PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
It's why phones and pcs are largely not affected. There is simply more utility to a phone or pc than a console. Those are true multimedia devices while consoles fall short of that level of multi-faceted use.

There are many places across the world where you will find that consoles are not big but PC gaming is.

50-Years-of-Video-Game-Revenue-Dec-31.jpg

When I saw this, I realized that consoles weren't as big as I previously had thought. 30 Billion isn't crumbs but I understand why Microsoft shoulder shrugs on consoles now and why the regulators focusing on Call of Duty was so stupid. They cared about the mobile side of Activision first. Ever since they went day and date on PC, they effectively took themselves out of the console market share discussion. PC gaming is 1.5 times larger than console gaming and mobile dwarfs both of them out together.

This is why I'm Team Steam again. I'm a PC gamer that has preferred Microsoft because their DNA is PC oriented basically. I've already moved games over to pc this year. Was going to get Sand Land on XSX, canceled that and prepurchased on Steam. I was going to get Sea of Stars physical on XSX, canceled that and bought on Steam. I'm going to get the digitals of Microsoft's games through them for crossplay but virtually everything else is on Steam now except for sports games which I'll get digital and special editions of games which will still be physicals.

Microsoft spoke loud and clear to me when they had that meeting about games moving to other platforms. I view PC as the most sustainable going forward. The economics point this way.

Plus PC is becoming so popular now. It is not a rich man hobby like it use to be when I was growing up. My son and his friends shyt even the street nikkas are all building PCs. I think GTA V sped up the process of PC gaming but it’s so much better. You can utilize different screens different processors GPUs etc..

I am happy gaming is going that way again. Console gaming as a whole held gaming back generations to be honest and I hope this reversal will speed up gaming innovation

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
If we all transitioned to pc wouldn’t that just make it more expensive than consoles

Daps
First we went from "game pass isn't sustainable!!"

Now "AAA gaming isn't sustainable!!!"

That's gonna be the justification for 100$ games next gen. (Maybe sooner than later with GTA)
Honestly they have to charge more for the math to make sense.

Games are wayyyyy more complex and the costs to produce a legit AAA title have skyrocketed while price charged to consumers hasn't moved much.

$50 for a new game in the late 90s or early 00s. New game price has gone up 40% but the game dev costs are like 100x more expensive.

Honestly they probably need to charge quite a bit more, especially for the huge sprawling RPG type games where you can easily put in 200+ hrs. Problem is if they charge what the games are actually worth.......the backlash would be nuts. Millenials and Gen X gamers have the $$$$ but Gen Z and Gen Alpha ain't paying $99.99 for a new base game.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Honestly they have to charge more for the math to make sense.

Games are wayyyyy more complex and the costs to produce a legit AAA title have skyrocketed while price charged to consumers hasn't moved much.

$50 for a new game in the late 90s or early 00s. New game price has gone up 40% but the game dev costs are like 100x more expensive.

Honestly they probably need to charge quite a bit more, especially for the huge sprawling RPG type games where you can easily put in 200+ hrs. Problem is if they charge what the games are actually worth.......the backlash would be nuts. Millenials and Gen X gamers have the $$$$ but Gen Z and Gen Alpha ain't paying $99.99 for a new base game.
What game that recently came out supposed to be worth 100 dollars

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What does this mean for the casual gamer like myself? :patrice:

Everyone is rich and can afford a 1500+ PC (and upgrades over the next 2-3 years). Consoles are obsolete. No console after PS2 has mattered.

Sony is dead and 90% of folks in here anticipated it back in 2010 or some shyt.

:yeshrug:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Everyone is rich and can afford a 1500+ PC (and upgrades over the next 2-3 years). Consoles are obsolete. No console after PS2 has mattered.

:dead:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

I really don’t see pc gaming taking off like that
I feel like Microsoft and Sony will release they own handhelds and probably don’t produce as many consoles

That way they wouldn’t lose money on the production of consoles

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah

I bought my teenager one last year for Christmas. Didn't want a Ps5 or xsx even though he has a ps4 and xb1.

Gaming world is different from when we grew up breh.

I think that’s anecdotal

I just don’t see the west giving up on consoles, I highly doubt people in the west got the know how to really research how to build pcs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Now quote the posts that say anything remotely like this?? :ehh: