Playstation 5 release year 2018????????

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's ahead now but what about the people who will convert over to Xbox or who buys a 4K tv this season? Game sales mean a lot which is why you have both companies battling for exclusive timed content but that shyt won't matter for Sony if the competition is pushing out 4K 60FPS.

Agree to an extent, but people owning 4k sets are still in the extreme minority and the mass gamers do not care. They see the sticker price and most say they are good with the OG versions. And while exclusives do help, the cats who buy Madden/2k/GTA are still overwhelmingly buying the cheaper versions of the current gen consoles.

If it looks good enough, they don't care. The sales prove this.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
I was gonna finally switch to Xbox with the Scorpio but if this is true... :wow:

Y'all whining like PS4 won't still be on shelves for the broke bois

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Agree to an extent, but people owning 4k sets are still in the extreme minority and the mass gamers do not care. They see the sticker price and most say they are good with the OG versions. And while exclusives do help, the cats who buy Madden/2k/GTA are still overwhelmingly buying the cheaper versions of the current gen consoles.

If it looks good enough, they don't care. The sales prove this.

Y'all keep saying 4K is in miniority when it is growing fast as hell probably quicker than 1080P. You have television networks pushing 4K content now and Netflix etc... shyt is the future and according to statistics Black Friday Christmas holiday season will be 70 plus percent 4K televisions sold when combined with other television content. 2019 in America alone 4K will be in 35 plus percent of American homes

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Y'all keep saying 4K is in miniority when it is growing fast as hell probably quicker than 1080P. You have television networks pushing 4K content now and Netflix etc... shyt is the future and according to statistics Black Friday Christmas holiday season will be 70 plus percent 4K televisions sold when combined with other television content. 2019 in America alone 4K will be in 35 plus percent of American homes

Is it growing fast? Sure, but we're talking mass gamers. They don't care as long as it looks good enough. The premium price plus buying a 4k sets which have limited viewing options right now won't make those individuals pay more yet.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Is it growing fast? Sure, but we're talking mass gamers. They don't care as long as it looks good enough. The premium price plus buying a 4k sets which have limited viewing options right now won't make those individuals pay more yet.

I can't tell gamers especially online in the know gamers like yourself included has and will be purchasing a 4K tv. The demand for 4K is what driven Microsoft to create Scorpio and Sony to take the cheap route with Fake resolutions. shyt even YouTube has 4K content this shyt ain't a slow fab

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It will be for the best imagine Last of Us 2 on Ps5 and not that weak ass PS4 Pro

Pro isn't "weak". Last of us 2 will be on it and if it runs/looks as great as Horizon does on the pro, cats won't care.

My question is....I'm sure they don't want to launch at a price of more than 400 bucks, so what will the capabilities of the machine be at that time. Will it look that much better than Scorpio games? I dunno. If they launch with good exclusives, then that's another story.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can't tell gamers especially online in the know gamers like yourself included has and will be purchasing a 4K tv. The demand for 4K is what driven Microsoft to create Scorpio and Sony to take the cheap route with Fake resolutions. shyt even YouTube has 4K content this shyt ain't a slow fab

We are not mass gamers. That's what you have to understand. That group does not care and the numbers prove it.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
P
Pro isn't "weak". Last of us 2 will be on it and if it runs/looks as great as Horizon does on the pro, cats won't care.

My question is....I'm sure they don't want to launch at a price of more than 400 bucks, so what will the capabilities of the machine be at that time. Will it look that much better than Scorpio games? I dunno. If they launch with good exclusives, then that's another story.

That's up to Sony as the Pro uses a downclocked 480 which originally retails at 240 and higher. Does Sony have the engineers to custom create a CPU like microsoft has to limit the cost? Microsoft uses a 1070 equivalent but cost was cut because they custom made their CPU in house. Don't be surprise to see Microsoft Scorpio at 399. The only negative is memory which is why Sony PS4 originally was 399 at launch. DDR4/5 is expensive

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
We are not mass gamers. That's what you have to understand. That group does not care and the numbers prove it.

Come on man you guys stream play all the big titles on release dates you are a gamer. Stop referencing those casuals as they don't care for what game or title. Sony sold because of hardcore gamers who left Microsoft and went to Sony. Sony didn't have games for two years and that shyt outsold Microsoft because they had better performing multiplats.. Amazing how history can be forgotten. Sony strongest title came what three years in.