PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Loud and wrong. Working with incredible incorrect info. Not one word you typed is true or factual.

Reality is PC gaming is and has been bigger than console gaming for over 2 decades in a row.

PC has singular games than are bigger than entire console playerbases

More people will log into League of Legends today than people will turn on their playstation 5 and xbox combined

Your post wouldnt even make sense in 2004, the fact its 2024 and you still believe this just shows how incredibly retarded and out of touch some posters and console stans are on here
Shout out to my pre-Steam Counter-Strike nikkas :wow:

Big up to my Unreal Tournament 1 nikkas :wow:

Can't forget about my Quake 2 nikkas. What up doe! :myman:

PC been on top :whoo:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Government jobs are stable....office shutdown you get transferred. They will freeze hiring, speed up retirements and get rid of contractors...but that's it. Only government workers that may get laid off are customers service oriented, but you safe in ya in an office.

These supposedly highly skilled workers choose a private sector business and knew the consequences. They probably like the break rooms and cafeterias with free food which the government doesn't do.
Yeah, I jumped ship to the government during COVID out of tech industry after a restructure of leadership and getting laid off.

I still get calls and offers from the private sector even with all the lay offs going on with very nice numbers. But I'm locked in for the end game, comfort and stability at this point.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy shyt......................:whoo::leon: :huhldup::picard:

Screenshot-20240227-174656.png

Screenshot-20240227-174706.png
Ho ass nikka shed tears on the TGAs when his baby daddy Kojima was beefing with Konami tho.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol:

I agree that Sony is moving bad. But your first sentence is hilarious.
They are averaging almost one studio closure a year over the last decade.

They have canceled every project that isn’t a sure fire AAA cinematic blockbuster. Purged almost 80k employees. Crunch work conditions, and bad severance pay if any when they drop employees. Toxic culture at some of their best studios.

Imagine if they didn’t have legions of you stan’s to run defense :wow:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
They are averaging almost one studio closure a year over the last decade.

They have canceled every project that isn’t a sure fire AAA cinematic blockbuster. Purged almost 80k employees. Crunch work conditions, and bad severance pay if any when they drop employees. Toxic culture at some of their best studios.

Imagine if they didn’t have legions of you stan’s to run defense :wow:
I would say Microsoft is also as bad but what would it achieve?

Nothing.

I still can't get over Jim Ryan having a leaving do at London Studios and firing them by email days later. That's some cold blooded shyt

Imagine. Jim saying remember that leaving party we had last week? Well, that was for all of us

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I would say Microsoft is also as bad but what would it achieve?

Nothing.

I still can't get over Jim Ryan having a leaving do at London Studios and firing them by email days later. That's some cold blooded shyt

Imagine. Jim saying remember that leaving party we had last week? Well, that was for all of us
I’m not the one that tries to apply morals and feel good story’s to these corporations.

Microsoft didn’t get to be the richest company in the world by NOT making shrewd business moves. They don’t do ANYTHING that doesn’t make them money. That’s how business works. It’s not “bad” imo. Its capitalism, same goes for Sony, EA, Tencent, and everyone else.

Thing is, Microsoft’s money reserves allow them to be a little less shrewd than other companies. They can do things like gamepass, unions for workers, passion projects like Pentiment and Hifi rush, etc.

But if you check the online discourse you would think it’s all microsoft shytting on workers, canceling games, and closing studios. And sony is this righteous “for the gamers” company that does everything morally correct.

Even the games media was totally up in arms about the microsoft layoffs. Think pieces and cac tweets galore. The response to sony layoffs were comparatively very muted. Good guy sony always gets a pass. :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Apparently firesprite was a mess.

Not surprising, Tech bros are some nasty m’fers :smh:

Sony has committed the worst possible mistake in buying a studio and meddling to the point where it may end up in a death spiral and unable to complete any of the projects it is working on."

:huhldup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Apparently firesprite was a mess.

Not surprising, Tech bros are some nasty m’fers :smh:

:huhldup:
Wonder why consolidation haters and dev advocates aren’t having such a visceral reaction to this news.

@gurf @Gizmo_Duck @Dorian Breh @levitate

Y’all not outraged? Y’all don’t want regulators to step in? Why aren’t yall “reporting the news” anymore.

Weird :jbhmm: