PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
All this tells me is that I'm correct in moving most of my purchases to Steam forever more now. Companies are going to always make computers. Companies outside of Nintendo will not always make consoles. The sales of the ps5 plus their market share still has them laying people off. In neon lights, what they are screaming is that what is happening now isn't sustainable and it's for the department that props up the company as a whole.

I doubt these will be the only cuts from them. It's going to be a PC/Nintendo future.
I'm a PC guy, but doom n gloom about consoles is too much. There will always be a market for them. Issue is what will the games look like moving forward? And what will be the incentive for owning a console?

Reason Sony is doing so bad is because their film franchises is tanking hard and they have no respect for the spiderman IP.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Should have spent more time on new IP instead of remaking TLOU/2 for the 80th time.
:stopitslime:
Didn’t even fukking give us an online mode but instead just tacked on the half/-assed No Return which is already collecting dust.

More focused on making gay love stories for HBO instead of giving gamers what they want.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Sony trash as fukk for this.

bytch ass companies quick to lay off as soon as their profits take even the slightest hit. Stupid as fukk. How about reduce the salaries of the executives or lay their assets off???
It ain't the job of the company to make sure everyone holds onto their position forever breh, layoffs aren't new, if you working for a company with no type of legal protection or backup plan against layoffs you just gonna learn your lesson the hard way eventually, everyone's seen it happen to other companies and yet they still let themselves get comfortable and think "it ain't gon happen to me"

:ufdup: all these people are gonna be mad and punching the air but I bet the next job they get they'll make sure they taking better care of themselves instead of trusting a mega company that's clearly just focused on business.

The only people who truly got boned imo were the ones close to retirement, and the ones who JUST got in after racking up a ton of college debt. Everyone else in the middle had no business trusting a huge company long term like that :yeshrug: you already know what they're gonna do when push comes to shove. Gotta be prepared to swing back when life punches you in the face

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm a PC guy, but doom n gloom about consoles is too much. There will always be a market for them. Issue is what will the games look like moving forward? And what will be the incentive for owning a console?

Reason Sony is doing so bad is because their film franchises is tanking hard and they have no respect for the spiderman IP.
Yes, there will always be a market for consoles but at what size and cost? I knew that the winds of change was at hand when my teenager asked for a pc instead of an xsx or Ps5. I'm going to get my 9 year old an xsx this year for his room but I imagine I'll be getting him a pc in due time too.

What is Sony's current roadmap for games? No punchline here. Their output has been below their standards this generation because it costs money to put these games out. The bangers as people would say. They aren't growing now, their actions are to stave off threats but they aren't in the best position to do it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land