Playstation Getting Heavy Into That Accessory/Hardware Game (PS5 Pro, Streaming Handheld)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The whole point of a console is standardization. Don't do the same dumb stuff Microsoft does and needlessly fragment the install base just to sell a needless product at a price.

If developers are pushing the hardware to the limits and need more headroom then yeah but other than that just keep a standard product that preforms at a base level.

It doesn’t really take much more extra work to unlock the frame rate and maybe include a DLSS option for resolution scaling. We’ve already seen some games struggling on current gen hardware, like Plague Tale.

By the time actual PS5 games come out all that Ray Tracing stuff is over with.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If I cant watch pregnant big black areola pr0n I dont want it:camby:
ScholarlyDeepEyra-size_restricted.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nintendo probably the only ones who could get away with this sadly :dead:

Just waiting on dat pro.....can hand my OG PS5 down to the kids. :pachaha:
I have 3 PS5s in my house already...I doubt I'll get the pro this time around.
What they gonna do? Lie to me about ray tracing and 20 more frames a second?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony trying to cash in on that hardware ala nintendo.

Selling PS5 at or near cost, they gotta cash in on that and sell a bunch of accessories and upgrades.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony trying to cash in on that hardware ala nintendo.

Selling PS5 at or near cost, they gotta cash in on that and sell a bunch of accessories and upgrades.

that's been the strategy forever though with console manufacturers. That 30% commission fee on games is where the bread is at other than accessories.

Nintendo started that 30% royalty shyt.

They've always been dikkheads...games did not have to be that high in the 90s. Prices are still more expensive back then vs today with their games. Ridiculous.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that's been the strategy forever though with console manufacturers. That 30% commission fee on games is where the bread is at other than accessories.

Nintendo started that 30% royalty shyt.

They've always been dikkheads...games did not have to be that high in the 90s. Prices are still more expensive back then vs today with their games. Ridiculous.

I get that about software.

But nintendo sells a bunch little shyt like labo and the toys in shyt. It lets them make even more profit on every unit sold.

Seems that’s Sonys goal here. They sell the PS5 at cost to get people hooked. Then offer a bunch of add ons to actually make a profit on those people.