PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those losers need to get a life.
Naw she’s not a twitter loser

I’m sure the suits made here delete her shyt cause they need geoff. But she was 100% correct. And she’s been outspoken about dev issues, especially black ones.

Protect black women :mjpls:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Things we need to understand about the console market is that it isn't growing and really hasn't in about 20 years. The record for highest selling console has stood for nearly 18 years with the PS2.

Think about it this way. In terms of AAA development.

ConsoleConsoles soldDevelopment Costs average per gameAverage cost of gameNet profit on hypothetical 2 million copies sold
PS1102M1.5M49.9998.48M
PS2155M6M49.9993.98M
PS387M20M59.9999.98M
PS4115M100M59.9919.98M
PS5100M *150M69.99(10.20)M

The economics say that this isn't sustainable. Console market hasn't grown for Sony outside of the unicorn that was the PS2. Costs of games have skyrocketed but the amount of gamers purchasing hasn't. Sony has been screaming for years that what they have isn't enough.

Day and date from everyone to all devices coming to a console and pc near you soon.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Naw she’s not a twitter loser

I’m sure the suits made here delete her shyt cause they need geoff. But she was 100% correct. And she’s been outspoken about dev issues, especially black ones.

Protect black women :mjpls:
He is just an entertainment figure, not some fighter for the rights of devs or whatever the fukk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He is just an entertainment figure, not some fighter for the rights of devs or whatever the fukk.
If he’s gonna make a living off the work of the devs, then why shouldn’t he be an advocate for their plight?

He’s the perfect “fun” face the publishers and suits use to hide and justify their fukkery to the masses. Literally their corporate shill.

It’s not surprising devs don’t fukk with that dude :manny:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Things we need to understand about the console market is that it isn't growing and really hasn't in about 20 years. The record for highest selling console has stood for nearly 18 years with the PS2.

Think about it this way. In terms of AAA development.

ConsoleConsoles soldDevelopment Costs average per gameAverage cost of gameNet profit on hypothetical 2 million copies sold
PS1102M1.5M49.9998.48M
PS2155M6M49.9993.98M
PS387M20M59.9999.98M
PS4115M100M59.9919.98M
PS5100M *150M69.99(10.20)M

The economics say that this isn't sustainable. Console market hasn't grown for Sony outside of the unicorn that was the PS2. Costs of games have skyrocketed but the amount of gamers purchasing hasn't. Sony has been screaming for years that what they have isn't enough.

Day and date from everyone to all devices coming to a console and pc near you soon.

Console sales been a facade. PS2 sells were ridiculous due to the DVD. In this generation, people have the ability to use other outlets besides a set box. Cable box is dying and you think a peasant console to a TV is not.

Microsoft and Nintendo were smart. Sony just the last to notice it and it might hurt the company long term. PS6 could possibly be the last console from them.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
First we went from "game pass isn't sustainable!!"

Now "AAA gaming isn't sustainable!!!"

That's gonna be the justification for 100$ games next gen. (Maybe sooner than later with GTA)

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I think it’s a good thing if all games going to all platforms

The question is who really going to go hard with hardware to attract customers, that probably opens the door for another competitor to release some hardware

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Console sales been a facade. PS2 sells were ridiculous due to the DVD. In this generation, people have the ability to use other outlets besides a set box. Cable box is dying and you think a peasant console to a TV is not.

Microsoft and Nintendo were smart. Sony just the last to notice it and it might hurt the company long term. PS6 could possibly be the last console from them.
It's why phones and pcs are largely not affected. There is simply more utility to a phone or pc than a console. Those are true multimedia devices while consoles fall short of that level of multi-faceted use.

There are many places across the world where you will find that consoles are not big but PC gaming is.

50-Years-of-Video-Game-Revenue-Dec-31.jpg

When I saw this, I realized that consoles weren't as big as I previously had thought. 30 Billion isn't crumbs but I understand why Microsoft shoulder shrugs on consoles now and why the regulators focusing on Call of Duty was so stupid. They cared about the mobile side of Activision first. Ever since they went day and date on PC, they effectively took themselves out of the console market share discussion. PC gaming is 1.5 times larger than console gaming and mobile dwarfs both of them out together.

This is why I'm Team Steam again. I'm a PC gamer that has preferred Microsoft because their DNA is PC oriented basically. I've already moved games over to pc this year. Was going to get Sand Land on XSX, canceled that and prepurchased on Steam. I was going to get Sea of Stars physical on XSX, canceled that and bought on Steam. I'm going to get the digitals of Microsoft's games through them for crossplay but virtually everything else is on Steam now except for sports games which I'll get digital and special editions of games which will still be physicals.

Microsoft spoke loud and clear to me when they had that meeting about games moving to other platforms. I view PC as the most sustainable going forward. The economics point this way.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
It's why phones and pcs are largely not affected. There is simply more utility to a phone or pc than a console. Those are true multimedia devices while consoles fall short of that level of multi-faceted use.

There are many places across the world where you will find that consoles are not big but PC gaming is.

50-Years-of-Video-Game-Revenue-Dec-31.jpg

When I saw this, I realized that consoles weren't as big as I previously had thought. 30 Billion isn't crumbs but I understand why Microsoft shoulder shrugs on consoles now and why the regulators focusing on Call of Duty was so stupid. They cared about the mobile side of Activision first. Ever since they went day and date on PC, they effectively took themselves out of the console market share discussion. PC gaming is 1.5 times larger than console gaming and mobile dwarfs both of them out together.

This is why I'm Team Steam again. I'm a PC gamer that has preferred Microsoft because their DNA is PC oriented basically. I've already moved games over to pc this year. Was going to get Sand Land on XSX, canceled that and prepurchased on Steam. I was going to get Sea of Stars physical on XSX, canceled that and bought on Steam. I'm going to get the digitals of Microsoft's games through them for crossplay but virtually everything else is on Steam now except for sports games which I'll get digital and special editions of games which will still be physicals.

Microsoft spoke loud and clear to me when they had that meeting about games moving to other platforms. I view PC as the most sustainable going forward. The economics point this way.
Some of us been saying this for a while, however not explicitly the piece about console sales, but just in general the different goals for MS and Sony.

Other than the convenience of having a console and a big screen tv, which has just recently been solved by steamdeck, legion go, rog, etc…there’s no point in a console. Don’t get me started on the beloved exclusives

I have every system, gamepass, ps+, and have 2 boys guess what they would rather play on and want more than anything else? They 100% only care about iPad, rarely use either system, they even bushed their switches. Both want a pc when they already have everything else but couldn’t care less :mjtf: :hhh:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
If he’s gonna make a living off the work of the devs, then why shouldn’t he be an advocate for their plight?

He’s the perfect “fun” face the publishers and suits use to hide and justify their fukkery to the masses. Literally their corporate shill.

It’s not surprising devs don’t fukk with that dude :manny:
Because is not his job? Like do people think that if he says in the gamr awards " guys please don't fire more people?" They are gonna stop? Everyone watching that thing know about the layoffs and don't give two shyts, the sony stans here are ignoring this shyt while preorderin FF7, the MS stans are...well theres nothing but I'm sure the'll preorder Indy as soon as they can.

Outside of some forum post calling the companies scumbags people don't care, and never will.