PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The lack of concerned trolling in this thread by certain individuals is... concerning :mjpls:
Looking for some of this energy in here.

What a scumbaggy company :dahell:

Disgusting company :scust:

Yall will explain any fukkshyt away, huh? :francis:

:ufdup: How can they even justify this shyt after all those acquisitions

Cancel that blizzard deal if you broke

Maybe consolidation of the tech and gaming industry is bad? :patrice:

The $80 billion that they are trying to pay for ActiBlizz and ChatGPT could pay those employees over $130k per year…for the next 60 years.

Trash ass company.

“There is a recession that may be coming… so let’s go ahead and fire people to better ensure that the recession does come…”
:huh:

But you buy a whole publisher that's only really known for 1 game now.....

:childplease:

Thank you

I don’t understand how anyone can begin to defend this

Sony would never

:mjlol: Thrash ass shyt
cant wait till they leave the console bidness
I want M$ dikk in da dirt :demonic:

Americans love coming up with excuses for corporations and their disgusting bullshyt. Pure brainwashing.

shyt's disgusting.

the juelzin and deflection is incredible.

the biggest problem with this situation is the fact of them paying 69 billion for Activision and 7 for Zenimax but turning around and canning 10k heads. That's the issue they can't seem to understand. Looks REAL shytty

Nope, it's 100% how goofy they look laying off all those people after paying what they are for ActiBlizzard.

Leadership been clowns there.

Just no sense of awareness. Throwing expensive fukkin private parties for Sting and shyt and then laying off all those people the next day:mjlol:

Stop deflecting and capin for these clowns.

A lot of actual devs are losing jobs, and this is going to continue for 3 months. Its a big deal which is why if you’re an xbox stan i don’t understand why you would try to handwave it away

If anything, this should show people that Microsoft is not in the business to lose money. They will cut and discard anything not pulling its weight despite how much money the company is making.

They some clowns forreal

Good guy phil and Ms done tricked everybody

Finessed.

Don't believe these suits.

They ruin EVERYTHING.

This shyt is out of control

Edit—- part of the original 1900

Can’t find it tho :patrice:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Layoffs are unfortunately part of the deal. This is the cold blooded shyt though.

Yeah this is nasty work right here. It's truly insane that Insomniac suffered layoffs when they just released a 10 million plus seller and have essentially carried this PS5 generation on their back. This current AAA landscape is not it.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Jim Ryan's memo

Team,

It is important to provide you with updates about the business as often as possible. Today, I am writing with sad news. Through discussions over the past few months about the evolving economic landscape, changes in the way we develop, distribute, and launch products, and ensuring our organization is future ready in this rapidly changing industry, we have concluded that tough decisions have become inevitable. The leadership team and I made the incredibly difficult decision to restructure operations, which regrettably includes a reduction in our workforce impacting very talented individuals who have contributed to our success.

After careful consideration and many leadership discussions over several months, it has become clear changes need to be made to continue to grow the business and develop the company. We had to step back, look at our business holistically, and move forward focusing on the long-term sustainability of the company and delivering the best experiences possible for our community. The goal is to streamline our resources to ensure our continued success and ability to deliver experiences gamers and creators have come to expect from us.

I want to be as transparent as possible with you, our partners, and our community about what this means:

We envision reducing our headcount by about 900 people, or about 8% of our current workforce

There will be impact for employees across all SIE regions – Americas, EMEA, Japan, and APAC

Several PlayStation Studios are affected

I know that receiving this news will be hard and unsettling and you are wondering what this means for you. Timelines and procedures for how we approach this will vary based on your location due to local laws and regulations.

For those of you in the US, all impacted employees will be notified today.

In the UK, it is proposed:

That PlayStation Studios' London Studio will close in its entirety;

That there will be reductions in Firesprite studio;

And that there will be reductions in various functions across SIE in the UK.

The proposed changes mean that we will enter a period of collective consultation before any final decisions are taken. All employees who are part of the collective consultation will be made aware of the next steps today.

In Japan, we will implement a next career support program. Details will be communicated separately.

In other countries, we will begin conversations with those who are potentially at risk or impacted as a result of this proposed course of action.

For those who will be leaving SIE: You are leaving this company with our deepest respect and appreciation for all your efforts during your tenure.

For those who will be staying at SIE: We will be saying goodbye to friends and colleagues that we cherish during this process, and this will be painful. Your resilience, sensitivity, and adaptiveness will be critical in the weeks and months to come.

This will not be easy, and I am aware of the impact it will have on wellbeing. Affected employees will receive support, including severance benefits. While these are challenging times, it is not indicative of a lack of strength of our company, our brand, or our industry. Our goal is to remain agile and adaptable and to continue to focus on delivering the best gaming experiences possible now and in the future.

Thank you for your understanding during this difficult period. Please be kind to yourselves and to each other.

Jim
AI probably wrote this shyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Only 300 people less than MS while being the dominant market leader, wonder if the energy will be the same:mjpls:
I'm waiting for the people that blasted Microsoft to come out and blast this just the same. Where's Sony's $70ish billion dollar merger to justify this?