Playstation Getting Heavy Into That Accessory/Hardware Game (PS5 Pro, Streaming Handheld)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why anyone would go for this over a Steamdeck, which can stream everything I have no idea :yeshrug:

Only reason i can think of is if its cheap, like 150 bucks. Otherwise you’re better off just buying a backbone. No one wants a dedicated always online streaming handheld.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the handheld is just a remote play device, theres nothing to even support. it’s going to just stream whatever’s on the ps5 like your phone, the only thing that will likely make it unique are dualsense features
i imagine you could access their subscription service on it too

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only reason i can think of is if its cheap, like 150 bucks. Otherwise you’re better off just buying a backbone. No one wants a dedicated always online streaming handheld.
I'm trying to understand how they will market this price wise because a backbone is $99 and everyone has a phone already to do what this handheld will do. So it has to really stand out and still be much cheaper than dedicated portable hardware. $200~229 MAX.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I doubt it'll be that cheap, even that MS backed streaming handheld was $300 wasn't it? We talking about Sony here :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm cool on streaming games.
Neither vita, xcloud, ps remote play, none of that has ever worked for me the way other people claim it does.
I've done it with the Fios gig connection on different computers, phones, etc. and I've never gotten a smooth experience.
It always had noticeable input delay and sub par resolution.

A PS5 with a detachable disc drives sounds like a flop out the gate to me.

It feels like Sony is just responding to the pandemic and everything after it like "Well....things have been rough...let's hurry up and roll out the rest of the SKUs and get this PS6 out ASAP."

Let the PS5 and Series X generation cook for a while longer.
We haven't even gotten to the point of mass stock availability.

I'm not trying to fight against progress. I'm against them rushing things for no reason and being out of touch with the climate.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
yea if anything it’s definitely for ps plus. outside of the set tops that shyt is only on pc right now

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm trying to understand how they will market this price wise because a backbone is $99 and everyone has a phone already to do what this handheld will do. So it has to really stand out and still be much cheaper than dedicated portable hardware. $200~229 MAX.
False.
Sony is going to release it for $300.
Watch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I doubt it'll be that cheap, even that MS backed streaming handheld was $300 wasn't it? We talking about Sony here :mjlol:

Well, thats Logitech, they can’t loss lead on it with software even though they had the Xbox branding. I’m assuming Sony’s true motivation for this is selling software and subscriptions through it. 300 is DOA

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i will also go out on a limb and say i don’t really believe Tom Henderson here. I don’t see sony dropping this supposed detachable disc ps5 this fall and a pro model next year and a streaming handheld inbetween.

But again, if he’s right in for a Pro model at 700

I will also say im glad that the rumored handheld is a streaming device so everyone can largely ignore it instead of hyping up another vita failure that will waste development time of first party studios again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The PS5 Pro is such a silly idea. They literally just got PS5 supply under control. If it did come out it would just be a product that exist not for a market need but simply to sell enthusiast something.

And whats wrong with that?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And whats wrong with that?
The whole point of a console is standardization. Don't do the same dumb stuff Microsoft does and needlessly fragment the install base just to sell a needless product at a price.

If developers are pushing the hardware to the limits and need more headroom then yeah but other than that just keep a standard product that preforms at a base level.