PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stan profit margins, brehs
People post threads on this forum all the time boasting about all the copies Sony games sell and all the systems they sell and it all leads to them cutting employees and canceling projects. The profit margins are why even as you downplay them.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
People post threads on this forum all the time boasting about all the copies Sony games sell and all the systems they sell and it all leads to them cutting employees and canceling projects. The profit margins are why even as you downplay them.
Nintendo has told all of us that nobody else is like them. They sell 20 million copies at full price. That's why I went after Horizon Zero Dawn. I love the game, beat both of them but those numbers behind the sales were fugazi. Anyone can sell 20 million copies of something when you discount it down to the selling price of those Xbox 360 Burger King games. They weren't making a lot of profit on this series. Playstation means more to Sony than Xbox does to Microsoft in terms of today and sustainability of day to day operations. Record revenue means nothing if record expenses is what is spend to achieve the revenue.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nintendo has told all of us that nobody else is like them. They sell 20 million copies at full price. That's why I went after Horizon Zero Dawn. I love the game, beat both of them but those numbers behind the sales were fugazi. Anyone can sell 20 million copies of something when you discount it down to the selling price of those Xbox 360 Burger King games. They weren't making a lot of profit on this series. Playstation means more to Sony than Xbox does to Microsoft in terms of today and sustainability of day to day operations. Record revenue means nothing if record expenses is what is spend to achieve the revenue.
I think it begs the question if the market leader is so successful and they're selling all these copies and systems what the hell do they have to do to not have to lay people off and cancel all these projects? How much more can they do other than be the market leader?

People clown Xbox for being on other platforms but even now a decent chunk of the division is business done on other platforms. They're also in distant 3rd so when they lay people off it's an indictment on their failures. What are Sony's layoffs an indictment on?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think it begs the question if the market leader is so successful and they're selling all these copies and systems what the hell do they have to do to not have to lay people off and cancel all these projects? How much more can they do other than be the market leader?

People clown Xbox for being on other platforms but even now a decent chunk of the division is business done on other platforms. They're also in distant 3rd so when they lay people off it's an indictment on their failures. What are Sony's layoffs an indictment on?
It shows the business model is broken. Microsoft had to change first and more drastically due to their market position and their money reserves.

Sony tried to hold on a bit longer cause they are the market leader. But at some point they’ve ultimately reached the same conclusion. The “high end” console market as it is currently constructed is not sustainable. They’ve raised prices and sold as much DLC as people are willing to stomach. They either need to grow the market or tap into other markets in order to continue.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure that's cool in theory but what games are they even offering? Old Same man 2?

They can keep that weak ass shyt.
If I was them I would launch Ghost of Tshuima, God of War Ragnorok, Gran turismo 7, and Demon Souls all on the Sony PC store front along with the other titles they’ve already released and drop a big exclusive on it day and date like the new sci fi ip naughty dog is working on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If I was them I would launch Ghost of Tshuima, God of War Ragnorok, Gran turismo 7, and Demon Souls all on the Sony PC store front along with the other titles they’ve already released and drop a big exclusive on it day and date like the new sci fi ip naughty dog is working on.
Yup and some subscription stuff too.

They are leaving all types of money on the table by trying to sell as many consoles as possible.

I think that’s gonna change soon. CEO and President been talking. I expect their PC plans to ramp up fairly quickly.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They are leaving all types of money on the table by trying to sell as many consoles as possible.

I think that’s gonna change soon. CEO and President been talking. I expect their PC plans to ramp up fairly quickly.
It’s probably changing as we speak. CEO already said he wants to take an aggressive approach to pc gaming.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
:russell: :russell: :russell:

:russell::russell::russell:.

Unless Sony offers a game pass like subscription service or heavily discount their shyt I'm not touching their catalogue if it comes to PC