Playstation Getting Heavy Into That Accessory/Hardware Game (PS5 Pro, Streaming Handheld)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I get that about software.

But nintendo sells a bunch little shyt like labo and the toys in shyt. It lets them make even more profit on every unit sold.

Seems that’s Sonys goal here. They sell the PS5 at cost to get people hooked. Then offer a bunch of add ons to actually make a profit on those people.

They've done that with all of their consoles though. Pretty common practice. Get em in the ecosystem and profit on the games sold and accessories. That's why you always see them talk about how much software they sold because they get a 30% cut of the price for non 1st party software.

Thought everyone knew this. :yeshrug: Yeah the price will go down on hardware, but the software sales and accessories money >>>>.

You are right in the fact that Nintendo goes overboard because they really don't reduce their hardware prices during it's lifecycle. At least MS and Sony do.

One of the main reasons I :pacspit: Nintendo.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Like @MeachTheMonster said...we all we got. :wow:
Let's kick the ballistics....ain't no games made for xbox!
InexperiencedDishonestBellsnake-max-1mb.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They've done that with all of their consoles though. Pretty common practice. Get em in the ecosystem and profit on the games sold and accessories. That's why you always see them talk about how much software they sold because they get a 30% cut of the price for non 1st party software.

Thought everyone knew this. :yeshrug: Yeah the price will go down on hardware, but the software sales and accessories money >>>>.

You are right in the fact that Nintendo goes overboard because they really don't reduce their hardware prices during it's lifecycle. At least MS and Sony do.

One of the main reasons I :pacspit: Nintendo.
Sony usualy doesn’t do it with hardware add ons.

All of this rumored hardware requires a PS5 to work.

It’s not like in the past where they had the vita or the vita tv or whatever that was called.

This time the items are specifically tethered to the PS5

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony usualy doesn’t do it with hardware add ons.

All of this rumored hardware requires a PS5 to work.

It’s not like in the past where they had the vita or the vita tv or whatever that was called.

This time the items are specifically tethered to the PS5

this "alleged" streaming thing sounds cheeks tho. don't see how it can be successful unless really cheap.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
this "alleged" streaming thing sounds cheeks tho. don't see how it can be successful unless really cheap.
Rumors be stupid.

Must be something missing. Can’t see a PS5 tethered handheld being appealing to lots of people unless like you said it’s cheap as fukk. But that won’t happen cause sony gotta make money off it. It’s not like a PS5 where they will recoup the cost through software sales. The 8 inch screen and battery will cost more than $100 alone.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rumors be stupid.

Must be something missing. Can’t see a PS5 tethered handheld being appealing to lots of people unless like you said it’s cheap as fukk. But that won’t happen cause sony gotta make money off it. It’s not like a PS5 where they will recoup the cost through software sales. The 8 inch screen and battery will cost more than $100 alone.

Unless you got a Switch, people would rather use their phones.

shyt, my oldest plays COD Mobile on his phone. I don't get this alleged bullshyt. But again, this is a rumor.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Unless you got a Switch, people would rather use their phones.

shyt, my oldest plays COD Mobile on his phone. I don't get this alleged bullshyt. But again, this is a rumor.
They would sell hella games if they had something like Xcloud where people could just play wherever they are like xcloud.

Spider-man on Iphone/ipad would do crazy numbers.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They would sell hella games if they had something like Xcloud where people could just play wherever they are like xcloud.

Spider-man on Iphone/ipad would do crazy numbers.

You already can with remote play. Been out for years too (ps now)

just marketed like shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You already can with remote play. Been out for years too (ps now)

just marketed like shyt.
I’m talking about without the need for a PS5.

Some of sony’s games like spiderman and tlou transcend gaming.

“Gamers” are gonna buy a PS5. But the millions of non gamers watching TLOU, Spider-man on tv would definitely throw some money at streaming those games without buying dedicated hardware.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Literally been using it almost exclusively for the past 3 weeks

I'm tryin to see if you can play without remote play now though.

Just buy a PS Plus sub and play on your mobile phone or Windows PC.

edit: What you said @MeachTheMonster in the post before this.

With PS Now, you didn't need to have a Playstation.