Playstation Portal Official Thread

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Im slow with this internet shyt

My download mbps is 226 and my upload is 197…… is that fine to run this joint?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Is it true that it doesn't include a browser? That means you can't sign in to many public Wifi locations as they required a web based sign-in. If true, Sony is gonna have to fix that in one of the first updates.
yeah like literally all public wifi nowadays you have to use a browser to authenticate lol so you can't even log into hotel wifi

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Reviews have been pretty good so far, only site who really isn't feeling it is Engadget, who highlighted what the Portal ISN'T more so than focusing on what it IS. They're REALLY appalled there's no bluetooth.

No bluetooth is insane, and I don't even think the material cost is that crazy where it impacts the margins not having it. Plus it could have been a bonus to help them sell headphones/earbuds along with this too.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
No bluetooth is insane, and I don't even think the material cost is that crazy where it impacts the margins not having it. Plus it could have been a bonus to help them sell headphones/earbuds along with this too.

They ARE selling headphones. $149 and $199 headphones that will only work through PS Link technology

Its Sony being Song. ALWAYS finding a way force people into their bullshyt proprietary garden. For PSP and Vita it was Memory Sticks instead of SD cards and now its PS Link instead of Bluetooth

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Is it true that it doesn't include a browser? That means you can't sign in to many public Wifi locations as they required a web based sign-in. If true, Sony is gonna have to fix that in one of the first updates.

Yea a couple of the reviews have called them out on EXACTLY that. No browser whatsoever and you can’t stream Youtube or Netflix even if you have it on your PS5.

Two things they’re GOING to have to fix very soon. Especially the browser issue

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yea a couple of the reviews have called them out on EXACTLY that. No browser whatsoever and you can’t stream Youtube or Netflix even if you have it on your PS5.

Two things they’re GOING to have to fix very soon. Especially the browser issue

They won't put a browser on there because they don't want people playing Xbox Gamepass games via the cloud. This will never have a browser :russ:

Horrible half ass product. The money they put into garbage ass VR could of been making this a real handheld which would of been crazy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They aren’t gonna put a browser on it cause that would open it up to streaming games from other services.

Would be the cheapest gamepass machine on the market :wow:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yup tablets have better resolutions as well then device but streaming is limited to 1080P.

I been a Sony guy since 96 and have a Ps5 but when I started reading into this it seemed stupid as shyt. Like might as well wait for this to flop and hit 99 bucks and maybe some Dev Community raises up that hacks this and opens it up for emulators and shyt like that

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Reviews have been pretty good so far, only site who really isn't feeling it is Engadget, who highlighted what the Portal ISN'T more so than focusing on what it IS. They're REALLY appalled there's no bluetooth.
can't lie, no bluetooth is headscratching.

I'll wait on the 2.0 version