PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Thank you MoshPit, considering your influence , your opinion on this goes a long way.
You're welcome "itwaswritten"
That’s you though you can’t say the same for millions of other pc users.
Yeah I'm only half trolling but I do fr want a game pass like service from them, I don't think selling old games at full price will work.

These corporations can keep playing around with gamers and consumers if they want !! Even Microsoft had to lean back and they got trillions.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're welcome "itwaswritten"

Yeah I'm only half trolling but I do fr want a game pass like service from them, I don't think selling old games at full price will work.

These corporations can keep playing around with gamers and consumers if they want !! Even Microsoft had to lean back and they got trillions.
Honestly I think Gamepass is a silent killer to the gaming industry. If this is popular the quality of games would diminish and you’re seeing it with Microsoft’s first party titles. Only way it makes sense to me is if 2 or 3 year old games that have already made sales. Or small indie games day and date. No AAA should be on a service like that day and date or within the first year or two depending on sales. Gaming survives off of the most revenue and profit you can make on hardware and software sales. Gamepass and a service like that can cannibilize it.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Honestly I think Gamepass is a silent killer to the gaming industry. If this is popular the quality of games would diminish and you’re seeing it with Microsoft’s first party titles. Only way it was to me is if 2 or 3 year old games that have already made sales. Or small indie games day and date. No AAA should be on a service like that day and date or within the first year or two depending on sales.
Majority of microsoft 1st party are some of the best games in their genre.

Every year Gamepass has multiple award winning games launch on the service.

Gamepass allows games to be more creative and risky as opposed to the bloated AAA games that are tanking the industry.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Majority of microsoft 1st party are some of the best games in their genre.

Every year Gamepass has multiple award winning games launch on the service.

Gamepass allows games to be more creative and risky as opposed to the bloated AAA games that are tanking the industry.
What games have been award winning on gamepass that are Microsoft first party sir? Since the release of SeriesX and Series S? That’s why I said indie games work because those are easy games to drop a bag on and put them on the service. But AAA like Halo, Gears or Fable shouldn’t be day and date if you care about sales for your ip.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What games have been award winning on gamepass that are Microsoft first party sir? Since the release of SeriesX and Series S? That’s why I said indie games work because those are easy games to drop a bag on and put them on the service. But AAA like Halo, Gears or Fable shouldn’t be day and date if you care about sales for your ip.
Halo, Forza Horizon, Pentiment, Sea of thieves, Starfield, hi fi rush, Psyconaughts.

3rd party there’s been. Lies of P, Coc00n, Wo long, Palworld, it takes two, amongst others.

The idea that the quality of a game is negatively effected by gamepass is just false :manny:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
This is gonna become the norm, them niccas should've striked like actors. You can already write decent gaming scripts with AI so think about when it gets good enough to code. You'll only need QA positions , or the top of the line devs, to make AAA titles.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russell: :russell: :russell:

:russell::russell::russell:.

Unless Sony offers a game pass like subscription service or heavily discount their shyt I'm not touching their catalogue if it comes to PC
Sony already offers a gamepass like service though.
It just doesn't have date and date releases but as far as feature set and what it does in practice
it's damn near identical to game pass.

I pay for it and use it but they're hardly different outside of like one or two things.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I think Gamepass is a silent killer to the gaming industry. If this is popular the quality of games would diminish and you’re seeing it with Microsoft’s first party titles. Only way it makes sense to me is if 2 or 3 year old games that have already made sales. Or small indie games day and date. No AAA should be on a service like that day and date or within the first year or two depending on sales. Gaming survives off of the most revenue and profit you can make on hardware and software sales. Gamepass and a service like that can cannibilize it.

This is false, and pretty much the opposite.

Fact of the matter is this would only be true for these 1st party 200-300 million dollar Sony games. But even that could be offset by then releasing on PC and PlayStation day one.

These 200, 300 million dollar games aren't sustainable. All it takes is one hard flop and it's over, In fact services like Gamepass and PSN protects these companies from that somewhat.

Consistently>>> big spikes of revenue.

Either Sony starts charging way more for certain titles or the quality of the games has to change, or be monetized or chopped up and served to you in parts.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Halo, Forza Horizon, Pentiment, Sea of thieves, Starfield, hi fi rush, Psyconaughts.

3rd party there’s been. Lies of P, Coc00n, Wo long, Palworld, it takes two, amongst others.

The idea that the quality of a game is negatively effected by gamepass is just false :manny:
If those sold well on Xbox do you think Microsoft would be looking at putting some of these games on Sony Consoles and Nintendo. And they probably have to drop a bag to put some of the the third party releases. Also they still need steam to generate sales for a lot of these 1st party titles that are on gamepass. Gamepass is having and issue bringin in new consumers. Steam and PlayStation consoles are growing in user base. Where gamepass isn’t growing to these levels.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Releasing day one on PC would be a grave mistake for Sony. Let's look at the results so far.

The biggest selling Sony title in PC is Horizon FW. With each subsequent PC release the sales numbers have gone down. (Helldivers 2 being the exception)

If you want an example of day and date on PC look at what it did for Xbox. Didn't really move the needle.