Playstation Portal Official Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My arctis 7x headphones came with a 3.5m jack so i dont really care about Bluetooth.

Just in to hear about how stable it runs

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Anyone running Final Fantasy 14 on it?

I love the Steam Deck when playing this game because the whole screen is touchscreen.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ok so got a full 2 hour playthrough

Pros

-Plays super smooth. No lag whatsoever

-Easy simple setup. Took about 30 mins between powering it on, setting up Wifi, and connecting it to my PS5

-Screen is impressive. Game plays at full 1080p and cutscenes looked really nice on the 8inch LCD

-Haptic feedback and rumble is the exact same as on dualsense. Your literally missing nothing

-Sleek design, not too heavy

-responsive controls. Again feels just like using a dualsense

Cons

-Lack of bluetooth for most without standard wired headphones means listening from crappy speakers

-ergonomically, its kind of weird to hold. I feel like the spacing is just a tad too wide. I like to play laying on my back with my hands up while up looking at the screen propped on a pillow. This position cramped my wrists and made it hard at times to hold. It seems like Sony really wants you to either lay on your stomach and play or be sitting up and looking down, which I did for stretches but thats not my preferred method of playing.

Overall this device is EXACTLY what Sony has marketed it to be and not one OUNCE more. Its as barebones as it gets. Its for mirroring your PS5 over Wifi. Thats it. No surprises. And for that singular purpose, this is the best device i’ve ever used. I used my Vita to remote play Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core Reunion. All three times were very annoying experiences with noticeable lag and annoying dropoffs. There was not one single LICK of lag while playing FF16 on the Portal.

Also its good to keep in mind regarding Wifi, I live in an apartment thats not super big and due to my work (Film director) I have the best Wifi that Xfinity offers. So in my case there shouldn’t be any lag at all. Your experiences may vary

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So this is pretty cool, I can play PS5 without being "locked away" in my office and have to hear bytching about that all the time....

But it really feels like this is missing shyt. I bet a Pro version comes out next year with bluetooth and PS Plus streaming capabilities.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ok so got a full 2 hour playthrough

Pros

-Plays super smooth. No lag whatsoever

-Easy simple setup. Took about 30 mins between powering it on, setting up Wifi, and connecting it to my PS5

-Screen is impressive. Game plays at full 1080p and cutscenes looked really nice on the 8inch LCD

-Haptic feedback and rumble is the exact same as on dualsense. Your literally missing nothing

-Sleek design, not too heavy

-responsive controls. Again feels just like using a dualsense

Cons

-Lack of bluetooth for most without standard wired headphones means listening from crappy speakers

-ergonomically, its kind of weird to hold. I feel like the spacing is just a tad too wide. I like to play laying on my back with my hands up while up looking at the screen propped on a pillow. This position cramped my wrists and made it hard at times to hold. It seems like Sony really wants you to either lay on your stomach and play or be sitting up and looking down, which I did for stretches but thats not my preferred method of playing.

Overall this device is EXACTLY what Sony has marketed it to be and not one OUNCE more. Its as barebones as it gets. Its for mirroring your PS5 over Wifi. Thats it. No surprises. And for that singular purpose, this is the best device i’ve ever used. I used my Vita to remote play Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core Reunion. All three times were very annoying experiences with noticeable lag and annoying dropoffs. There was not one single LICK of lag while playing FF16 on the Portal.

Also its good to keep in mind regarding Wifi, I live in an apartment thats not super big and due to my work (Film director) I have the best Wifi that Xfinity offers. So in my case there shouldn’t be any lag at all. Your experiences may vary
Mine just arrived to my door. This shyt is mad comfortable in the hands. Still waiting for the day 1 patch to finish, lol. Screen looks awesome tho.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
So this is pretty cool, I can play PS5 without being "locked away" in my office and have to hear bytching about that all the time....

But it really feels like this is missing shyt. I bet a Pro version comes out next year with bluetooth and PS Plus streaming capabilities.
I posted a quote last page, in an interview they have already talked about it being possible, hopefully they can just update it on this device but would not be surprised if they release another one. I do think a streaming on a device for them will happen eventually whether its this or a newer one