aren't ideal but still playable.

I am playing Madden on this and doing just fine. But I wouldn't use Portal for Madden if it was a league franchise game.

Also whoever is playing these fighting games and shooters tell them to change the graphics mode to performance. It will help with smoothness and FPS. There's no point on playing the game in 4K graphics mode when the Portal doesn't support 4K.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on the fence. was actually waiting on Coli impressions so I'll prob cop now.

I already got a the pulse 3d headset and since it's compatible, that's great.

keep in bedroom and master bath :pachaha:

:ohhh: Playing Portal while you're in a hot bathtub. I barely take a bath cause I always take a shower and prefer to take a shower over a bath.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The experience ain't consistent from the reviews I've seen. Some ppl ain't getting that experience on their local network.

Alot of ppl are saying fighters and first person shooters are unplayable on this thing because of the lag
Yeah, for remote play, it can live or die on your network set up and strength. Thing is, not too many people are even that knowledgeable really on all the end and outs of that. They figure speeds fast, everything must be perfect.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Better than chiaki 4 deck?
In my short, comparative experience, yes. Just off less toggling and comfort alone. And I'd get these gfx glitches often when using chiaki. The real test is seeing how it will fare at work over Hotspot tho. I'm wfh for the rest of the month. So I'll have to test that another way. But I hope I can get some playability at work, but I don't have high expectations there cuz my job is damn near a dead zone.

Last edited:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I think this portal is good for parents that they don't have to share TV or keep the quiet down, etc. Being a single person without kids I don't need this PS5 Portal so I always play on my TV, LG C1 Oled so I'm good.
I ain't got no kids but bought because I want to play games laying down. Playing Madden from the comfort of your own bed is :wow:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I'm smashin dudes online right now. My Portal lost connection in the middle of online game. It restablished connection within few seconds and my game was still online.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm smashin dudes online right now.

AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FAM, WTF! :dead:

thats-crazy-camron.gif